U.S. Asked to Keep Their Toys at Home

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
(sigh)

A democracy or not, the will (or opinion) of the majority has no place interfereing with the basic right of mankind to believe as they will, or to exercise their basic human rights.....one of which is the right to self-defense.

de Touqueville's great criticism of universal democracy was what he labeled "the tyranny of the majority", which he saw as the ability of the mass to unnecessarily restrict the actions of the dissident........great democracies avoid that pitfall......

A democracy or not, the will (or opinion) of the majority has no place interfereing with the basic right of mankind to believe as they will, or to exercise their basic human rights.....one of which is the right to self-defense.

and a gun is not part of that right

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Make sure you have one of these babies. Wouldn't want to miss...

What, you think that is a handgun??????

Wouldn't surprise me.

I've been fighting with guys like you all my adult life....first its handguns, then "assault rifles" (whatever they are), then its "sniper rifles' (which are exactly the same as my deer rifle)......you just don't like anyone having anything you don't approve of.....and you are either gullible enough to swallow the spin of language used to propagandize the issue....or devious enough to use linguistic falsehoods to convince the masses to your way of thinking....

BTW, the vast majority of Canadians DON'T CARE about gun control........

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I know some of you think this is a joke, but The Second Amendment was put right behind the First Amendment to protect it and all other amendments from a tyrannical government. Period. It was a guarantee that would give the citizens the ability to someday, if the government ever became tyrannical enough, to over-throw the government.

MHz, You are right, if random gunfire does enter your live, you would wish you had something to defend yourself. It is much scarier when you have nothing.

Your Holy Constitution is absolutely barbaric. I can understand a person bearing arms out of necessity (to hunt for food, legitimate sport, or employment in the police, military or similar instance). But the idea, in this day and age when nuclear, bacteriological, and chemical weapons technology is so advanced, and when security technology has advanced so far, that the average man on the street ought to be constitutionally granted the right to bear arms irrespective of necessity, or even mental state, is absolutely ludicrous. Isn't that why your Holy Constitution was broken down into amendments? Isn't it that the drafters of the US COnstitution were aware that they were writing a fallible legal and not infallibly sacred text, that might need amendments removed or added as society progressed?

That second amendment is ab****ely savage in its current form and interpretation.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

And please explain to me the logic of having a right to self-defense.....but being denied the means to exercise that right?

That is like saying you have a right to free speech.....but we control the newspapers, the radios, the internet, the printing presses, etc.........

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Random violence sure, gunfire not so much. When you are in your early teens and a knife alter two lives forever it really hard to see any fuking humor in a post such as the one posted by Machjo's, so really I hope it comes to his house just to wipe the smirk off his face.

Sorry MHZ, hadn't read that. Please understand that my sarcasm is to try to get a point across. It would seem you could agree with the point at least. My real question is, if it really is true that this has happened to you, why would you wish it on others?

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County

Why? Because you said so? England granted that right over 700 years ago, it is entrenched in common law. Problem is, rights granted by kings and states can also be taken away, look at the UK now. The only one able to protect themselves, besides the chosen ones (police and military) are the crooks.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My real question is, if it really is true that this has happened to you, why would you wish it on others?
It is a true story, I won't say which kid I knew. My moment of anger is past, so is the time when I can find any humor in senseless acts of hatred or violence, be it in a small community or on the world stage. Jokes about such things are pretty much.....well they just aren't all that funny anymore. Unless I come up with them then....

My next post to you was quite a bit lighter in nature

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
BTW, the vast majority of Canadians DON'T CARE about gun control........

It is the ones who think it actually works I worry about. There is one thing I have to agree with though, since the provision for training has been introduced, accidental shootings have dropped substantially. There has been only one fatal instance in NS in the past 4 years, however booze and stupidity were involved. As well, they were poaching, already an illegal activity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It is the ones who think it actually works I worry about. There is one thing I have to agree with though, since the provision for training has been introduced, accidental shootings have dropped substantially. There has been only one fatal instance in NS in the past 4 years, however booze and stupidity were involved. As well, they were poaching, already an illegal activity.

