U.S. security firm loses licence for again killing civilians

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I'm not talking about saving money here....

I am talking about securing a large country!!! Obviously they can't do it with the numbers of troops currently deployed.... it's been a complete SNAFU from the start! So do it right already America! If they are going to "win" this war, it is going to take a million soldiers and a few hundred thousand of them are going to have to die. Not to mention millions more Iraqis may die if they go that route.... but fighting a guerilla war with hardly any troops doesn't work.

Do they want to beat Iraq into submission or not?

You have to admit when someone makes a sensible argument like this. Your numbers may be off (I really don't know, I'm no startegist), but your overall post makes absolute sense. We broke it, we have to fix it, at whatever cost.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If you had any "scope" of what was going on over there you would know that Blackwater are simply very highly paid mercenaries who were originally hired in Iraq by Paul Bremer. I agree that the Iraqi Prime Minister's orders will be quashed by the U.S. military, which says a lot for how well that mess is going.
I wonder how the American soldiers feel about having these "contractors"do their job for four times the money?

Well you want them punished without trial. You take the other side over the side of Blackwater because you would rather believe that Blackwater purposely killed civillians.

The facts are this... there was a convoy ambush... Blackwater was guarding the convoy...the ambush was unsuccessful and insurgents were killed...civillians were killed during the firefight because the insurgents chose a heavily populated area to ambush.

How do they feel? Well... a local kid from my town had just got back from Iraq and worked with Blackwater in Baghdad. He held no animosity because Blackwater guards power plants, runs convoys and does mostly boring stuff he said. In fact, he is joining Blackwater and going back to work for them. Most of Blackwater are former soldiers and Marines who have been there.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
BLACKWATER USA FACTS
Founded in 1997 by a former US Navy SEAL
Headquarters in North Carolina
One of at least 28 Private Security Companies in Iraq
Employs 744 US citizens, 231 third-country nationals, and 12 Iraqis to protect US state department in Iraq (May 2007)
Provided protection for former CPA head Paul Bremer
Four employees killed by mob in Falluja in March 2004
Personnel have no combat immunity under international law if they engage in hostilities
I can certainly understand why the Iraqi Prime Minister doesn't want yet another group in the country who can kill Iraqi citizens, along with the Americans, the British, and Australians. Blackwater is just one of 28 private security companies in Iraq.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA