Water is Life

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Says the guy giving the world the big middle finger f u . Nope no hate there .
Actually, I love the world and most people. The finger is for the hateful people who constantly respond in the negative to everything I post, like you and petroglyph.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Largest bank in Norway pulls its assets in Dakota Access pipeline

“The writing's on the wall for the Dakota Access pipeline. People power is winning. The news that DNB has sold its assets and is considering terminating its loans is a victory for the water protectors who are fighting to stop this disaster of a project. All financial institutions with a stake in the pipeline must quickly realize that financing this project is toxic. It would be smart for them to get out ahead of the growing movement of customers looking to divest from banks that finance the destruction of our planet and ignore Indigenous rights and sovereignty. Citigroup, TD Securities, Wells Fargo, SunTrust, and the other banks backing this project should see this as a sign to get on the right side of history.”

Largest bank in Norway pulls its assets in Dakota Access pipeline

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
You misunderstood Zippy...I meant this is me being kind to a rapist.

Me being unkind would involve weeks of heavy torture followed by a slow and painful death.

Coffee spit!!

Are you for real?

Just a thought - people who'd tattoo 'rapist' on a rapist's forehead or other sundry punishments ought do the same to themselves if they post hateful images of women, or otherwise engage in denigrating their appearance ... and then call other women b*tches and c*nts for calling them out on it.

Not understanding why that's incredibly relevant, how it contributes to and 100% supports rape culture is on you to figure out. (hint: it's really not that tough.)

Until you do, your input on what to do with rapists is (oxy)moronic. Apply it to yourself first.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Are you for real?
Last time I checked I was
Just a thought - people who'd tattoo 'rapist' on a rapist's forehead or other sundry punishments ought do the same to themselves if they post hateful images of women, or otherwise engage in denigrating their appearance ... and then call other women b*tches and c*nts for calling them out on it.
Stop being a man-hating b*tch and I won't call you that.
Not understanding why that's incredibly relevant, how it contributes to and 100% supports rape culture is on you to figure out. (hint: it's really not that tough.)
Stop with the leftard drivel...you don't know me at all
Until you do, your input on what to do with rapists is (oxy)moronic. Apply it to yourself first.
Sure...if I were to ever rape someone you could tattoo my forehead.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Last time I checked I was

Stop being a man-hating b*tch and I won't call you that.

Stop with the leftard drivel...you don't know me at all

Sure...if I were to ever rape someone you could tattoo my forehead.

You don't know me either - or the last thing you'd be calling me is a man-hater. Some of my best friends are men. Trump supporters even. ba-da-bing.

Name-calling: First indicator of a weak person. You calling someone a b*tch to somehow reinforce your point: first indicator of a weak man.

You appear to have difficulty assimilating information that asks you to confront your own hypocrisy, so I'll repeat it again. I don't hate all men. I hate the culture and behavioural reinforcement that promotes violence or dehumanization of anyone.... this includes anyone participating willfully in that - whether they're male, female or undecided.

Throwing names that don't actually apply doesn't make it so. I love men. :)

And those that love me, appreciate the challenge I bring to their perspectives, just as I value theirs. Nope, they're not pussies, these guys, (ya, I saw ya going there) a couple of 'em are bikers, and we have chatted at length about their participation in promoting rape culture - and guess what - they got it. You still don't.

I have, in the past week, run the gamut of emotions, questions, what ifs, how, and whys... and I refuse to settle for pat, ill considered answers or slogans, name calling etc as the final answer to any of it.

I ask tough questions of myself - which I don't hear being asked here. (and cannot fathom why not?) Questions like: what am I missing? Many of the people celebrating the sudden change in direction are people I like and admire - intrinsic shared values between us still exists for me, why doesn't it for them anymore?

How can we empower them enough to take away the fear that drives their hate? I'm looking - everywhere -(f*ck, even here!) and I cannot seem to find anyone who supports this kind of thinking and behaviour willing to hear anyone but themselves - with no comprehension of how dangerous it may be for them or someone they truly love at some point, if they don't elevate their vision above their own immediate wants.

Ya PN - it matters to me even why you - who clearly sees something wrong with violating women physically - cannot understand that there are so many ingrained ways to violate a woman - you don't even have to physically touch her to do it, and you are doing it with sad regularity here.