I am willing to compromise.....I have no problem with licencing or with safety training.....I am a qualified trainer in the federal firearms safety program.

I don't approve of the idiotic classifications of firearms...........nor the useless registration, nor the refusal to licence carry.

And compromise in this atmosphere is useless....I've been compromised so much on this issue my butt hurts.

(Did I say that out loud?)8O

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Colpy. I should point out that my main criticism of gun control is directed at the USA, since as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong here), Canadian gun control is stringent enough as it is, with many of the problems coming from smuggled weapons.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
By the way, Colpie, I was wondering. In Canada, do we need to declare intent when buying a firearm? For example, whether we intend to use it for hunting, a specific sport, defense of self and family, etc.? I'm asking just out of curiosity.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
By the way, Colpie, I was wondering. In Canada, do we need to declare intent when buying a firearm? For example, whether we intend to use it for hunting, a specific sport, defense of self and family, etc.? I'm asking just out of curiosity.
That law of killing a person 'cause he needed killin' was taken off the books some time ago.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I am willing to compromise.....I have no problem with licencing or with safety training.....I am a qualified trainer in the federal firearms safety program.

I don't approve of the idiotic classifications of firearms...........nor the useless registration, nor the refusal to licence carry.

And compromise in this atmosphere is useless....I've been compromised so much on this issue my butt hurts.

(Did I say that out loud?)8O

Ok so I have had training and safety driving lessons ?

So tell me why I should REGISTER my car ? Why is it different for me to register my car..

Or even better yet.. Why do I have to register my "son's" birth? He is not a weapon but a freaking person? Yet his Birth certificate is a "Registration of Birth".

You see Colpy, my issue is not with registrating gun, but the fact that so many other things need registration yet we "must" omit the taboo of gun registration..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why do I have to register my "son's" birth?
Because the Gov classifies him as an 'asset' based on a prediction of how much he will earn over his usefull lifetime.

Here is a link to some audio files.
Audio: Live Interview With Thomas Anderson About The Strawman - Interviewed By Adam Davis TruthMovementAustralia.com.au | Love for Life

No one is going to explain to you what and how all this is happening to you, why are you loosing your property, why you never have “money”, why everybody is bankrupted. That is never going to happen. These powers-that-be have not divulged the rules of the game. They can and do get away with complete fraud and steal everything because no one knows what to do about it. In the USA, you own NOTHING. Everything is hypothecated to the “banksters”, not only that, but you have no title of your property (only a Grant Deed) and your STRAWMAN owes everything, not you, and remember they created the strawman and it belongs to them.
The United States Corporation and the Strawman
In 1871 the United States incorporated in England and therefore became an English corporation under the rule of the Crown (Rothschild). As you see, corporations are not governments and can only rule by contracts through corporate copyrighted policy. How can a corporation ever have authority over you? By contract! ONLY BY CONTRACT!
Today The United States is a District of Columbia corporation. In Volume 20: Corpus Juris, Sec. § 1785 we find “The United States government is a foreign corporation with respect to a State” (see: NY re: Merriam 36 N.E. 505 1441 S. 0.1973, 14 L. Ed. 287). Since a corporation is a fictitious “person” or entity (it cannot speak, see, touch, smell, etc.), it cannot, by itself, function in the real world. It needs a conduit, a transmitting utility, a liaison of some sort, to “connect” the fictional person, and fictional world in which it exists, to the real world.LIVING people exist in a real world, not a fictional, virtual world. But government does exist in a fictional world and can only deal directly with other fictional or virtual persons, agencies, states, etc. In order for a fictional person to deal with real people there must be a connection, a liaison, and a go-between. This can be something as simple as a contract. When both “persons,” the real and the fictional, agree to the terms of a contract, there is a connection, intercourse, dealings, there is a communication, an exchange. There is business! But there is another way for fictional government to deal with the real man and woman: through the use of a representative, a liaison, and the go-between. Who is this go-between, this liaison that connects fictional government to real men and women? It’s a government-created shadow, a fictional man or woman … with the same name as ours.
This FICTITIOUS PERSON was created by using our birth certificates as the MCO (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin) and the state in which we were born as the “port of entry”. This gave fictional government a fictionalPERSON with whom to deal directly. This PERSON is a STRAWMAN.STRAMINEUS HOMO: Latin: A man of straw, one of no substance, put forward as bail or surety. This definition comes from Black’s Law Dictionary, 6th. Edition, page 1421. Following the definition of STRAMINEUS HOMO in Black’s we find the next word, Strawman. STRAWMAN: A front, a third party, who is put up in name only to take part in a transaction. Nominal party to a transaction; one who acts as an agent for another for the purposes of taking title to real property and executing whatever documents and instruments the principal may direct. Person who purchases property for another to conceal identity of real purchaser or to accomplish some purpose otherwise not allowed. Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary defines the term “strawman” as: 1: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted. 2: a person set up to serve as a cover for a usually questionable transaction.
The Strawman can be summed up as an imaginary, passive stand-in for the real participant; a front; a blind; a person regarded as a nonentity. The Strawman is a “shadow”, a go-between. For quite some time a rather large number of people in this country have known that a man’s or woman’s name, written in ALL CAPS or last name first, does not identify real, living people. Taking this one step further, the rules of grammar for the English language have no provisions for the abbreviation of people’s names, i.e., initials are not to be used. As an example, John Adam Smith is correct. ANYTHING else is not correct. Not Smith, John Adam or Smith, John A. or J. Smith or J. A. Smith or JOHN ADAM SMITH or SMITH, JOHN or any other variation. NOTHING, other than John Adam Smith identifies the real, living man. All other appellations identify either a deceased man or a fictitious man: such as a corporation or a STRAWMAN.

A Must Read, you own nothing unless you know this, the Strawman. Chart of who “owns” the Federal Reserve « Les dessous de l’information mondiale-Downside World News

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ok so I have had training and safety driving lessons ?

So tell me why I should REGISTER my car ? Why is it different for me to register my car..

Or even better yet.. Why do I have to register my "son's" birth? He is not a weapon but a freaking person? Yet his Birth certificate is a "Registration of Birth".

You see Colpy, my issue is not with registrating gun, but the fact that so many other things need registration yet we "must" omit the taboo of gun registration..

just for starters, your car does not have to be registered.......drive it on your own property, or leave it in the garage.....no registration necessary.

secondly, registering your car is simply a form of taxation: not an attempt at control, as proven by the fact it does NOT have to be registered.

Third, your son's birth is registered so he can have the advantages of citizenship in future.....passports, medicare, schooling, social programs. guns are registered only so the government can conveniently steal them at will.........hardly to the person's advantage.

Fourth, registering cars in Canada is a net benefit to gov't.....registering gun has cost em a billion bucks.

fifth, NOBODY ever seriously put forth the thesis that ownership and use of a car was a basic human right.....

Sixth.....you can't get 10 years in prison for refusing to register your car.

'nuff said?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
you return by insulting the moral fibre of my late father, the kindest and most decent man I've ever known, myself, my brothers, my friends, and hundreds of thousands of Canadians I don't even know....nor do you.

Pure emotion over logic Colpy old sod. I would know your father, brother, friends from Harry Higgins.

Hunting with handguns is a "stunt"

Do try and be logical and not so emotional. Logic will win every time.:cool:

You should try it then....

Obviously, by calling their actions "morally repugnant" you DID insult all the good people listed above, regardless of whether you ever met them..

Obviously if handguns are produced solely for hunting by the millions, for millions of handgun hunters, and those weapons have the power and accuracy to do the job well, handgun hunting is NOT a stunt.

