What to do about the CBC?

How should we deal with the CBC, in your order of preference as per the OP?

• 1, 2, and 3.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 1, 3, and 2.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2, 1, and 3.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2, 3, and 1.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3, 1, and 2.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3, 2, and 1.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other option.

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The CBC does a good job for all Canadians like any other outlet it has its flaws but it better
than some of the others. If we want something to go away get rid of Global, and if possible
smother Sun Media before it multiplies. CBC CTV Global are at least credible outlets
and qualify as genuine news outlets while Sun is a Fox North.
Fox and its northern cousin remind me of my fathers saying about something with substance.

Its a bit like sheering a pig, there is a whole lot of noise and no wool.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Do what the conservative government tells us we should do with it.
Which is?

As far as I know they will continue funding and then some.
No that's what they're doing with it.

What are they supposedly going to tell us to do with it?

At this point, it's like I'm doing the work for the astroturfers so I guess they got to me..
With all the same silly propaganda based ideology drive shyte.

Emulate what you mock...

Good call.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The CBC does a good job for all Canadians like any other outlet it has its flaws but it better
than some of the others. If we want something to go away get rid of Global, and if possible
smother Sun Media before it multiplies. CBC CTV Global are at least credible outlets
and qualify as genuine news outlets while Sun is a Fox North.
Fox and its northern cousin remind me of my fathers saying about something with substance.

Its a bit like sheering a pig, there is a whole lot of noise and no wool.

Pretty much.

I checked out a clip with Corin about Duceppe and he somehow managed to tie it in with the British riots and then morphed that into a discussion about the people who work at CBC being "fancy europeans who hate North America".

It's all hot air, really.

They have certain talking points about conservatism that they're paid to plug.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I checked out a clip with Corin about Duceppe and he somehow managed to tie it in with the British riots and then morphed that into a discussion about the people who work at CBC being "fancy europeans who hate North America".

It's all hot air, really.
Jealous?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes, I already know you ignore the facts in my post, where I refute the content. THEN mock the messenger, when he's so blinded by his silly ideology, that he can't muster the fortitude to concede.

As apposed to your style. Which is exactly what the latter post was in reference to.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yes, I already know you ignore the facts in my post, where I refute the content. THEN mock the messenger, when he's so blinded by his silly ideology, that he can't muster the fortitude to concede.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have no idea what you're talking about.
That's painfully clear and the reason you ignore many of my posts or dance on about being confused. So you won't have to openly admit your errors.

It's OK, I knew you were insincere about reaching a middle ground the minute i read it.

You love your ideology to much.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
That's painfully clear and the reason you ignore many of my posts or dance on about being confused. So you won't have to openly admit your errors.

It's OK, I knew you were insincere about reaching a middle ground the minute i read it.

You love your ideology to much.

I still have no idea what you're talking about, or what this has to do with the CBC?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I like a lot of what I hear on C.B.C. RADIO, and what I don't like I don't tune in to............no problems. News, weather and financial reports are fairly reliable! Don't get bogged down with sickening advertising! (oooooooops, is there any advertising that isn't sickening?) J

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I like a lot of what I hear on C.B.C. RADIO, and what I don't like I don't tune in to............no problems. News, weather and financial reports are fairly reliable! Don't get bogged down with sickening advertising! (oooooooops, is there any advertising that isn't sickening?) J

I'm not sure why they even have any advertising at all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Last edited:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Separation of state and media.

If the CBC offers quality programming, it should be able to stand on its own. If you're worried about it becoming like an American news network, you might not be watching it closely enough. Try switching back and forth between CBC Newsworld's daytime programming and CNN at the same time and notice the similarities in inanity.

During the uprisings in Egypt in January, the CBC was hours late in covering the event. They had plenty of time, however, to remind me repeatedly that it was Wayne Gretzky's birthday.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

I would say that CBC is still the best of the bunch when it comes to fairly neutral reporting. I've been listening to their politics war room podcast and I haven't come across anything quite like it. The three big parties are fairly well represented to discuss current issues and they have at it every day. While things can get heated, it's pretty well moderated and civil.

If anything there needs to be more independent media.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

If the CBC offers quality programming, it should be able to stand on its own. If you're worried about it becoming like an American news network, you might not be watching it closely enough. Try switching back and forth between CBC Newsworld's daytime programming and CNN at the same time and notice the similarities in inanity.

During the uprisings in Egypt in January, the CBC was hours late in covering the event. They had plenty of time, however, to remind me repeatedly that it was Wayne Gretzky's birthday.

That's their mandate.......................Canadian Content. :smile:

Corduroy If the CBC offers quality programming said:
I've no doubt that it could if it was into advertising. :smile: