Welcome to NHL Hockey!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
VANCOUVER CANUCKS TRAINING CAMP TO BE HELD IN WHISTLER THIS YEAR.

On Ice activities will begin September 20,

Prospect testing, Sept 12, General Motors Place

Prospect camp , Sept 13, 14th U.B.C.

Prospect tournament, Sept 15,16th- Encana Arena, Camrose, Alta.
Tournament will include Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames Prospects.

Veteran testing, Sept 19, General Motors Place

Training Camp, Sept 20, 21 - Meadow Park Sports Center, Whister

(subject to change)

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Heard an interview with Steve Bernier yesterday, big, young, talented player,Canucks were
fortunate to obtain. He went from San Jose to Buffalo, then to the Canucks, and he
sounded very happy to be in Vancouver.

He should be a good player to try with the Sedins, as he is a right hand shot, which is
what they have been looking for, and would fit right in on their line.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
To kick off the NHL season this year, there will some games in Europe - as follows---

Saturday, Oct. 4/08 Tampa Bay Lightening vs. New York Rangers- (Prague, CZ) CBC

Saturday, Oct. 4/08 Senators vs Pittsburg Penguins (Stockholm.SE) CBC

Oct 5/08 -repeat -versus/CBC
Oct 5/08- repeat- versus

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Maybe we can have a hockey pool. If the season starts around the beginning of October perhaps, if we did have one, we could start putting it together mid-late September.

It would be great fun to have a hockey pool, but someone else would have to run it,
I haven't got a clue. I'm always in the big one that is run by hockey night in canada, but
I would sign up in another one 'here' too.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Oh, Toronto will be in the toilet even if they wanted to win. I am a Leaf fan, but I am not looking forward to the disaster known as the 2008-2009 NHL season.

Good reason to 'move' to B.C.;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sorry.......I had a formatting problem

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Forget about Sundin. Sundin wouldn't come near Vancouver if he was a ten foot Pole, which is probably what the Canucks need.

I don't know how far Vancouver can go this season but the guy who is going to lead them is likely to be Pavol Demitra. He is probably as talented as Naslund but a bit meaner. In any case Demitra will likely be the Canuck's leading scorer this season. Maybe he should be captain....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Forget about Sundin. Sundin wouldn't come near Vancouver if he was a ten foot Pole, which is probably what the Canucks need.

I don't know how far Vancouver can go this season but the guy who is going to lead them is likely to be Pavol Demitra. He is probably as talented as Naslund but a bit meaner. In any case Demitra will likely be the Canuck's leading scorer this season. Maybe he should be captain....

Yeah, I agree with you, Dimitra is a very talented player, but he is getting lots of criticism from some of the canuck 'empty headed' fans, cause he didn't have a good year last
year, he did have an injury, but he also was hemmed in by Lamaire's coaching style, which
is good, but not for a player like him, he is a great play maker, and needs to have a free reign to do that. He players both sides and center if needed, but prefers wing, and I
look for Steve Bernier, Mason Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Kyle welwood to step up and
show a knack for scoring as well, and I don't think any of us can know at this point
how they will do. I see lots of potential, but they do have to 'jell' as a team, get lots
of chemistry, and do it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, I agree with you, Dimitra is a very talented player, but he is getting lots of criticism from some of the canuck 'empty headed' fans, cause he didn't have a good year last
year, he did have an injury, but he also was hemmed in by Lamaire's coaching style, which
is good, but not for a player like him, he is a great play maker, and needs to have a free reign to do that. He plays both sides ,and center if needed, but prefers wing, and I
look for Steve Bernier, Mason Raymond, Ryan Kesler, Kyle welwood to step up and
show a knack for scoring as well, and I don't think any of us can know at this point
how they will do. I see lots of potential, but they do have to 'jell' as a team, get lots
of chemistry, and do it.

Demitra is at least as talented as Sundin and he didn't cost ten million a year. Sundin spent a good number of years in Toronto and he didn't win any Stanley cups for them.The Rangers must be getting close to their salary cap after signing Naslund for big money. Would they get Sundin for less than what Vancouver offered. Gomez could help Vancouver if we can afford him and if he will come.

