What's up with all the strikes lately?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
INCOVale did it. CanadPost just followed their lead but INCOVale was facing handing out layoff notices just prior to the strike thanks to cheap low grade Chinese pig nickel on the market.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That makes sooo little sense.

You're saying that the rotating strikes had so little impact that mgmt locked them out?... Are you for real?

No, that's what you're saying. You said the rotating strikes had so little impact that the union planned to escalate to a full strike, so management locked them out.

That was your logic, not mine.

I think management locked them out so that Parliament would force them back to work before summer.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We are broke like Wisconsin?

It's akin to a scorched-earth policy... Makes the unions think twice about rolling the dice
I bet you didn't know that all the other unions around the globe successfully negotiated raises and benefit packages during the Sudbury strike with INCOVale.

It was screw Canada not screw the Union.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
$20? B u l l l s h i t

It's $9.49 for an express post envelope and you can stuff it full.

No bullsh*t, Petros. They have a template at the P.O. with slots in it, and my thumb will not fit in the slots, you can mail something a foot square for fairly cheap as long as it's no more than about 1/2" thick. :smile:

(Have I ever bullsh*tted you?)

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
$20? B u l l l s h i t

It's $9.49 for an express post envelope and you can stuff it full.
Thank you Petros for mentioning XPresspost envelopes. There are 3 different sizes(cardboard types), 'Regional' is $9.49 (can't remember the other 2 off hand) and National also 3 sizes and prices. There are also padded XPresspost envelopes, 3 sizes, 3 prices (Regional and National). Regional and National ....It depends where you are sending from and sending to, which of regional or national you use.
And Yes.. you can stuff it full with whatever. As long as we can get the envelope closed.

Their bread and butter is parcels not letters and they still beat ALL couriers by at least 50%.
It appears that by Purolator it would cost me over $40.00 to send a birthday card to my son in Oklahoma City. Whereas I could send by Canada Post for $1.03. I'll pass on the courier, thanks anyway

Not surprising when they charge $20 to send a parcel the size of my thumb! I rather think they make more out of junk mail and ads than they do from parcels. I used to think Greyhound was better for parcels (until my son's cell phone got lost)
And you were sending it from where to where??

No bullsh*t, Petros. They have a template at the P.O. with slots in it, and my thumb will not fit in the slots, you can mail something a foot square for fairly cheap as long as it's no more than about 1/2" thick. :smile:

(Have I ever bullsh*tted you?)

Yeah, JLM, we do have a template. The max for a large letter is 20 centimetres thick. ALSO depends on the weight.
BUT THERE IS Xpresspost envelopes you can use and YES YOU CAN stuff them full with whatever if you are sending them in Canada. Thickness does not matter with them. As long as we can seal them

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thank you Petros for mentioning XPresspost envelopes. There are 3 different sizes(cardboard types), 'Regional' is $9.49 (can't remember the other 2 off hand) and National also 3 sizes and prices. There are also padded XPresspost envelopes, 3 sizes, 3 prices (Regional and National). Regional and National ....It depends where you are sending from and sending to, which of regional or national you use.
And Yes.. you can stuff it full with whatever. As long as we can get the envelope closed.

It appears that by Purolator it would cost me over $40.00 to send a birthday card to my son in Oklahoma City. Whereas I could send by Canada Post for $1.03. I'll pass on the courier, thanks anyway

And you were sending it from where to where??

Yeah, JLM, we do have a template. The max for a large letter is 20 centimetres thick. ALSO depends on the weight.
BUT THERE IS Xpresspost envelopes you can use and YES YOU CAN stuff them full with whatever if you are sending them in Canada. Thickness does not matter with them. As long as we can seal them

For $ 9.49 you can send a brick to MB from BC overnight if they get it by 5PM

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I wonder if union Jack Layton will fillibuster every back to work legislation all the way or will he back down like he did on the last one?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I have a friend that is an lpn in ns. She tells me that the lpns abs rns are the same union but different locals. The bargaing commitee came back with a 1 or 2 percent raise for the lpns and reccomended they take it, then they turn around and come back with a 4 percent raise for the rns and recomends that thhey ask for more. WTf????

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Big difference in liablities and responsibilities as well as qualifications between LPN and RN. It's that little thing called a BSN.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Big difference in liablities and responsibilities as well as qualifications between LPN and RN. It's that little thing called a BSN.

Assuming that they are already valued appropriately, both groups only need an inflationary increase. The 8k or more gap should alreay account for the difference in responsibilities. Besides, i hear that it is common for them to share the assigmnent, and while the lpn handle the larger ones, the rns will go back to their station to play games.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Chev And you were sending it from where to where?? [COLOR=black said:

It was about two years ago Vernon to Grand Forks, B.C. but on second thought it may have been for priority post. For normal mail I probably should have said $7 for thumb sized package. Years ago I had some old gold crowns extracted and the dentist puts them in a little square box and when I went to send one to the gold monger in the box they wanted $7 so said to hell with that took it out of the box wrapped it paper and it went for a $.50 stamp. Sorry if I was confused, Petros. (The bastards screw you so often you forget which is which) :lol:

[/COLOR]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

For $ 9.49 you can send a brick to MB from BC overnight if they get it by 5PM

And here I am with no bricks that need sending. :lol:

Not surprising when they charge $20 to send a parcel the size of my thumb! I rather think they make more out of junk mail and ads than they do from parcels. I used to think Greyhound was better for parcels (until my son's cell phone got lost)

I made a mistake which I acknowledged in a post. (excuse the pun) :lol: