U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You haven't got a clue what I am...
True, I have several.

You two have been bashing away at whatever you perceived I was trying to say, and I'm tired of defending myself from your baseless attacks...
Correction, we've been bashing away at what you said. And you, for what and how you said it. I'm not surprised you can't understand that.

I've stated several times in this thread that if he is found to be not guilty of his crimes due to mental illness, then that is what it is, and I accept that...all I was trying to show, was that he has not been diagnosed as such, and so no one knows which way this case will lead...and if his lawyers are unable to prove he is mentally unfit to stand trial, then he should be locked up...for ****ing ever!
Let's not forget this...

Agreed...but she's been in a position to diagnose PTSD in combat veterans, and I think she probably knows a hell of a lot more about it than you or I...so I think I'll accept her opinion over yours if you don't mind...

And that's just one, lol.

Your dishonesty, is record setting.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
You didn't post a link to an article that claimed PTSD does not include breaks from reality?

Ok, I'm getting really annoyed with your feigned stupidity...you're obviously better than that...

The article I posted did not claim any such thing...it showed the symptoms of PTSD and none of them were psychosis...and the manifestation of PTSD symptoms does not include gunning down families...

Then say that you believed the article, or Doctor in question, over Goob's and I?

Of course I would...why the hell would I trust anything you two had to say...

Your dishonesty, is record setting.

Ok, I'm done with you...not because I concede anything but that you are an idiot...

CDNBear PWNED

:roll:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm curious how the killer in toulouse is called a serial killer for killing 7 and this guy kills 16 without the label. Interesting.

oh yes, and this guy get's his defense handed to him by having his sanity immediately questioned while the guy in France is immediately labeled a terrorist which means he can't use insanity as a defense.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ok, I'm getting really annoyed with your feigned stupidity...you're obviously better than that...
You're getting annoyed by something you made up?

The article I posted did not claim any such thing...it showed the symptoms of PTSD and none of them were psychosis...and the manifestation of PTSD symptoms does not include gunning down families...
LOL, you're babbling.

Here, lets refresh your memory...

There we see that neither PTSD nor Traumatic Brain Injury include psychosis as a symptom.

PTSD and Psychotic Symptoms - Relationship between PTSD and Psychotic Symptoms

The researchers also found evidence that the more PTSD symptoms a person was experiencing, the greater the likelihood that they would also experience positive psychotic symptoms.

To take their study a step further, the researchers also looked at what traumatic events were most commonly related to the experience of psychotic symptoms. They found the following to be most strongly connected:
•Being involved in a fire, flood, or natural disaster

•Seeing someone get seriously injured or killed

•Experiencing tremendous shock as a result of a traumatic event that happened to a close relative, friend, or significant other

What This All Means

The experience of psychotic symptoms may tell the story of just how severe a person's case of PTSD is and how well he or she is coping with the condition. It may also raise red flags about the likelihood of potentially dangerous behaviors.

Current Psychiatry Reports, Volume 5, Number 3 - SpringerLink

Traumatic brain injury (TBI) can result in serious and disabling neuropsychiatric disorders, such as cognitive deficits and personality change, as well as severe and chronic psychosis. This review focuses on the relationship between TBI and schizophrenia-like psychosis (SLP) including its epidemiology, diagnostic criteria, clinical presentation, psychopathology, risk factors, and pathophysiology. The relationships between post-traumatic epilepsy and SLP, and brain trauma and schizophrenia, are also discussed. The risk of SLP does increase after TBI. The clinical presentation has considerable overlap with primary schizophrenic disorder, with a prominence of persecutory and other delusions and auditory hallucinations, as well as a lack of negative symptoms. The onset is often gradual, with a subacute or chronic course. More severe and diffuse brain injury, especially of the temporal and frontal lobes, is the most prominent risk factor. Genetic load may also play a role, but presence of epilepsy could be a protective factor. Further large and systematic longitudinal studies are needed.

Vanni Fucci PWND!

Of course I would...why the hell would I trust anything you two had to say...
I didn't say it, I posted a link to a site, that supports it's information with links to clinical data.

Ok, I'm done with you...not because I concede anything but that you are an idiot...
Says the babbling boob, that doesn't know what he's said.

CDNBear PWNED :roll:
Apparently you seem to be suffering from a break from reality.

I'm curious how the killer in toulouse is called a serial killer for killing 7 and this guy kills 16 without the label. Interesting.

oh yes, and this guy get's his defense handed to him by having his sanity immediately questioned while the guy in France is immediately labeled a terrorist which means he can't use insanity as a defense.