I should have approached you in a much more open way to try and have this discussion, but I admit, I do feel like a prickly b*tch these days - it's hard to open oneself - be vulnerable - yet again, to this without approaching with one's own sword drawn. If I thought there was an opportunity to reach anyone here with an open heart instead of a harsh knee jerk post, I might have thought to try that.

Instead I submerged myself in the lowest, most base place right alongside you - in fear translated as hate. I'll own that, and even apologize for it. It's the one way we know doesn't work.

Am I helping with the way I'm posting? Clearly not, but I am still here, swimming amongst people who want nothing more than to somehow make me come away feeling less. Less everything - less empowered, less valued, less relevant, less worthy...

Because maybe, there's one curious mind poking around in here, trying to figure out what's important to them, what the big friggin deal is with all these 'leftards' - maybe pry some reluctant minds open to something that could look better for everyone - even those who have to lug around hate with them all the time to justify placing themselves above other human beings. And maybe, there's something you can teach me - but it won't happen within hateful rhetoric.

I realize I've come with unrealistic expectations. It won't stop me from trying though. It's all I can do for now. Yes, I am a progressive, and you are... what you are. I don't see anything to apologize for in that for either of us - but if you can explain to me how what I want is any different than what you want - without it costing someone else's wellbeing to get it - I'm here to listen.

But if the only way to get what you want is to stomp somebody else's rights out of existence, I'm here to stand between you and them - hopefully with my best intentions. I don't know what to do with this sword though. It still doesn't feel safe to put it away.

One humane remark PN - just one bold comment from you showing something vulnerable or curious about what it's like to be someone who isn't YOU, doesn't look like you, feel like you, earn a living like you, dream like you...

That's all it would take for me to see a light within you that somehow tells me we are both, at the end of the day, sharing the same space, being humans together in a very troubling time... and maybe open the door a crack for a much different conversation to occur.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You don't know me either - or the last thing you'd be calling me is a man-hater. Some of my best friends are men. Trump supporters even. ba-da-bing.

Name-calling: First indicator of a weak person. You calling someone a b*tch to somehow reinforce your point: first indicator of a weak man.

You appear to have difficulty assimilating information that asks you to confront your own hypocrisy, so I'll repeat it again. I don't hate all men. I hate the culture and behavioural reinforcement that promotes violence or dehumanization of anyone.... this includes anyone participating willfully in that - whether they're male, female or undecided.

Throwing names that don't actually apply doesn't make it so. I love men. :)

And those that love me, appreciate the challenge I bring to their perspectives, just as I value theirs. Nope, they're not pussies, these guys, (ya, I saw ya going there) a couple of 'em are bikers, and we have chatted at length about their participation in promoting rape culture - and guess what - they got it. You still don't.

I have, in the past week, run the gamut of emotions, questions, what ifs, how, and whys... and I refuse to settle for pat, ill considered answers or slogans, name calling etc as the final answer to any of it.

I ask tough questions of myself - which I don't hear being asked here. (and cannot fathom why not?) Questions like: what am I missing? Many of the people celebrating the sudden change in direction are people I like and admire - intrinsic shared values between us still exists for me, why doesn't it for them anymore?

How can we empower them enough to take away the fear that drives their hate? I'm looking - everywhere -(f*ck, even here!) and I cannot seem to find anyone who supports this kind of thinking and behaviour willing to hear anyone but themselves - with no comprehension of how dangerous it may be for them or someone they truly love at some point, if they don't elevate their vision above their own immediate wants.

Ya PN - it matters to me even why you - who clearly sees something wrong with violating women physically - cannot understand that there are so many ingrained ways to violate a woman - you don't even have to physically touch her to do it, and you are doing it with sad regularity here.

I should have approached you in a much more open way to try and have this discussion, but I admit, I do feel like a prickly b*tch these days - it's hard to open oneself - be vulnerable - yet again, to this without approaching with one's own sword drawn. If I thought there was an opportunity to reach anyone here with an open heart instead of a harsh knee jerk post, I might have thought to try that.

Instead I submerged myself in the lowest, most base place right alongside you - in fear translated as hate. I'll own that, and even apologize for it. It's the one way we know doesn't work.

Am I helping with the way I'm posting? Clearly not, but I am still here, swimming amongst people who want nothing more than to somehow make me come away feeling less. Less everything - less empowered, less valued, less relevant, less worthy...

Because maybe, there's one curious mind poking around in here, trying to figure out what's important to them, what the big friggin deal is with all these 'leftards' - maybe pry some reluctant minds open to something that could look better for everyone - even those who have to lug around hate with them all the time to justify placing themselves above other human beings. And maybe, there's something you can teach me - but it won't happen within hateful rhetoric.

I realize I've come with unrealistic expectations. It won't stop me from trying though. It's all I can do for now. Yes, I am a progressive, and you are... what you are. I don't see anything to apologize for in that for either of us - but if you can explain to me how what I want is any different than what you want - without it costing someone else's wellbeing to get it - I'm here to listen.

But if the only way to get what you want is to stomp somebody else's rights out of existence, I'm here to stand between you and them - hopefully with my best intentions. I don't know what to do with this sword though. It still doesn't feel safe to put it away.

One humane remark PN - just one bold comment from you showing something vulnerable or curious about what it's like to be someone who isn't YOU, doesn't look like you, feel like you, earn a living like you, dream like you...

That's all it would take for me to see a light within you that somehow tells me we are both, at the end of the day, sharing the same space, being humans together in a very troubling time... and maybe open the door a crack for a much different conversation to occur.
I honestly didn't read much past the third paragraph. I don't come here to read books. I imagine it is the same drivel as before...'blah blah blah I don't hate men blah blah'... I'm sure there are men you put up with and even a few who agree with you totally that you like but you are a misandrist, no doubt about it. While I am just not PC and having a laugh your hatred is quite real and obvious. I would suggest it is ultra-PC people like you that are the reason Trump is President-elect, the rest of us are fed up with your whining and telling everyone how to think and act.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Lol - I apologize for using too many words at once. I will try to do better.

...so what do you come here for, exactly?

And I think you might be right about the reason Trump was elected. *shock*

Why do you think I am here trying to elicit an actual discussion with you instead of another barrage of childish insults?

You're displaying some of the most concerning behaviour I've seen coming out of the last few months - bashing of all kinds has suddenly become more pronounced, including against women...and I'm trying to understand what makes people like you think like that.

People aren't that angry and just plain mean for no reason - something's caused it, and I'd like to know more - if I'm contributing in a legitimate way to that anger (not talking about here in this forum) I'm talking about before I ever get off the bus, and walk down the sidewalk and get sexual innuendos hurled at me from complete strangers, WHAT can I do to understand why they think this is ok, and what can I do to help them look at it differently - or to even care about why they should try?

(... still too many?)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
...so what do you come here for, exactly?
Light entertainment
Why do you think I am here trying to elicit an actual discussion with you instead of another barrage of childish insults?
You came to the wrong place
You're displaying some of the most concerning behaviour I've seen coming out of the last few months - bashing of all kinds has suddenly become more pronounced, including against women...and I'm trying to understand what makes people like you think like that.
Again you do not know how I think or how I behave. You are putting your own spin and interpretation on a few passages on an internet forum in order to justify your preconceived opinion about men in general.
People aren't that angry and just plain mean for no reason
I'm not angry or mean...I just don't care what others think, especially left-wing SJW nutcases
I'd like to know more - if I'm contributing in a legitimate way to that anger
Read a few psychology books, then think about how your melodramatic tirades might offend others
WHAT can I do to understand why they think this is ok
Nothing! I suggest you get over it and stop worrying
and what can I do to help them look at it differently - or to even care about why they should try?
Again, nothing! It is futile and childish to think you will change anyone.

You should just stop caring about what other people may think, go about your life and be happy and let them do the same.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
@ PN:

I don't believe it is futile - not with everyone.

That's how we got in this mess to begin with - by ignoring how others feel.

You and I - no hope of an actual discussion - but I don't believe everyone acting like you is actually stuck there forever. Good people can lose sight of their values - I'm one of 'em, and did me no harm at all to admit I didn't have all the info, and allowed myself to be prepared to change my mind in the light of new information.

As you were, I'm sure there's a pic of an exploited woman somewhere that requires your lighthearted, debasing commentary.