“Unpardonable sin”

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
Indeed, I'd like to read it myself;-)

Seeing but not being able to see, hearing but not being able to hear!

Eze 12:2 Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

Jesus is here now in our midst, can we see Him?

Peace>>>AJ:love9:

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
There's no logic here!!

Why should anyone read the bible and pray when all hs been forgiven and there's no hell anyway?

Ahhhhhhhhh you now hit the nail on the head of the problem.

Why suppose the church fathers brought out the idea of heaven and hell? Because they feared people would not turn to God unless hell was a place they feared to go, more than they would honor God with their love.

Honoring God with your love would be something generated from within you rather than from something outside causing you to fear and say, you love God;when in reality your heart is not in it.

That is the difference.

Ask Sanctus if you would go to hell if you, say you committed a mortal sin?

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Ahhhhhhhhh you now hit the nail on the head of the problem.

Why suppose the church fathers brought out the idea of heaven and hell? Because they feared people would not turn to God unless hell was a place they feared to go, more than they would honor God with their love.

Honoring God with your love would be something generated from within you rather than from something outside causing you to fear and say, you love God;when in reality your heart is not in it.

That is the difference.

Ask Sanctus if you would go to hell if you, say you committed a mortal sin?

That's sad. I think we should be honouring each other as people instead. If we lived by the "Golden Rule", for the sake of "this is how I would like to be treated" as opposed to "I don't wanna burn in hell"...that would be something to honour! I don't think we should scared into believing or honouring or worshiping...it should be done with nothing but love.
I read somewhere..."Where fear exists...love can not".

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
That's sad. I think we should be honouring each other as people instead. If we lived by the "Golden Rule", for the sake of "this is how I would like to be treated" as opposed to "I don't wanna burn in hell"...that would be something to honour! I don't think we should scared into believing or honouring or worshiping...it should be done with nothing but love.
I read somewhere..."Where fear exists...love can not".

The golden rule, of course is God's rule born out of love. The ultimate desire of God that we grow in grace in the midst of our trials.
By nature we are instilled with the desires to please the flesh and enjoy the plenty that this earth can give.
Those are the conditions that we have to overcome in order to produce good fruit.

That is why we have such tribulations in life, and fighting amongst ourselves helps not.

Human nature needs God period, in order to grow and produce good fruit.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
The golden rule, of course is God's rule born out of love. The ultimate desire of God that we grow in grace in the midst of our trials.
By nature we are instilled with the desires to please the flesh and enjoy the plenty that this earth can give.
Those are the conditions that we have to overcome in order to produce good fruit.

That is why we have such tribulations in life, and fighting amongst ourselves helps not.

Human nature needs God period, in order to grow and produce good fruit.

"And fighting amongst ourselves helps not"???
Thanks Yoda!:roll:

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
Moral support by converging people into a religion through preaching. K. I'm religious free. I do believe in something and that is some sort of power that is whole, perfect and all-knowing exists. Go freedom!

Yes, strength is in numbers such as like a rock of charcoal being with many giving off allot of heat.

Now I have to ask, religious free meaning? I know you mean freedom from religion, but why if you still believe in an all-knowing?
Just curious in knowing how you have arrived at that conclusion.

peace>>>AJ:love9:

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
Yeah...if we're talking about "god" pardoning a "sinner", I also thought that as long as they accepted Jesus in their heart and all that, that they would be "forgiven" and pardoned.

Josephine:

The official Catholic Church stance on this is that there is no sin too great to be forgiven provided one sincerely repents of it. Christ was speaking of those who are so obstinant and hardened of soul they feel utterly no remorse and therefore no call to Penance.

Generally, this attitude results in a determined resistance to the grace that the Holy Spirit is attempting to impart on this individual. It is a soul saving grace that he requires like one would require an antidote for a snake bite. This is why some refer to this sin has an unforgivable sin, in that the saving cord is severed by the person altogeather. But even this in God's mercy can be forgiven.

Radio Replies,Vol I

A850." .....Thus the Pharisees who saw the miracles of Christ could not deny them to be miracles; yet rather than yield to the grace being offered them, they said that Christ wrought them with the help of the devil, and not by God. A man who rejects the very means God adopts to convert him is little likely to make good use of other graces offered by God, and our Lord warns us very strongly to beware of sinning against the light, since it seldom ends in repentance."

The last part of that paragraph makes sense logically as well. Having severed all friendship to this point in his obstinance, his soul finds itself seemingly stranded, and it would appear to it there is no hope. Any glimmer of uncertainty that would show it the way would be very faint at this point. He could be experiencing temporal success, have excessive wealth and still the person not realize the peril he is in. The answer is to remain receptive and vigilant at all times.

