Want to know about Canada

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe it's best just split the diffences and settle in Winnipeg- that way you are pretty close to the middle get your cool winters and warm summers, not too much rain, little bit of snow and within a days drive of Chicago.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Maybe it's best just split the diffences and settle in Winnipeg- that way you are pretty close to the middle get your cool winters and warm summers, not too much rain, little bit of snow and within a days drive of Chicago.

Ah yes, Friendly Manitoba. Great place. With none of those bothersome hills and mountains to spoil the view. :lol:

The nice people will take your mind off the flatness. (which might be a bit shocking for someone from NZ) Good suggestion, JLM.

cdarro

Nominee Member
Feb 13, 2010
Alberta
Look, Risus seems sets on discouraging you from settling in Montreal. OK, take his word for it. Lots of big cities more than happy to welcome you here. Do your research and don't rely on BS from people who for whatever reason have a beef against one region of the country or another.

xJOEOCONNORx

Feb 23, 2010
OK. I am getting some information about doing Student Exchange programe for a year in Canada, that should be a good experience and let me know what I want to do!

Also, I dont know if anyone will know the answer to this, but what is the Heavy Metal scene like over there? haha, seems silly asking this question!

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
From what you described weather-wise, you sound like the prairies would be more to your liking. Gotta warn you though: -30 C with a wind can be damned nasty. Also, English is the dominant language in the West. Edmonton and Calgary are both 1 million+ people. Winnipeg and Regina are a smaller. As far as the "metal scene", Edmonton and Calgary are both stops on most major music tours by bands like AC DC, Iron Maiden et al, and both have clubs that are more grassroots and genre specific. Vancouver probably rivals Toronto as the nation's music center though.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sorry if I have put this in the wrong place, but I am just trying to get it done before I go to bed!

Basicaly, I live in New Zealand, Im in my last year of school, Im a 17yr old male, and I want to live in Canada. I want to be a Camera Operator for News, Sports and any other types of Cinematography. I do BMX, and Trials biking.
Can people tell me ALL that I should know about migrating to Canada?
I think that Montreal is the place that I want to be, its cheap (So I read!), multicutural, not too big and looks beutiful!

Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Joe

Move to Vancouver dude.. you're close to the Ocean, Skiing, Parks and rivers, the USA and Mountains.. Lots of wildlife.

Why anyone would want to live anywhere else.. I have no idea..

I'm taking it, that would want to get away from the sheep shaggers, don't go to eastern Canada then.

Vancouver City 2 Time Lapse in 4K Ultra HD - YouTube

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry if I have put this in the wrong place, but I am just trying to get it done before I go to bed!

Basicaly, I live in New Zealand, Im in my last year of school, Im a 17yr old male, and I want to live in Canada. I want to be a Camera Operator for News, Sports and any other types of Cinematography. I do BMX, and Trials biking.
Can people tell me ALL that I should know about migrating to Canada?
I think that Montreal is the place that I want to be, its cheap (So I read!), multicutural, not too big and looks beutiful!

Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Joe

I can't help you with much but I do know one thing.................Montreal is frickin' huge, until a few years ago in fact was Canada's largest city! -:) One other thing, they do have the odd problem with minor (and major) crime!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Fukk'in Tay, he Narco post, I didn't even catch the origianl data Feb 23rd, 2010

That said, Vancouver still rules over the rest of Canada..

Yeah, I missed that myself- easy enough to do. Vancouver rule over the rest of Canada? Nah, Calgary, Edmonton and places in between! Humidity trumps temperature!