That is logic....say "Glad to meet you" as it is obviously the first time you've been introduced.

Linear thought....try it sometime.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Colpy

just for starters, your car does not have to be registered.......drive it on your own property, or leave it in the garage.....no registration necessary.

Sorry Colpy, but you are wrong.. Even if you have a vehicle you must transfer the VIN ( Registration Number ) to your name at a cost so you can have legal possession of that vehicle. Insured or not on your property..

ICBC - Register & License a Vehicle - Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

secondly, registering your car is simply a form of taxation: not an attempt at control, as proven by the fact it does NOT have to be registered.

Again it maybe a form of taxation but as shown above IT does need to be registered..

Third, your son's birth is registered so he can have the advantages of citizenship in future.....passports, medicare, schooling, social programs. guns are registered only so the government can conveniently steal them at will.........hardly to the person's advantage.

Vital statistics requires you to send in the documentation.. This is by law, not for the reasons you give above.. They may make it sound like it is for the benefit, but I have known people who have refused to have their children birth recorded and have had the law show up at their door.

To receive a birth certificate for your child, you are required to complete and return the Registration of Live Birth form within 30 days of your child's birth to the Vital Statistics Agency. Filing this form is required under the Vital Statistics Act. Birth certificates are important and used for identification and to access benefit programs and services. Find the Registration of Live Birth form by clicking here.

BC Vital Statistics Agency - Births

Fourth, registering cars in Canada is a net benefit to gov't.....registering gun has cost em a billion bucks.

It is a net benefit because it's all inclusive into a system that is now years old.

fifth, NOBODY ever seriously put forth the thesis that ownership and use of a car was a basic human right.....

Neither is the right to own a gun. Both a car and a gun are a privilege.

No but you can get 10 year for not registering your child’s birth just like you can do time for not filling in the census forms..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Because the Gov classifies him as an 'asset' based on a prediction of how much he will earn over his usefull lifetime.

Here is a link to some audio files.
Audio: Live Interview With Thomas Anderson About The Strawman - Interviewed By Adam Davis TruthMovementAustralia.com.au | Love for Life