Take it up with the media.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Oh yeah Gerry... we're all rolling out the red carpet for this soldier.

He's in Leavenworth brainstorm. That's where he'll be forever.

Hey 7 ain't so bad right Gerry? At least it isn't 16 and he's not a Yank right? Why don't you start a fund for the guy in France.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh yeah Gerry... we're all rolling out the red carpet for this soldier.

He's in Leavenworth brainstorm. That's where he'll be forever.

Hey 7 ain't so bad right Gerry? At least it isn't 16 and he's not a Yank right? Why don't you start a fund for the guy in France.

and I would do that because...................................... unlike you, I don't try and justify a criminals actions. He killed 7 people, he goes away forever. The yank...we'll see what he actually gets. You guys are famous for slapping your boys wrists for killing.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
and I would do that because...................................... unlike you, I don't try and justify a criminals actions. He killed 7 people, he goes away forever. The yank...we'll see what he actually gets. You guys are famous for slapping your boys wrists for killing.

Your statement Buckey - Seems inconsistent to say the least.

+1#399Re: U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians4 days ago Quote: Originally Posted by Goober
On other threads he referred to the Taliban turning OBL over to another agreed upon country - Also the US was to present evidence to the Taliban of OBLs involvement.

Well....in this instance I would say prove his inconsistency....cause I haven't seen it when it comes to the Taliban, obl, and the u.s.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober
Are you implying linkage as they served in the same unit -

God damn you really are an idiot..... he supplied evidence of a similar happening showing that those responsible were not just slapped on the wrist.....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Oh yeah? How so? You're so full of it.

Read and weep hypocrite...

Ottawa Notebook - The Globe and Mail

Two unarmed Afghans killed by NATO troops | CTV News

Canadian troops kill unarmed Afghan civilian - World - CBC News

And yeah... this guy will be going away for life and show me where I am justifying this murderer. Show me.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

And you are claim to be a pacifist yet threaten to beat the crapola out of people. 1 punch or push can kill.

Or are you a selective violent Pacifist - You being and have the sole right to select when and why you will use violence.

pac·i·fism (ps-fzm)
n.
1. The belief that disputes between nations should and can be settled peacefully.
a. Opposition to war or violence as a means of resolving disputes.

b. Such opposition demonstrated by refusal to participate in military action

Pacifism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pacifism covers a spectrum of views, including the belief that international disputes can and should be peacefully resolved, calls for the abolition of the institutions of the military and war, opposition to any organization of society through governmental force (anarchist or libertarian pacifism), rejection of the use of physical violence to obtain political, economic or social goals, the obliteration of force except in cases where it is absolutely necessary to advance the cause of peace, and opposition to violence under any circumstance, even defense of self and others. Historians of pacifism Peter Brock and Thomas Paul Socknat define pacifism "in the sense generally accepted in English-speaking areas" as "an unconditional rejection of all forms of warfare".[2] Philosopher Jenny Teichman defines the main form of pacifism as "anti-warism", the rejection of all forms of warfare.[3] Teichman's beliefs have been summarized by Brian Orend as "...A pacifist rejects war and believes there are no moral grounds which can justify resorting to war. War, for the pacifist, is always wrong." The whole theory is based on the idea that the end does NOT justify the means.[4]

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
This story is already old news. This killer will be free within 2 years. At which point I'll revive this thread if it still exists.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Is the purpose of this forum to post other people's opinions?

I thought the point of a debate was to have an opinion of your own, express and defend it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Is the purpose of this forum to post other people's opinions?

I thought the point of a debate was to have an opinion of your own, express and defend it.

No no no.... the warmongers will only accept an opinion that supports killing.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
No no no.... the warmongers will only accept an opinion that supports killing.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if its not their own opinion, but an opinion they got from cable news or various right wing shock jocks. The gullible would support peace, if these sources supported peace. But peace doesn't boost the ratings of infotainment and shockjock programs. These sources promote fear, hate and anger. They do not support rational thought or debate, love or tolerance.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This story is already old news. This killer will be free within 2 years. At which point I'll revive this thread if it still exists.

To which I would guess you are hoping for his release. I'd bet on it. You would want justice denied, wars to start just so you can wallow in the pain and death of others.

That is why you are a warmonger. You feed off the pain in your own special way.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if its not their own opinion, but an opinion they got from cable news or various right wing shock jocks. The gullible would support peace, if these sources supported peace. But peace doesn't boost the ratings of infotainment and shockjock programs. These sources promote fear, hate and anger. They do not support rational thought or debate, love or tolerance.

It is still their own opinion. Really lame post.