What are you seeking?????

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am seeking the ramainder of my life, to be calm, healthy, days go by slowly, so that I can
peacefully enjoy all of the beauty that surrounds me on this beautiful island. I am a person who
enjoys the very simplest of things in life, material things are becoming less and less important,
I think I am becoming "wise", "WOW", and that makes me more and more able to help my grandchildren
learn the important aspects of life, and how, being older is good and not sad.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I am seeking the ramainder of my life, to be calm, healthy, days go by slowly, so that I can
peacefully enjoy all of the beauty that surrounds me on this beautiful island. I am a person who
enjoys the very simplest of things in life, material things are becoming less and less important,
I think I am becoming "wise", "WOW", and that makes me more and more able to help my grandchildren
learn the important aspects of life, and how, being older is good and not sad.

Your already there Love ;) Wise beyond your years :)

Reactions: talloola

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I seek personal happiness and fulfilment.

I also seek a content world that co-exist with each other, and our nations divide can be healed an united by a set of beliefs we can ALL agree on.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I just want to be free of most responsibility so I can roam around and experience reality. Preferably in different locations, all warm.:thumbup:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Very well, we want pleasure. Perhaps that may be putting it very crudely, but that is actually what we want - knowledge that will give us pleasure, experiences that will give us pleasure, a gratification that will not wither away by tomorrow. And we have experimented with various gratification's, and they have all faded away; and we hope now to find permanent gratification in reality, in god. Surely, that is what we are all seeking - the clever ones and the foolish ones, the theorist and the factual person who is striving after something. And is there permanent gratification? is there something which will endure? If there is , I'm not aware .

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
China - good morning (or afternoon or evening)...

You write: "permanent gratification in reality"

Gratification can mean many things - and does include gratification which could be a negative influence in our life. But of course gratification can be the granting of our wishes, hopes, dreams, and problems - on the positive side.

I guess I don't have such high aspirations for myself, and only seek permanent acceptance of what I am capable of achieving and experiencing.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am alive, and gratified to have that position on this earth, as there are millions, who are
6 feet under, who don't, and never will again, and would gladly exchange places with me
if they could.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
talloola
......and would gladly exchange places with me
if they could.

Why ?... I wouldn't be too sure .

Why, the eternal question. The purpose of life they say is framed in the answer to that little question.
It is said that our purpose is worship, and that worship is a function of awareness expressed as awe
and love, niether are products of conventional logic. The one uses us as a mirror. It requires the awareness of the other (us) the living organisms. If there were no others there would be no one.