Venzuela leads the world against USA

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Venzuela leads the wo

ha ha Nascar at least I know you actually believe what you say.

I 100% disagree that "W" would win a third term unless he stole it. I kindly suggest maybe it is time for you to open your eyes and see the real world. Maybe you lived in America too long and have become brainwashed? 8O

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Unclepercy

And, if you are going to point fingers, it's the index finger. How about pointing it at the new cervical cancer vaccine that was developed in the US? Last week.

Uncle, both my parents were American and I have literally hundreds of American relatives. Hell, when the VietNam war was going on I supported the Americans. But you know, the American public was never told about the millions of civilians killed by bombs in VietNam, Cambodia, and Laos. The American government never told their public how they overthrew the democratically elected governments in Peru and Guatemala. America has a lot to answer for. I will be the first to admit that the U.S. has done some good things, but at what cost?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
#juan said:
Telling the truth is not badmouthing Uncle.

The U.S. have their nose in too many places these days. They had no business in Iraq, and they have no bisiness in Venezuala. The world would be better off if the U.S. found ways to conserve their own energy reserves instead of bullying other countries for theirs.

Juan: The truth as you see it. Not as I see it.

What if I put this quote in this post as a response to your comments:

COULTER: They better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent.

OK, I claim this is the truth. It is spoken by a Canadian pundit, but if I believe her, she speaks the truth. My truth. Probably not yours, though, eh?

Uncle

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Here is the thing tho... if people at this board want to talk about Iraq and bush and the us government, they can. And if it is the will of this board to do so, than that is the way it will be. If your offended move on.

Aunty

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Out of curiosity Uncle,

Do you honestly think what that slimy bimbo says means anything to anyone outside the U.S. I understand the context in which you quote Coulter but you just made my point. "Bully" is the U.S.'s second name.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Venzuela leads the wo

Nascar_James said:
no1important said:
But I think some who voted for him are regretting doing it though, now.

Nope. If President Bush was permitted to run for a third term, I would surely vote for him again. I, like other folks in the US agree with many of his policies.

honestly, NJ.......people like you need treatment.........or need to be contained... :wink: (maybe treatment in the same facility that bush should be in. ) this is not a personal "attack." just a generalization of the sad lot that support the bush/caveman.

one can only hope you is in the minority. ......and that civilization can resume with some EFFECTIVE/ INTELLIGENT & RATIONAL leadership soon.

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
COULTER: They better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent.

Yeah Ann Coulter also claimed that Canada stood side by side with the U.S. in Vietnam.
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/sticksandstones.html

So her opinion means absolutely zero when it comes to Canada - U.S relations.

Yeah, the U.S. could crush us militarily, they could probably beat every other army on earth combined together. The fact is they don't and this adversarial rederict only suits too inflame both sides of the issue.

JZ

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Yeah, the U.S. could crush us militarily, they could probably beat every other army on earth combined together.

ya know.......if Military and WAR is so important to the US.......it is a very sad state of world affairs. Hi tech weapons do not change the basic barbarism of war and military focus. Imagine this........even if the US were to beat every nation into a submissive role to them......they would still NOT be happy. Their lust/obsession for aggression/war/power /and killing is insatiable.....humanity be damned. :( It has lost its own checks and balances. Part of the problem of being a "want more" society.

rogue nation??? fits the profile.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Venzuela leads the world against USA

JomZ said:
A nation that was born by the sword, will in itself die by this sword.

It is the inherent nature of civilization and humanity.

a truism. :thumbleft:

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
The developing British Empire’s control of their American colonies was destroyed by an indigenous insurgency against its unjust rule.

While their freedom was being won on the battlefield, America was cobbled together by pragmatic intellectuals from the historical precedent of Greece, competing Eighteenth Century theories of enlightenment, the regulations of the Six Nations Indian Confederacy, and by reworking the traditional English justice system with which they were familiar, to continue its strengths and correct its faults.

Unfortunately, America’s penchant for firearms has buried its intellectual antecedents beneath a facade of equality. Instead of a few score intellectuals who shaped the country, that credit is reserved for their glorious freedom fighters.

If the freedom fighter were the key, other rebellions would have succeeded — France in 1789 and Russia in 1917 — but they didn’t.

It was a failure by the intellectuals to maintain control of the new regime, and of their own ambitions.

This is the history lesson which Americans had better soon learn.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
US regime plans to invade Venezuela for oil

*** The US regime is planning to invade Venezuela to install a new government, or stage a coup to take control of the nation's vast oil reserves, according to intelligence seen by the Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez. ***

US planning invasion, says Chavez

Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, says he is in possession of intelligence showing that the United States plans to invade his country.

In a BBC interview, Mr Chavez said the US was after his nation's oil, much as it had been after Iraq's.

But he stressed that any invasion would never be allowed to happen.

Mr Chavez has long accused Washington of being behind what he describes as a coup - claims the United States denies.

An attempt to unseat him three years ago was aborted.

The Venezuelan president was interviewed by the BBC's Robin Lustig in Paris, while on an official visit to France.

Asked why he thought the US was trying to invade Venezuela, Mr Chavez said: "We have denounced intentions.

"A coup happened in Venezuela that was prepared by the US. What do they want? Our oil, as they did in Iraq.

"We have detected with intelligence reports plans of a supposed invasion, one that would never happen. But we have to denounce it," Mr Chavez said.

Recently a US TV evangelist, Pat Robertson, called for his assassination. Mr Chavez said this would be "cheaper than invading Venezuela".

Mr Robertson's remarks were described by the US State Department as "inappropriate", and Mr Robertson later apologised for them.

'No threat'

Mr Chavez went on to describe the US as a terrorist government.

"It is an imperialist government, one that says it fights against terrorism but protects it. The US throws stones to Latin America.

"But apart from that, Venezuela is the world's fifth oil exporter, and we send a million and a half barrels to the US every day," he added.

"We sell oil to people. Another thing is our political differences that I wish could be toned down."

He also denied claims that Venezuela was a threat to the international community, saying that his country wanted open relations with the whole world - a multi-polar world - but "with respect".

"George W Bush should not have any reason to fear. If he does it is because he has a dark ghost in his subconscious," he said.
:?: :?: :?:

Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of the bush cabal. :evil:

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
US regime plans to invade Venezuela for oil

*** The US regime is planning to invade Venezuela to install a new government, or stage a coup to take control of the nation's vast oil reserves, according to intelligence seen by the Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez. ***

Answer - Intelligence services work up scenerios such as this constantly. Some are acted upon, others become urban legends. I don't doubt that Chavez is privy to this information. And it could very well happen (though I hope not in mid-November as I get a chance to go down to Angel Falls).

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Ocean Breeze said:
. . . "George W Bush should not have any reason to fear. If he does it is because he has a dark ghost in his subconscious,". . .
:?: :?: :?:

Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of the bush cabal.. . .
Maybe Chavez got a peek at Bush's MRI scan.

Yah think?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: Venzuela citizens training for USA invasion

Oh ya, it is real

the USA will invade the big V.
When? - is the big Q.

"We are preparing for the invasion," said Lt. Octavio Serrano, who commands Mrs. Moron's reserve unit. "They could infiltrate the CIA [into Venezuela] ... or it could be directly and militarily, like they invaded Iraq."

Mrs. Moron's unit, which has more than 2,000 volunteers, was one of many created in April after President Hugo Chavez announced a plan to increase Venezuela's military reserves from 50,000 to 2 million.

Mr. Chavez repeatedly has accused Washington of trying to overthrow his government, and even attempting to assassinate him.

The U.S. administration has denied the charges, but conservative Christian broadcaster the Rev. Pat Robertson inflamed the situation some weeks ago when he said the United States should assassinate Mr. Chavez because "it's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
If I was certain the Hugo Chavez had sufficient command of idiomatic English, I would believe that he as having us on.

While accusing America of planning an invasion, he must, of necessity, also announce the readying of Venezuelan forces.

No one, not even Chavez, expects to win in a face-to-face confrontation with American firepower, but like Iraq with the Americans and Afghanistan with the Russians, he can deny them the comfort of their spoils.

Chavez will first try opposition in the court of public opinion. It did not help Saddam, but this is Chavez, and perhaps the America public will refuse to go to that well a second time.

Next, Chavez must try alliance with some country, like China, whose backing (either overtly of covertly) would spoil the American game, although it might also tie Chavez’s hands to stop the institution of all the reforms he was trying to put in place.

Finally, there is War.

After losing the initial battle, if Chavez permits his soldiers to be lost in such a foolish gesture, both Chavez and his people will need to draw upon the long South American history of fighting a jungle resistance. America will have entered into another quagmire engagement, and it could be a long time before any party profits.

So, that is why I wonder if Chavez has a sufficiently idiomatic understanding of the English language to set up such a cheeky story, or whether circumstances have conspired to created it for him.

You see, I can’t help but notice that if it comes to war, the American soldiers sent to into Venezuela by George Washington Bush will eventually come into contact with a Venezuelan reserve led by a 44-year-old mother of six, who just happens to be named Mrs. Moron.