UN, Israel & Anti-Semitism

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I am not a Democrat. What gave you the impression I belong to that party?

No, the Dems will not remove support for Israel because Howard Dean and Joseph Lieberman are both ardent supporters of that government.
You happiness that they will soon rule the White House for starters.

But thanx for finally answering a question. I'm actually surprised.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
What makes you think they will rule the White House?

True, they will now control Congress but that the WH is another story. First, Dems will need Independent voters and, so far, have done nothing to enlist them (to their credit, they did enlist moderate Republicans -- but if the GOP puts a moderate Republican on the ballot in November 2008 the Dems will lose their support).

In this election we did not have Dems vs Dems like we do in general elections. The funny thing is (actually, not so funny) is that they tear themselves up more than the GOP does. This is why they screwed up the 2000 and 2004 elections. Don't be too surprised if they do so again in 2008.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What makes you think they will rule the White House?

True, they will now control Congress but that the WH is another story. First, Dems will need Independent voters and, so far, have done nothing to enlist them (to their credit, they did enlist moderate Republicans -- but if the GOP puts a moderate Republican on the ballot in November 2008 the Dems will lose their support).

In this election we did not have Dems vs Dems like we do in general elections. The funny thing is (actually, not so funny) is that they tear themselves up more than the GOP does. This is why they screwed up the 2000 and 2004 elections. Don't be too surprised if they do so again in 2008.
Come on gopher, I'm not even American and I see the disadent writing on the wall. People tend to paint all members of groups with the same brush(look at your Islamic hate thread). Just because Bush can not run, what makes you think that the Republicans will play out or sipn out from under the rock Bush put them under?

Because lets face it, he's pulled some serious shyte that the people of America, are likely going to pay for, for quite some time.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...Do I beleive they pander to inteterst groups in an effort to deflect for the error they see may have been committed when Israel was created? Yes.

yeah

well

at least they've got a sandbox to play in so they don't have to hurl serfs at each other quite so often.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Because lets face it, he's pulled some serious shyte that the people of America, are likely going to pay for, for quite some time.

Nobody knows better than I do how Bushwhacky and his 'elk' have screwed up the USA. But they have done so in the name of the Bible and continue to use it as a selling point. Anything and everything is permissible to a great many Yanks so long as it is done in the name of that book.

Nowhere in the New Testament is it taught that you can kill, pillage, and decimate humanity in the name of Jesus. But somehow it has become a part of the USA culture to believe that it is OK to do these stupid things as long as it has the blessings of a Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, or some other self proclaimed messianic crank.

Yes, you are correct when you say the Republicans took quite a beating in this election. But you fail to note that it is the right wing extremist elements in that well financed party that took this blow. The moderates and the mainstream Republicans are now in the process of reemerging into the party's forefront. Note how Rudy Giuliani and John McCain were the first ones to announce their candidacies for the party's prez nomination. Both are noted for their political moderation though both are not without considerable controversy which may likely hurt their chances of getting nominated.

Yes, we are going to pay for quite some time for all the sh*t Republicans have done. But don't underestimate the naivety of the USA public - especially from the South and Midwest many of whom still believe Bush is the closest thing to God. Remember that much of the news media is still controlled by right wing extremist elements who still say that enemies are in every street corner and under every bed. Remember also that the Republicans have enormous amounts of money and they can buy votes, contrive to fix elections, fabricate 'proofs' of sinister duplicity on the part of their opponents, and worse. And, most unfortunate of all, is the natural xenophobia and paranoia that exists among Americans who believe that might is right and that all else is unAmerican, unpatriotic, unGodly, and seeking to destroy the fabric of Yankee wholesomeness that is the mighty work of God's Divine Hands.

So don't be too surprised if Bushwhacky Republicans "win" again in 2008.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You know gopher, I hate to dissagree with you when we're getting along, but Bush did not do one damn thing in the name of God. Please stop focussing on one stupid off hand remark, and his ridiculous crusades commentary.

He does not worship God, those comments were made to pander to his Evangelical roots and those Evangalists that put him in office.

But I can asure you, he worships nothing but money, and his son power.

Not one action by Bush was for anything other then making his friends wealthier and his back pocket fatter.

As a lil tid bit of info, the Old Testament, was brutal.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Actually I think Bush is sincere. More's the pity. Nobody can spew that "good will triumph over evil" nonsense he's been on about lately with a straight face if they don't really believe it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Actually I think Bush is sincere. More's the pity. Nobody can spew that "good will triumph over evil" nonsense he's been on about lately with a straight face if they don't really believe it.

I think he is sincere as well. And it is slightly scary...........the problem with those who come to see themselves as chosen by God is that they come to see everything they do as being God's will, and thus unassailable.

I think Mr. Bush just got a wake-up call, I hope he heeds it well.

jariax

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2006
CDN Bear

"Look at what is not addressed, the Hezbollah has not been disbanded or dissarmed. So why is it that Israel is continuously hounded, and they are not."

Hezbollah will disarm and be disbanded just as soon as the other terrorist organization - the IDF is disbanded and disarmed.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I think Mr. Bush just got a wake-up call, I hope he heeds it well.

Bush is a lame duck and his handlers thrive on disaster. This only gives them an extra edge. Its a long game.

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
You know gopher, I hate to dissagree with you when we're getting along, but Bush did not do one damn thing in the name of God. Please stop focussing on one stupid off hand remark, and his ridiculous crusades commentary.

No Bear, it's you who is wrong.

Bush has always made it a matter of publicly displaying his professed religious outlook and how he is always inspired by God to do whatever the hell he pleases. There are enough links in the internet(s) which show him bowing his head in divine prayer and supplication. True, he does not go to church on a regular basis but he does so when the cameras are rolling. There is no doubt that he does this like Richard III did whe he asked the clergy to support him in his quest for the royal seat. I fully realize he is a Pharisee who is religious in outward appearance only. It is a public display of piety but nothing more.

Still whether you choose to believe it or not, Bush "justifies" himself publicly with these outwards displays, phony though they all are.