About Lemaire's coaching. Over the years he has turned out some of the most boring teams going. Very tight checking and Lemaire probably invented the neutral zone trap. I prefer hockey to be a little more open with more scoring chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Demitra is at least as talented as Sundin and he didn't cost ten million a year. Sundin spent a good number of years in Toronto and he didn't win any Stanley cups for them.The Rangers must be getting close to their salary cap after signing Naslund for big money. Would they get Sundin for less than what Vancouver offered. Gomez could help Vancouver if we can afford him and if he will come.

About Lemaire's coaching. Over the years he has turned out some of the most boring teams going. Very tight checking and Lemaire probably invented the neutral zone trap. I prefer hockey to be a little more open with more scoring chances.

Yeah, I agree, but in most cases he hasn't had the talent on his teams,to coach any other way, and he
knows how to 'win', with 'what he has'. He won the cup in New Jersey, coaching that way,
and probably will have to continue, as they got rid of dimitra and rolston, and now
gaborik doesn't have anyone, at his level to play with, so, it seems they will be weaker this year, and they got rid of Parrish as well.
Babcock was a defensive coach in Anaheim, had to be, but when he got to Detroit, he could coach a real good two-way game, as he could let those talented scorers do their thing.
Vineault is a good defensive coach, and he taught 'Therien' (pittsburg) to coach, and he is a good defensive coach too,
but has the talent to allow his scorers to play their game, and when vancouver reach that point, vineault will be able
to do the same.
Coaches have one thing on their mind, and that is 'winning', whatever it takes, they want to keep their jobs.

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Wonderful! Great idea, Kreskin and talloola! I hope the enthusiasm will last a little longer than it did for the CC Health and Fitness Club!:p

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Wonderful! Great idea, Kreskin and talloola! I hope the enthusiasm will last a little longer than it did for the CC Health and Fitness Club!:p

That's right, I guess it's like most fitness ideas, starts off great, then tails off, as
enthusiasm wains, I'm going to get back there and enter something, but I haven't done
much, except golf lately, oh well, I'll enter that.;-)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Dancing loon, would you like to be the official leader of the heath and fitness forum. I have to admit, I have web committments up to the yin yang so it's pretty hard to keep up with everything.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The Rangers must be getting close to their salary cap after signing Naslund for big money. Would they get Sundin for less than what Vancouver offered. Gomez could help Vancouver if we can afford him and if he will come.

I assume they would get Sundin for less money, as Vancouver had to catch the attention
of him and everyone with that $10 million offer, and they did that.
With Sundin, it's only money, for Gomez it would be picking his big contract, and sending
a couple of players to New York, so the price is 'high', but worth it in my opinion, depends
what players leave Vancouver, hope it would just be a defenceman, and one forward, or
less if that is possible.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
That's right, I guess it's like most fitness ideas, starts off great, then tails off, as
enthusiasm wains, I'm going to get back there and enter something, but I haven't done
much, except golf lately, oh well, I'll enter that.;-)
No, no, talloola,... not for my sake, please! I pulled out last night after realizing I look like a fool all by myself.... no interaction, no camaraderie, no buddy to challenge. But there is one good thing I got out of it, and that is the joy of walking.... seeing and feeling the good it has already done for me I'll continue that for the rest of my life! :smile:
Please, enjoy your hockey club!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Ahhh, Lemaire!

How I love his Neutral Zone Trap.8O

NOT!!!!

Watching that style of hockey was sooooo boring.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Dancing loon, would you like to be the official leader of the heath and fitness forum. I have to admit, I have web commitments up to the yin yang so it's pretty hard to keep up with everything.
Thanks for the offer, Kreskin, but I have to decline. There is no interest in that field right now... it is dead! Also, a younger person would be much more suited for such a post in the future perhaps.
You did such a good job setting it up! As I mentioned to talloola, it has inspired me to continue the walking on my own. As a matter of fact, my friend and I are about to head out to the racetrack!
Thanks for your efforts. I gladly join again should there be a revival!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Thanks for the offer, Kreskin, but I have to decline. There is no interest in that field right now... it is dead! Also, a younger person would be much more suited for such a post in the future perhaps.
You did such a good job setting it up! As I mentioned to talloola, it has inspired me to continue the walking on my own. As a matter of fact, my friend and I are about to head out to the racetrack!
Thanks for your efforts. I gladly join again should there be a revival!
That's awesome DL. Your an inspiration to all of us.