US To Give Military Aid To Syrian Rebels

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I thought of that. Keeping the nutbars at each others' throats beats the heck out of having them coming here.

But I kinda doubt it. The administration isn't that clever.

Deliberately prolonging a conflict is not smart. Such a course is fraught with unpredictability, has a history of causing unintended consequences, not to mention that it's evil.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This affair has the potential to get really ugly really fast. The last thing we need is another proxy war wasting lives for nothing more than ego.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Let them settle it on their own. Syria is so devastated anyways it will take them at least a decade to clean up the mess.

But it looks like we are going to support Al Queda regardless what I think.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Israel doesn't. This isn't about Muzzie on Muzzie, it's all about Trillions and Trillions of $$$ and nothing more.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
This is not a left/right issue its about the economy and war is always good for the economy.
Bush wasn't left he was on the right, and Obama in Canada would not be considered on the
left, we would call him a red Tory if anything.
Yes the weapons will fall into the hands of people we don't want them having. The reason?
The rebels are the terrorists backed by Iran. The rebels don't want a secular Syria they want
a Muslim State. Turkey is where pro western rebels are in the streets protesting to get rid of
an Islamist regime.
Syria has a nasty bugger in charge, but then the people who will take charge are far worse
than the present government and we want to give them weapons. I don't care whether Obama
is a Democrat or Republican, to give these people weapons to create more problems for the
West is not good policy. North Africa, and Egypt are prime examples of things gone wrong.
Iraq huge mistake it was not required to go into Iraq. Afghanistan, that is a different matter
that was a world response problem, citizens from around the globe were killed that day and
the government of the day supported terrorism a response was required there.

I assume you are aware that the United States is in the process of being defeated by people who are tired of Western imperialism. The only way for America to avoid Blowback is to come home and abandon its foreign empire. That means the rest of the West is on its own...with Canada being the only exception.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Somebody is making money selling arms.. :lol:

Just keep'em flowing.
Sure, then the Trillions will flow afterward and nobody but those involved will benefit. What will happen when you get in the way of trillions of dollars? Will the rest of the world say"**** him" he's just a honky from AB.?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
US troops are already at the Syrian border with Jordan. About 300 members of Patriot Missile batteries. They are the first of many. What could go wrong?

Most Americans don't seem aware that Obama is launching a new war in their names. Most livestock aren't aware of that either.

Here's the view of a former Indian diplomat who frequently writes for Asia Times:

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think anyone knows yet what and who the rebels are. I still think it is a mistake to get involved in a religious civil war.

Its more than just two sides. Its not just the Assad regime against "the rebels." Its not all about religion either though naturally it plays a big role. Assad and his father's governments were pretty secular compared to most in the region. Hopefully whichever group the US is aiding isnt one of the groups that wants to install another theocracy. If whichever group they are helping looses and another faction takes over Im sure they will remember this. It may be better to sit back and watch.

I assume you are aware that the United States is in the process of being defeated by people who are tired of Western imperialism. The only way for America to avoid Blowback is to come home and abandon its foreign empire. That means the rest of the West is on its own...with Canada being the only exception.

That would be nice to see. The other western empires either abandoned or were forced out of their colonies awhile ago.

I support ASSAD, who the hell want's another country with the Muslim Brotherhood running it.

They should have left Hosni Mubarak in charge of Egypt.

Better the devil you know (than the devil you don't).

Unless you and your family have to live under one of those devils. If the choices are supporting a tyrannical dictator or religious extremists who will put in their own form of dictatorship - then support neither.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Its more than just two sides. Its not just the Assad regime against "the rebels." Its not all about religion either though naturally it plays a big role. Assad and his father's governments were pretty secular compared to most in the region.
Under Assad, the Christians were safe. under al Qaeda, they're dead meat.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Obama is increasingly isolated from world opinion which opposes his adventure in Syria. UN Secty. Ban Ki-moon doesn't believe Obama has proven that the Syrian govt. has used chemical weapons:

"U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, however, voiced opposition to the U.S. decision to send arms to the Syrian rebels. He said no one can be certain chemical weapons were used without an on-the-ground investigation. Increasing the flow of arms to either side "would not be helpful," he said."

Reaction Cool To US Arms Plan For Syrian Rebels : NPR

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I knew I was avoiding this thread for a reason. I just kept bypassing it and dancing around it. But it finally ensnared me and yup, all the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck, and it leaves me feeling numb.

Bet if it was like in the old days were the king was riding right along side the troops there would be a whole lot less war. Here Sir, have a gander at the guy beside you getting his head blown off.

We just keep everything so clean and sterile. We remove the reality of the human being in every messy situation and we tally forth from the comfort of our lives.