What are American values?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What are American val

All righty then. How does a perfeclty healthy debate turn into chat about bodily gases?

Oh,....wait...never mind. I don't want to know.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

No, Vanni. I think this one was all you. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I don't think that's called Digressing. I think what you did is called....comic relief. But look how many followed you down that path. You play the pipe well......lol

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Ah, yes, the thread. Thanks, no1. :) (And Twila)

I'm told that absolutely any U.S. citizen can become President of the U.S., but I must say; I have my doubts. Let's say there are two possible candidates to choose from:

A. - A white, married male (let's be realistic, now) who possesses qualities such as integrity, honesty, even-handedness, compassion, dignity, extremely high intelligence, conviction, wisdom, (and so on) but who says he doesn't believe in God.

B. - An idiot who does [believe].

So, who gets the job as 'the most powerful man in the world'?

media

Aug 14, 2005
8) The best explanation of American values were spoken by a great Canadian man. Gordon Sinclair. His speech was recognized by the entire world and he was honored by the United States. Is anyone here old enough to remember who he is?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Hard-Luck Henry said:
Ah, yes, the thread. Thanks, no1. :) (And Twila)

I'm told that absolutely any U.S. citizen can become President of the U.S., but I must say; I have my doubts. Let's say there are two possible candidates to choose from:

A. - A white, married male (let's be realistic, now) who possesses qualities such as integrity, honesty, even-handedness, compassion, dignity, extremely high intelligence, conviction, wisdom, (and so on) but who says he doesn't believe in God.

B. - An idiot who does [believe].

So, who gets the job as 'the most powerful man in the world'?

No, not any US citizen can become President. You must be a US born American to be eligible for the Presidency of the United States. The only exception is those US citizens born within a US territory.

As for your question, it would be the individual who stands by his convictions no matter what they are (you must practice what you preach). Someone who doesn't flip flop.

Someone who doesn't stand by his convictions will appear unstable and folks will not vote for him.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
media said:
8) The best explanation of American values were spoken by a great Canadian man. Gordon Sinclair. His speech was recognized by the entire world and he was honored by the United States. Is anyone here old enough to remember who he is?

Back in the 90's I recall he was a radio commentator (and somewhat in charge) of the CJAD radio station in Montreal. I generally did not agree with most of the Montreal radio commenators, but Gord Sinclair and Tommy Schnurmacher are two guys I enjoyed listening to. They don't compare with Bill O'Reilly however, he's by far a class above the rest.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
media said:

I know who he is...

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/gordonsinclair.htm

For my part, I didn't think he was such hot shit...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Nascar_James said:
Back in the 90's I recall he was a radio commentator (and somewhat in charge) of the CJAD radio station in Montreal. I generally did not agree with most of the Montreal radio commenators, but Gord Sinclair and Tommy Schnurmacher are two guys I enjoyed listening to. They don't compare with Bill O'Reilly however, he's by far a class above the rest.

That would be Bill O'Reilly the purveyor of sexual misconduct and harrasment in the workplace? Yeah...he's a real stand up guy...

Here O'Reilly defends Schwarzenegger's sexual impropriety...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: What are American val

media said:
Hi Nascar!

Check out his awesome speech.

What for...likely Nascar is unable to read, which is why he listens to O'Reilly...

I could really say anything I like about Nascar, because due to his being a victim of the No-Child-Left-Behind campaign, he's functionally illiterate, and unable to respond.

I won't though, because that would just be mean... :p

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Vanni Fucci said:
Nascar_James said:

That would be Bill O'Reilly the purveyor of sexual misconduct and harrasment in the workplace? Yeah...he's a real stand up guy...

Here O'Reilly defends Schwarzenegger's sexual impropriety...

tsk tsk ... you are probably the only individual who has anything negative to say about Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is a an example of a real success story, and a good role model for newly arrived immigrants to look up to.

Let me guess, do you hate him cause he's a Republican? Does this mean you also don't like Bruce Willis, The Rock (Dwayne Johnston), Chuck Norris, Alice Cooper, Robert Duvall, Heather Locklear, Jessica Simpson, Matt LeBlanc ... all noted Republicans.

media

Aug 14, 2005

Nascar,

I think if you work hard, help other people, and do your best to be a good person, you are going to get attacked here.