What movie gave you nightmares?

Tresson

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
RE: What movie gave you n

Your all going to laugh at me for this but the movie that scared me the most was.....E.T.

I had nightmares for weeks about glowing fingers and men in those enviroment suits.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
Karlin said:
When I was 20, and this dates me, I went to the college theatre and saw ... I can barely type the name!! .... CLOCKWORK ORANGE.

I swear, I have never been the same. I wished they would never have made that movie. I didn't sleep well for a year, and to this day I refuse to watch violent movies.

I dunno, maybe I am just a freak, but movies can be very powerfull and when they are made to mess our heads up, thats what they might end up doing.

I had no idea that people actually did those things to other people, terrifying them like that, and using brutal violence, just for a thrill. So maybe it is a public service, but less violence in this world would be fine by me and when it is in movies, it is not real and not necessary.

A lot of people I know were addicted to 2001: A Space Odyssey for a specific reason and thought that Clockwork Orange would be another mind expander. The physicality was a very shocking surprise. Straw Dogs was another. They were very scary for the times.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: What movie gave you n

The first version of "When A Stranger Calls" scared the crap outta me. My babysitting years weren't far behind me at that time and the concept was horrifying. I also seem to remember it was based on a true story?? Now they're coming out with a remake and I have no doubt I'll be watching it from between the holes in a crochet afghan!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
The movie that gave me nightmares and still creeps me out is Clockwork Orange. Seeing that movie was the first time in my young life that I was presented with the notion of people committing violence just for the fun of it. At the time, I thought it was outlandish and highly unlikely that people would ever hurt one another just for fun. Pretty funny to think I was ever that naive.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Wednesday's Child said:
Saving Private Ryan

I didn't even finish the first half hour.

Not the scariest for me, but does contain one of the most distrubing movie scenes I've seen. Close to the end, where a soldier (I forget the characters name) is fighting a German soldier - the knife scene. Ugh. Still bugs me just thinking about it.

Scariest movie.....Redrum, REDRUM.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Said1 said:
Wednesday's Child said:
Saving Private Ryan

I didn't even finish the first half hour.

Not the scariest for me, but does contain one of the most distrubing movie scenes I've seen. Close to the end, where a soldier (I forget the characters name) is fighting a German soldier - the knife scene. Ugh. Still bugs me just thinking about it.

Scariest movie.....Redrum, REDRUM.

Knife scene.....me too.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I don't know if every time I dream about the water, and there's a great White Shark after me, is a result of watching Jaws[but it has to be!]But ,for sheer terror,the only time I was ever terrified at a movie theatre,was when I went to see The Exorcist. I am only happy that we went in the early afternoon to view it.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Re: RE: What movie gave you n

Graciously Yours said:
Pet semetary. Just with that part where she opens up a bedroom door and sees a vision of her dead sister all bent from some disease getting out of the bed saying (in a very ghoolish vioce) "You never loved meeeeeeee"... heebie - geebies!!

That scene traumatized me too... the voice... it would just haunt me! The name of her dead sister was Zelda...

Freddy Kruger from Nightmare on Elm Street had quite an impact on me as a kid... I would spend nights awake terrified at the idea of dreaming of that guy... During my adolescence I did start dreaming of him quite often and eventually I guess I learned to confront him... Everytime I feel bad or there's something wrong in my life, he tends to come back in my dreams but he doen't scare me anymore...

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: What movie gave you nightmares?

pastafarian said:
When I was 12, I saw "Deliverance". This was before male-on-male rape was shown in movies. Scared the living **** outta me. "Squeal like a pig." *shudder*

You just beat me to it. Scary shit.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: What movie gave you nightmares?

Brokeback Mountain..

hee hee hee.

No seriously, People Under the Stairs creeped me out royally when I was a kid. And pretty much anything with evil Aliens. Even though I was about twenty when I saw "Signs", I kept "re-seeing" the scene where they first catch an alien on film...
.. you know during a kids party in Brazil ( I think) some guy is taping off the festivities with a home video camera, then the kids start yelling "monster, Monster!" and BAM!! we get a quick image of that frickin alien framed in the doorway!

SHEESH!! I was seeing that thing for weeks. Of course that movie pissed me off in a lot of ways. Such as the fact that there was an Alien Invasion. In a Midwestern Farm Town. In America.

And Nobody Had a GUN!!!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought Aliens(the second one)was the most intense movie I've ever watched. I don't think I had nightmares about it but that was a scary movie.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Ju on this movie is actually quite scary, how the japanese make horror movies is actually quite amazing. Their 10 times scarier then american made horror movies.

The american version of ju on is the grunge.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
"THE THING"...........Saw it when I was a kid, and walked all the way home (after dark), in the middle of the road.

Guess there's a remake coming out, or is out. I won't be watching it. :lol: :lol:

"Deliverance" didn't give me nightmares, but I completly lost my desire to be a coleorectal surgeon. 8O

:idea: