Update on Micheal Jackson

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Johnny Cash stood at a mic and sang the simplest bloody songs imaginable. A well trained monkey could do what he did.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Johnny Cash stood at a mic and sang the simplest bloody songs imaginable. A well trained monkey could do what he did.

you know, it's like trying compare apples to oranges, just different music, I'm
not a country music fan, but I do appreciate all the songs johnny cash 'wrote',
that was his real gift.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
that was his real gift.

Finally something I can agree with..

How could you compare one to the other..

Each had his own generation and time and era. Both had his music category that were not even comparable.

I liked both, have albums of both and cannot compare either to the other..

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Finally something I can agree with..

How could you compare one to the other..

Each had his own generation and time and era. Both had his music category that were not even comparable.

I liked both, have albums of both and cannot compare either to the other..

That's absolutely right, yes, cash's songs were very simple, but, just sit down
and try writing them from scratch, then put a very individual type of music
and voice with them, something special comes from that.
Neil Young is another one who is similar, great songwriter, scratchy voice,
but the passion is there for the songs.
Old Hank Williams was another one, wrote some of the greatest songs way
back when, both country, then some went pop, scratchy voice, but he put
the feeling and heart into those songs, others sang them very well, but he
had the heart, they were his words.
I guess Michael Jackson had lots of talent, but he didn't appeal to me, ever,
or maybe when they were kids I kind of like them.
Did he ever 'write' a song, I don't know.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I guess Michael Jackson had lots of talent, but he didn't appeal to me, ever,
or maybe when they were kids I kind of like them.
Did he ever 'write' a song, I don't know.

You need not like him to accept his talent..

See this list of songs written by Michael including some of his biggest blockbusters..

All Michael Jackson - Billie Jean Lyrics

All Michael Jackson - Thriller Lyrics

ALL Michael Jackson - Shes Out Of My Life Lyrics

All Michael Jackson - Bad Lyrics

And All of the rest of the list..

Michael Jackson Song Lyrics of All Album Tracks

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
He had some weird stuff going on in his life but he had talent. I actually think he led a sad life.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I have a feeling the doctor will be charged for Jackson’s death and if he isn’t he should be.

I was listening to the news yesterday and they reported that the doctor gave Michael an injection of a painkiller an hour before he died.

I hope they charge the doctor because in America doctors are ignoring their Hippocratic oath just because they get paid more because they treat high profile people.

I watched a Rev. Jesse Jackson interview and he stated that the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and was told that he was fit to do the 50-concert tour.

If Jackson had a doctor that did not cave to his patient’s demands then Michael Jackson would still be alive today.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
"the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and was told that he was fit to do the 50-concert tour." I have read this in several articles and I find it very hard to believe Michael was fit enough to do 5 concerts, let alone 50

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

A lot of times "simple" is the best. But I doubt if you were around in 1956, we never had "well trained monkeys" then, they didn't show up until the late 60s, and they were all obsessed with "doing their own thing".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have a feeling the doctor will be charged for Jackson’s death and if he isn’t he should be.

I was listening to the news yesterday and they reported that the doctor gave Michael an injection of a painkiller an hour before he died.

I hope they charge the doctor because in America doctors are ignoring their Hippocratic oath just because they get paid more because they treat high profile people.

I watched a Rev. Jesse Jackson interview and he stated that the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and was told that he was fit to do the 50-concert tour.

If Jackson had a doctor that did not cave to his patient’s demands then Michael Jackson would still be alive today.

Yep, that doctor sounds like a flake to me.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A lot of times "simple" is the best. But I doubt if you were around in 1956, we never had "well trained monkeys" then, they didn't show up until the late 60s, and they were all obsessed with "doing their own thing".

...and it was popular in the music industry to record standards over and over and over again. The only "well trained Monkees" I recall were the first of many industry pitches....

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
...and it was popular in the music industry to record standards over and over and over again. The only "well trained Monkees" I recall were the first of many industry pitches....

Looking back, its hard to believe that Hendrix opened for the Monkees....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
that was his real gift.
It sure is apples and oranges. What Cash did is completely different from what MJ did. There are a lot of great songwriters. Merle Haggard is probably the best songwriter of them all, but I don't think he'll get his 2 weeks of CNN when he passes either. MJ did a lot of of different elements in and around the music that changed it and moved the bar for the industry and next generation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
that was his real gift.

Me too, but oddly some of my favourites of his weren't his big hits, I think my favour of Johnny's is "I still Miss Someone", followed by "The Ballad of Ira Hayes", but "I walk the line has to be right up there" just for the rhythm. "A boy named Sue" was a little stupid, but at the top of the charts for that whole summer of '69.