What if Jesus had been born at a later date.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
"What if's" are interesting, but so is real history. The indisputable 'absolute' are that Jesus did walk the earth (too many writing exist for it to be disputed), he was a Galilean Jewish Preacher, who started his own ministry. Another absolute is that he was considered a threat by the ruler of the time, and was crucified, but his followers continued his preachings and wrote many letters. He left behind 4 brothers, and some unnamed sisters. The 'non absolute' are that he was the Son of God, conceived by the 'Holy Spirit"; performed miracles, and rose from the dead, and will be coming back? Real or not real, for me, the study of religion was one of the most interesting subject I've taken.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
2. BIRTH OF CHRIST IN 1152 AND HIS CRUCIFIXION IN TSAR-GRAD IN 1185.

Which cross was he crucified on?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First if he was born later he would have missed his first birthday
but he was on time for his death. As for God writing the Bible, no
God never wrote a word of it. It was written by his follower and in
in some cases decades after his death. Many assume God wrote
it and it referred to as Gods word but he did write the end product.

The four books of the new testament conflict each other for good
reason. There was a four way struggle for power in the church
and to keep it together there was a compromise. Actually there are
more than two dozen accounts and gospels that were never include.
This was a living history and political document that got carried away
and the very people Jesus railed against took over the Church in
future generations. So many re-writes its hard to say if it is totally
factual anymore.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Actually, God did write some of the original drafts. He used a pen name. The problem was with one of the first publishers in Judea. They wanted revisions, but you just didn't walk up to God and say, "Oy! I want some of this corrected!"

So they hired a series of ghost writers and rewrote some of what was written. Apparently, the publisher alleged that God's writing style was very aggressive, and that the masses wouldn't take to it. Further, some of the language was open to misinterpretation.

As a result, some was rewritten and very easy to understand. i.e.

Thou shall not kill, the 10 Commandments.

Other writings were more obscure.

The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.” Genesis 15:9

No one really understood what point He was trying to make. Remember, this was before radio, television or newspapers, so cooking shows were unknown. Or was it about something else. Something sinister?

Genesis was pretty messed up.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Actually, God did write some of the original drafts. He used a pen name. The problem was with one of the first publishers in Judea. They wanted revisions, but you just didn't walk up to God and say, "Oy! I want some of this corrected!"

So they hired a series of ghost writers and rewrote some of what was written. Apparently, the publisher alleged that God's writing style was very aggressive, and that the masses wouldn't take to it. Further, some of the language was open to misinterpretation.

As a result, some was rewritten and very easy to understand. i.e.

Thou shall not kill, the 10 Commandments.

Other writings were more obscure.

The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.” Genesis 15:9

No one really understood what point He was trying to make. Remember, this was before radio, television or newspapers, so cooking shows were unknown. Or was it about something else. Something sinister?

Genesis was pretty messed up.

My favourite part is where god said "let there be light". Who the hell was he talking too? Or on the 4th day god created the sun...but how had 4 days before the sun?

good times, way back then...yep good times.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If he did come, he would probably be a hillbilly!!!! And i bet he would drive a Chevrolet... :lol:

If she did come, you would probably find her among the poorest people on Earth in sub-Saharan Africa or a Mumbai slum. She'd probably give the Western World in general and North American particular a wide birth because of their non-compliance and contempt for his central message. He didn't journey to Rome two thousand years ago and I wouldn't expect her to do it this time around, either.