What Will Happen When Peapod Takes Over The World

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: What Will Happen When

Twila said:
Early times this would have left us questioning the validity of certain aspects of faith and religion (sound plausible. Vanni?) this questioning would have caused much problems in early times.

Sounds very plausible... :wink:

Latin for right is Dexter
Latin for left is Sinister

I find it ticklish indeed that I belong to the latter group... 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I use my right for the mouse to. I think I do just about everything with my left hand.

Left-Handed Artists
Albrecht Dürer
M.C. Escher
Hans Holbein
Paul Klee
Michelangelo
LeRoy Neiman
Raphael
Leonardo da Vinci

DRIVERS :p
Johnny Herbert (Formula 1 driver)
Terry Labonte (NASCAR race car driver)
Ayrton Senna (Formula 1 driver)
Karl Wendlinger (Formula 1 driver)
Valentino Rossi (motorcycle racer)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I thought I'd read somewhere that the Rev was left-handed. Not positive though.

At any given time about 40% of the top tennis players are left-handed.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: What Will Happen When Peapod Takes Over The World

LadyC said:
Henry...

You spent an afternoon staring at a slug?
And this proves you have a life....... how?
;)

I stare, therefore I am, LadyC.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What Will Happen When

Henry. don't feel bad about staring at the flying slug. I'd have been memorized by it too. I watch my cats for hours and they aren't any novelty to me. I also like to watch the crows in my back yard. Seems they like to watch me too...

What's the saying about taking time to stop and smell the roses?..............Ferdinand the bull loved to smell the flowers........

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well thats very unusual :lol: :lol: I have never heard anyone describe a humming bird as a slug, but I can see why someone could think that. Weird eh?

Henry I got humming birds all year round, or I should say one humming bird and the occassional stray. Its a rufous hummer, the climate is so mild here they stay all year round. They are very territorial and will have great samurai battles in the sky, if any other hummer tries to steal some nectar. This even includes myself, if I happen to be to close to his feeder well...ehm...I can hear him coming, and he does helicopter moves on me. Up, down, left side, right side, even above my head. He wings are to loud. Once I saw one take a bath, it was like what the ????????? I mean who considers how a humming bird takes a bath, but there he was taking a bath in mid air, under a hanging basket that had just been watered.. 8)

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

LadyC said:
Ewwwww..... that you can even include slugs in with the other delightful things.....

Ick.

We mustn't judge Henry too harshly, he comes from a different culture, and we must be tolerant of his inherent ideosynchrasies...

So Henry, which way do you swing, left or right?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

Vanni Fucci said:
Hard-Luck Henry said:
extreme left

Ummm...I was referring to your golf clubs Henry... :p

If I were to waste a good walk by playing golf, I'd do it left-handed, Vanni. I don't like to generalise :roll: , but lefties are considerably superior, in both thought and deed. You know all this, but since you asked ... Left handed folk use right side of brain, which means we're better at sport, art, writing, humour, geometry, spontaneity, philosophising, you name it. Right-handers are good at digging. Though, needless to say, not as good as us. Apparently lefties have a propensity for ... erm, what's it called? ... oh, yes, absent-mindedness. And we think better when lying down. For centuries we have been stigmatised and it is even said the devil is left-handed. No doubt God would be, too, if he (or she) used hands.
Furthermore, a recent anthropological study lends support to the idea that left-handers should be feared:

Researchers from the University of Montpellier in France have found evidence that murder rates tend to be higher in societies where more people are left-handed.
They found that 27 per cent of the Eipo people in Indonesia were left-handed and there were three murders per 1,000 people per year.
But only 3.4 per cent of the Dioula people in Burkina Faso in Africa were left-handed - and there were only 0.013 homocides per 1,000 inhabitants each year.
The pattern was also borne out by analysis of other societies, according to the research published in the Royal Society's journal of biological sciences.
Experts say being left-handed provides an advantage when it comes to fighting because of the 'surprise element' involved in using the left rather than right hand to attack. As a result, for self-protection, those living in violent cultures may have evolved so they are more likely to be left-handed. 8)

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
Well the humming bird shape is kind of slug shaped. Although the hummer is much more attractive. Here is what he looks like henry. Also the one I speak of sits in a tree all day watching his terrority...which is my garden. :p

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/wilderness/birds/rufous.htm

:p Thanks, P.

I feel I need to clear something up; I'd never seen a humming bird before I saw the one I mentioned (in Minorca). I more or less instantly recognised it for what it was, and found it fascinating to watch - it looked a bit slug-like, in that it had an elongated body, and was doing that flapping-it's-wings-so-fast-they-were-invisible-to-the-naked-eye thing that humming birds do. It had beautiful plumage - shining, glistening, almost neon, purple, green, yellow too, I think. That's how I knew it wasn't really a slug. That, and the fact that it was eating nectar. And flying. (*psst* is it just me, or is that LadyC always so argumentative? She does it in a very lady-like fashion, though, which is nice :p )

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Vanni Fucci said:
Rick van Opbergen said:
I think driving on the right is still the most logical thing to do though. I mean, many people are right-handed, right? So, when they need something in the car, most people use their right hand for that, to get their cell phone, or their cigarettes etc. Now, it would be stupid to cross your arm over your body to grab something on the left - which is the case when your steering wheel is at the right side (wrong side) of your car :p -, and that's why driving on the right is better, because then, the steering wheel is on the left, so you can more easilier grab things which are on your right. See? It's just so obvious. 8)

Hey Ricky, I'm left handed, and now I'm feeling oppressed by the evil auto manufacturers...it's a conspiracy to kill off the left handed people of the world isn't it?
Yes, it is. That's democracy - the majority rules :p

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Just read the rest of the thread ... what's with the superiority feeling among you Lefties 8O :p ... By the way, I'm right handed, but I do use my left hand for certain things which other right handed people use their right hand for (for example, when I hold my knife and fork, I hold them as a Leftie) ... I also have a grandmother who was left-handed, and an uncle who is ... Maybe Lefties are superior after all? :p

(...)

Neh.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well yes superior would be the word for lefties :p I can vouch for the surprise element in a knock down fight to. :twisted: Just ask my brothers :twisted: Once, I did a great battle with "right" minded people who tried to get me to go againist my own brain. hehehehehehehe...they did not realize I was peapod :twisted:

The hummer is one interesting little slug henry :p He will take on anything that trys to mess with his nectar. They are shy, but not afraid. Mine sits in his tree and surveys his territory and guards it with ferocity. I have watched him through my binoculars. I also have seen a hummer's nest, the size of a timble 8) Mostly tho, its the cirque du soleil movements he does that is most impressive
8)