Welcome to Art and Design

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
Quite impressive.

I just created an account on photobucket.com to upload and link my images into here. Most of what I do is related to pens, when it comes to art by the hand. Although usually I will start a complex project with pencil then outline in pen..... takes forever, but when done right, looks pretty good.

I envy anyone who has the patience and 'gift' to work on the computer! Appreciate your compliment and wish I had more time to figure out the computer programs but for me that doesn't pay the rent.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Congratulations Praxius.:smile:

I am looking forward to seeing all the wonderful machinations created by the CC'ers.:cool:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Great! This Thread is made for me. If only I knew "how" to upload my sketch. :-?The scanner did a poor job but that I can solve by finally buying a new one. Here's one of my pencil sketches of a dog portrait.

That is very nice Night Safari!:cool::cool:

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
That is very nice Night Safari!:cool::cool:
I appreciate your compliment. That sketch is of one of our dogs I grew up with and means a lot to me. I enjoy using not only pencil, but pen and ink, water colour, acrylic, microwood, fabric, dried flowers, clay, etc. The challenge I enjoy is mixing various mediums up to create one piece.

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
I hope to be able to post these 4 photos of my work in making a "Treasure Chest" for one of my nephews.

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
....I just created an account on photobucket.com to upload and link my images into here.

I just went on photobucket and see that an account there is free, so I'll give that a try as it will certainly be easier for anyone to view.:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I appreciate your compliment. That sketch is of one of our dogs I grew up with and means a lot to me. I enjoy using not only pencil, but pen and ink, water colour, acrylic, microwood, fabric, dried flowers, clay, etc. The challenge I enjoy is mixing various mediums up to create one piece.

No problem.:smile:

I wish that I had some artistic talent, as it amazes me what people can do.:-(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I just went on photobucket and see that an account there is free, so I'll give that a try as it will certainly be easier for anyone to view.:smile:

Photobucket is also very user-friendly.:smile:

That treasure chest is very beautiful. I imagine that it must have taken a long time to finish.:cool:

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
i LOVE art. i'm not much of an artist like Night is, but my talent lies more in writing. if i do draw something, its always manga style

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
k i'm gonna put a poem up. this is the first time i publicly shared my work with anyone so plez b kind

[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Love is[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a drug of the heart[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You always want more
Of[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif] that person you long for[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]It's hard to quit[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You become trapped
Within the walls of your heart[/FONT]

[FONT=impact,sans-serif]There's no escape[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Love can make you feel alive[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]But at the same time[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]It can make you hurt[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]And make you cry[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Strange[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a lovely red rose [/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]With the sharpest of thorns[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a beautiful nightmare[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You can't wake up from[/FONT]

Reactions: dancing-loon

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
k i'm gonna put a poem up. this is the first time i publicly shared my work with anyone so plez b kind ...

WOW! Your free style poem is genuinely striking. You certainly know how to capture the reader with your words. Excellent. I love your originality and find myself feeling a tumble of emotions after reading it several more times.
A good poem always evokes an emotion in its reader.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
k i'm gonna put a poem up. this is the first time i publicly shared my work with anyone so plez b kind

[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a drug of the heart[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You always want more [/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Of[/FONT][FONT=impact,sans-serif] that person you long for[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]It's hard to quit[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You become trapped[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Within the walls of your heart[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]There's no escape[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Love can make you feel alive[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]But at the same time[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]It can make you hurt[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]And make you cry[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Strange[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a lovely red rose [/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]With the sharpest of thorns[/FONT]
[FONT=impact,sans-serif]Like a beautiful nightmare[/FONT]

[FONT=impact,sans-serif]You can't wake up from[/FONT]

That is a very nice poem, MissAnnika.:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
i LOVE art. i'm not much of an artist like Night is, but my talent lies more in writing. if i do draw something, its always manga style

I could tell by your choices of Avatars and placement of pictures on Walls that you are a fan of Manga. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, as I find there are pieces of Manga out there that are absolutely breathtaking.:cool:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I envy anyone who has the patience and 'gift' to work on the computer! Appreciate your compliment and wish I had more time to figure out the computer programs but for me that doesn't pay the rent.

That's usually the way it goes... but besides the work I currently do everyday, I am also starting to work on some other side project, which have some potential of going futher, and more into what I personally enjoy.

The best bet I have found during my career, is that you do what you enjoy on the side, as a hobby, and when opportunities pop up over time, you've been keeping your talents sharp, and it only takes one or two really good opportunities to get you started on the path you want.... but as patience is required for art, patience is also required to make your mark.

The project I am currently working on is something I can't really talk about just yet, but when it is completed and there's a go ahead for using it, then I'll be posting it here for you guys to shoot up or ask questions on. I'll be more then willing to help with anything someone else maybe stuck on, or if you just simply want to know how to do something.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I could tell by your choices of Avatars and placement of pictures on Walls that you are a fan of Manga. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, as I find there are pieces of Manga out there that are absolutely breathtaking.:cool:

There have been some good Jap.Anime/Manga out there, such as Ninja Scroll, Macross, Macross Plus, Robotech, etc.... however, the waters of quality have been muddied by such cartoons as Sailor Moon, Drangon Ball and Pokemon with their cheap and really sh*tty animation.... which has overall ruined my views of that style of cartoon/animation.

Recycled animations, 10 seconds of a still shot of someone's head with only the mouth moving in two motions for them to talk, among other things, have pretty well screwed Jap.Anime for me.

But by all means, my personal preferences has no affect here, so if people want to talk or share their art here in regards to that form of art, knock yourselves out.

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
The best bet I have found during my career, is that you do what you enjoy on the side, as a hobby, and when opportunities pop up over time, you've been keeping your talents sharp, and it only takes one or two really good opportunities to get you started on the path you want.... but as patience is required for art, patience is also required to make your mark.

That is so true Praxius. I've got quite a few hobbies now and enjoy giving new concepts/variations of art a try. From past experience I find the exposure to various different interests has indeed broadened my horizons and my art work has benefited.

The computer and I have always been "at odds" with each other. I've grasped enough of the basics and have no desire yet to learn more. There are times when I wished I knew how to do some photo repair( or other), but I get so frustrated and intimidated by these programs! I have learned which icon/setting to use when cropping a scan. All the others are still a "mystery" to me.:lol:
Therefore give me actual paper, pencils, canvas, bushes, paints,carving tools, etc. and I'm quite happy for now!
Thanks for offering your assistance. I may need to take you up on that in the near future.

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
My avatar is MangaArt but I only learned that after you mentioned you draw manga.( Yes, I 'goggled' it and found that it is the "latest most popular style for young artists in America.";-))

I've tried abstract drawing and cartoon but as yet my style is realism art.
Would you post one of your drawings? I'd really love to see it.