AndyF

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
Oh look Josephine, you've uncovered the big lie. This is the premis 'religion' is based on. Because of Jesus we don't need religion as he died for our sins, we're all in the clear. Thanks Jesus.

Guys, you may think your making fun of me, but that's not the case. In fact you are actually making fun of God!

The attitude displayed concerning the one who took the rap for you and me is disheartening.
Eze 23:32 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.

Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

It has been determined that Jesus' heart burst from the stress of heartbreak.

Hence the broken heart I display at my signature?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Let me rephrase that: It doesn't help when we fight amongst ourselves.

Divisions are because of lack of understanding.

No, division exists because people like you refuse to follow what Christ has taught us. Instead, you worship the "self", or if you prefer, AJ. God, however, is not in your lexicon of beliefs. People like you want God to accomodate Himself to your personal opinions instead of conforming yourself in Christ to God.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The unpardonable sin is that Christians replaced God with Jesus.

God sent his son Jesus to tell the world that he is the son of God.

God lives

The foolish Christians felt that since the son of God died on the cross that Jesus at that point replaced God and Jesus became their God.

The Christians do good work administering to the sick, helping the poor and doing good works but the Christians are praying to the wrong God that is why they are suffering.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
No, division exists because people like you refuse to follow what Christ has taught us. Instead, you worship the "self", or if you prefer, AJ. God, however, is not in your lexicon of beliefs. People like you want God to accommodate Himself to your personal opinions instead of conforming yourself in Christ to God>>>Sanctus

First of all Sanctus, this verse applies to you: 1Ti 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

The yoke you are under is the organization that dictates what you need to believe and how. Therefore, you are bound by its traditions, practices and beliefs.

If that is what you desire to do, that is good, because you have a standard by which you can judge all else, of which you constantly judge me by.
I don’t fit the mold of your beliefs; therefore you “MUST” reject me and my beliefs according to the letter. (Letter meaning the laws of the church)

Here then is my stand on this verse: Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Yoke of bondage is the yoke of the letter, which by the letter determines the attitude one has towards the unbelievers, and by which judgment is pronounced as condemnation.

I am set free from any yoke except that which Christ gives me. And His yoke is light: Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In this yoke of Jesus I am instructed to love God with all my heart, mind and soul, and the to love my neighbor as my self.

If, I love God with my heart, mind and soul, do you suppose I can be bound by any earthly rule? Who is my teacher; Mankind? Who is my Lord and my God, Jesus?

If I have that love for Him, will I not love my neighbor? Who is my neighbor? My brothers and sisters; who are they; The religious folk? Did Christ pay the price for the religious only?
Did He not say He came to save that which was lost? If the religious folk were safe, why die for the lost?

Why would Jesus want to put a heavy yoke on His disciples of which no one could bear?

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

What kind of a burden (Yoke) did the laws place on the Jewish nation? And Christ wanted to set them free? Why?

This is what Christ said: Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

I have found rest for my soul in Jesus, and live my life according to His yoke which I choose to take upon myself.
In so doing, I have no set rules, no laws other than love, and I judge no one’s soul.
I can love and respect you, a Catholic, an atheist, a Muslims and many others, for I have no letter of laws by which to judge by. Love is the only law and that law is a spiritual law.
So based on that is how I relate.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
According to Nathaniel Hawthorne, there is only one unpardonable sin: when you isolate yourself from the Brethren that constitute your community.

OK! That their yoke upon their members. They have to live with that.
The yoke of Jesus is light and easy, and under no bondage to any one.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
The unpardonable sin is that Christians replaced God with Jesus.>>> Liberalman
If I quoted you this verse: Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Would you say that was Jesus it is speaking about? Lord which was, which is, and is to come?
Surely it wouldn’t be God, because God has never showed Himself in the flesh, right?

So, does that mean then that Jesus qualifies as God, since He says He was, is and is to come? That He is the Alpha and the Omega of which is in Gods place to say?

God sent his son Jesus to tell the world that he is the son of God.>>>Liberalman
God sent His son as a second Adam to bring life rather than death.

The foolish Christians felt that since the son of God died on the cross that Jesus at that point replaced God and Jesus became their God.>>> Liberalman

Jesus is God reconciling the world back to Himself as the second Adam.

The Christians do good work administering to the sick, helping the poor and doing good works but the Christians are praying to the wrong God that is why they are suffering. >>>Liberalman
God dwells in the hearts of mankind, there is where His temple lies. If He is there, then goodness flows out of that heart, if He is not there, then the works done are death works. (Of no value)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Holy look3467, the horse said 'uncle'. Of course not to be all negative, I can complement you on your consistancy. The horse is not getting up though.;-)