What is your religion?

What is your religion?

• Total voters

emmapeel

Jul 11, 2006
I'm a Pagan, but didn't grow up with anything in particular. My dad's family is Protestant but we never practiced beyond when I was 5. Oh, and on holidays we went to church when my Grandma visited. We were holiday Christians.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Re: RE: What is your religion?

bevvyd said:
Rick, yes kids were being locked in closets. Thank goodness I was only there as a guest.

I think we both know that has to do with some F'd up parents and not the religion.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Raised good old hardcore backwoods Baptist.

Was the black sheep of the family, lapsed totally.

Funny though, as I get older, those ideas and beliefs seem ever more attractive...........

But I don't think I'll ever be a church-goer.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I'm Protestant, but I never ever go to church.

than you're not Protestant at all. Frankly, it always impresses me that people claim membership in a denomination, yet never participate in the rituals of that faith group. If you were some sort of a Protestant, and heavens knows there are allot of flavours in the prot world to choose from, you'd be attending some church or another. If you don't, if you do not practice it at all, how can you claim membership in that body?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I can't wait for the flying spaghetti monster to come, I have a special bottle of marinera sauce I'm saving just for then.

In reality, I'm a reformed Catholic, ie. Atheist.

Shia

Dec 24, 2006
i am not a religious man, but if you are up there please help me superman!! lol

I am a muslim. Hope my nick doesnt cause any confusion...I am a Sunni Muslim!!

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Results don't surpise me. With my experience on various online forums and blogs. The internet form of media seems to draw more Liberal, secular, atheistic, type people. So I never take results from internet polls as a fair display of the actual results.

This isn't an excuse. But I have been involved on many forums and blogs, and a fair balance people on the web are secular, atheists.

If you take the results to the entire population, with different demographics, you would find alot different results, and atheism would be in the minority.

In America its 'bout 7-10% Atheist, and 85-90% who believe in a supreme deity. And 80-85% who label themselves Christian.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
Results don't surpise me. With my experience on various online forums and blogs. The internet form of media seems to draw more Liberal, secular, atheistic, type people. So I never take results from internet polls as a fair display of the actual results.

This isn't an excuse. But I have been involved on many forums and blogs, and a fair balance people on the web are secular, atheists.

If you take the results to the entire population, with different demographics, you would find alot different results, and atheism would be in the minority.

In America its 'bout 7-10% Atheist, and 85-90% who believe in a supreme deity. And 80-85% who label themselves Christian.

Fine, this is Canada, so who cares really what the stat's are for them? And in this case, applied to Canada well over 65% of the population here would be labelled Roman Catholic,.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Catholics, Protestants, Christians, or any other denomination, we believe in the same basic belief, we just have certain variations and interpruttations on different issues.

So, if you asked, in Canada, Do you believe in The Bible: Yes or No, I think the Yes meter would be alot higher then the No meter.