No one is going to explain to you what and how all this is happening to you, why are you loosing your property, why you never have “money”, why everybody is bankrupted. That is never going to happen. These powers-that-be have not divulged the rules of the game. They can and do get away with complete fraud and steal everything because no one knows what to do about it. In the USA, you own NOTHING. Everything is hypothecated to the “banksters”, not only that, but you have no title of your property (only a Grant Deed) and your STRAWMAN owes everything, not you, and remember they created the strawman and it belongs to them.
The United States Corporation and the Strawman
In 1871 the United States incorporated in England and therefore became an English corporation under the rule of the Crown (Rothschild). As you see, corporations are not governments and can only rule by contracts through corporate copyrighted policy. How can a corporation ever have authority over you? By contract! ONLY BY CONTRACT!
Today The United States is a District of Columbia corporation. In Volume 20: Corpus Juris, Sec. § 1785 we find “The United States government is a foreign corporation with respect to a State” (see: NY re: Merriam 36 N.E. 505 1441 S. 0.1973, 14 L. Ed. 287). Since a corporation is a fictitious “person” or entity (it cannot speak, see, touch, smell, etc.), it cannot, by itself, function in the real world. It needs a conduit, a transmitting utility, a liaison of some sort, to “connect” the fictional person, and fictional world in which it exists, to the real world.LIVING people exist in a real world, not a fictional, virtual world. But government does exist in a fictional world and can only deal directly with other fictional or virtual persons, agencies, states, etc. In order for a fictional person to deal with real people there must be a connection, a liaison, and a go-between. This can be something as simple as a contract. When both “persons,” the real and the fictional, agree to the terms of a contract, there is a connection, intercourse, dealings, there is a communication, an exchange. There is business! But there is another way for fictional government to deal with the real man and woman: through the use of a representative, a liaison, and the go-between. Who is this go-between, this liaison that connects fictional government to real men and women? It’s a government-created shadow, a fictional man or woman … with the same name as ours.
This FICTITIOUS PERSON was created by using our birth certificates as the MCO (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin) and the state in which we were born as the “port of entry”. This gave fictional government a fictionalPERSON with whom to deal directly. This PERSON is a STRAWMAN.STRAMINEUS HOMO: Latin: A man of straw, one of no substance, put forward as bail or surety. This definition comes from Black’s Law Dictionary, 6th. Edition, page 1421. Following the definition of STRAMINEUS HOMO in Black’s we find the next word, Strawman. STRAWMAN: A front, a third party, who is put up in name only to take part in a transaction. Nominal party to a transaction; one who acts as an agent for another for the purposes of taking title to real property and executing whatever documents and instruments the principal may direct. Person who purchases property for another to conceal identity of real purchaser or to accomplish some purpose otherwise not allowed. Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary defines the term “strawman” as: 1: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted. 2: a person set up to serve as a cover for a usually questionable transaction.
The Strawman can be summed up as an imaginary, passive stand-in for the real participant; a front; a blind; a person regarded as a nonentity. The Strawman is a “shadow”, a go-between. For quite some time a rather large number of people in this country have known that a man’s or woman’s name, written in ALL CAPS or last name first, does not identify real, living people. Taking this one step further, the rules of grammar for the English language have no provisions for the abbreviation of people’s names, i.e., initials are not to be used. As an example, John Adam Smith is correct. ANYTHING else is not correct. Not Smith, John Adam or Smith, John A. or J. Smith or J. A. Smith or JOHN ADAM SMITH or SMITH, JOHN or any other variation. NOTHING, other than John Adam Smith identifies the real, living man. All other appellations identify either a deceased man or a fictitious man: such as a corporation or a STRAWMAN.

A Must Read, you own nothing unless you know this, the Strawman. Chart of who “owns” the Federal Reserve « Les dessous de l’information mondiale-Downside World News

Yes I have heard and seen an article on this Mhz.. It's pretty scary and true..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Sorry Colpy, but you are wrong.. Even if you have a vehicle you must transfer the VIN ( Registration Number ) to your name at a cost so you can have legal possession of that vehicle. Insured or not on your property..

ICBC - Register & License a Vehicle - Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

I'm sorry, but I believe you are totally wrong here.....no where in the link you provided does it say you have to register your vehicle, or have a VIN, unless you are going to insure and drive it on public roads...........

Again it maybe a form of taxation but as shown above IT does need to be registered..

Nope. The proof is.....just let your registration lapse.....as is done every day with cars that no longer are operated......no problem.

Vital statistics requires you to send in the documentation.. This is by law, not for the reasons you give above.. They may make it sound like it is for the benefit, but I have known people who have refused to have their children birth recorded and have had the law show up at their door.

BC Vital Statistics Agency - Births

Yes, it is the law....I didn't say it wasn't.....but it is for the benefit of the child.

It is a net benefit because it's all inclusive into a system that is now years old.

You have no idea how silly that statement is.....the system is far from "all inclusive"..........it is so screwed up it will not stand up in court, I could list a number of problems encountered by people I know, and so many shooters have refused to register that the gov't has removed all costs...and put a moritorium on criminal charges....in a (futile) attempt to get people to comply. the Silly System has cost you money.....and continues to cost piles of it......

Neither is the right to own a gun. Both a car and a gun are a privilege.

Wrong. I have a right to firearms. An ancient right, recognized in the English Bill of Rights of 1689, a part of our constitution.

No but you can get 10 year for not registering your child’s birth just like you can do time for not filling in the census forms..

10 years???? I don't THINK so.....

Looked it up....not registering your child is not even an offense under the criminal code....therefore the longest sentence possible is less than two years.....and that is extremely unlikely.

The maximum for lying or refusing to comply in a census? $500 and three MONTHS.