Two brewing scandals that could help unseat the liberals.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The damage already done by Jody Wilson-Raybould’s resignation

Trudeau 'surprised' by minister's resignation

Trudeau said he's asked David Lametti, who replaced Wilson-Raybould as justice minister and attorney general, to advise him about waiving solicitor-client privilege. However, he said: "There's a real danger — and it's been flagged for me — of unintended consequences, particularly because there are two court cases ongoing directly related to this matter that could be impacted by such a decision we might make."
Trudeau noted that solicitor-client privilege would not have prevented Wilson-Raybould from coming to him last fall if she felt she was being improperly pressured.
Scheer also wrote to Trudeau, calling on him to ensure that all documents — including "memos, letters, emails, PINs, SMS messages and handwritten notes" — pertaining to the case are preserved.
Both Scheer and NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh called on the Liberals to support an opposition motion to have the House of Commons justice committee investigate the allegation that Wilson-Raybould was pressured. The committee is scheduled to consider the motion on Wednesday.
"Now more than ever, it is imperative that the Liberal government support the work of the justice committee that will be looking into whether there was illegal interference with the independent exercise of the former attorney general's responsibilities," Singh said in a statement.
"If Justin Trudeau and the Liberal government shut the justice committee's work down, it would send a dangerous signal to Canadians about the state of our democracy."
Liberals, who hold the majority on the committee, appear to be open to conducting an investigation. And on Monday, Trudeau said he welcomed news that federal ethics commissioner Mario Dion has initiated his own investigation into the matter, specifically whether there's been a violation of a Conflict of Interest Act provision that prohibits a public office holder from seeking to influence a decision so as to improperly further another person's private interests.
Wilson-Raybould had been Canada's first Indigenous justice minister and the face of Trudeau's commitment to make reconciliation his top priority.

Small sample of large article

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
RCMP charges official for alleged leak

OTTAWA - A second public official has been charged over the alleged leak of cabinet secrets related to the $700-million naval shipbuilding contract that is also at the heart of the case against Vice-Admiral Mark Norman.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced Wednesday that Matthew Matchett has been charged with one count of breach of trust following an extensive criminal investigation than began more than three years ago.
Matchett, who was suspended without pay from his job at Public Services and Procurement Canada in October, is due to appear in court on March 5, the police said.
Matchett is the second person after Norman, the military's former second-in-command, accused of leaking information about the shipbuilding contract between the federal government and Davie Shipbuilding in Quebec.
The contract, negotiated by Stephen Harper's government and finalized by Justin Trudeau's newly minted government in 2015, involved leasing a converted civilian ship to the navy as a temporary support vessel.
Norman has denied any wrongdoing. The court has so far heard nine days of pre-trial arguments as Norman's lawyers fight for access to thousands of government documents. A formal trial is scheduled to begin in August.
Matchett's name has previously surfaced in court filings by Norman's legal team, including government emails and witness statements obtained from RCMP investigators.
Neither the documents nor any of the charges against Matchett and Norman have been tested in court.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
A big shoe dropped with the resignation letter, also setting her up for a leadership run after the tar and feathers are cleaned up.
That Wilson-Raybauld waited until she was demoted to Veteran's Affairs to resign raises questions in my mind as to why she didn't do so when she was AG. If she felt that she was in anyway being pressured to intervene in the SNC Lavalin court case, her duty was to come forward immediately. That she didn't brings into question her integrity. The last thing we need in a new leader is lack of such.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Both cases are intertwined now, an eclipse in the making of "Sunny ways"

The cases have nothing to do with each other, TM - other than the yet to be substantiated reports of government interference. That said, both cases could very well spell the end for this government and that, my friend, would be a fine thing indeed.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Each successive Prime Minister can't seem to escape the temptation to turn the PMO into his own private Shutz Staffel. This trend to centralizing government power and decision making in the Prime Minister's Office started with Justin's father and, despite Justin's "open government" guff, he's centralized authoity in his PMO even more than any of his predecessors have done.

Power corrupts ... even snow board instructors.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'll say it again. This won't stick to Dreamy Boy. The story just ain't sexy enough and too confusing for the unwashed masses.

Joe Sixpack and Sally Housecoat will be asking themselves..."Who ordered the Lava lamp from Libya?"

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Not good in an election year this will drag on if she resigned over ethics.

Nope, it is exactly what we need.

Which new guy?

Harper's biggest problem is that he is a nerdy economist who is shy, reclusive and not terribly personable ... not a poseable action figure like Justin.

Part of Harper's lack of appeal was that he was a Western politician. They (Ontario and Quebec) like their Prime Ministers to be old stock Quebec. Heavy on the kissing ass. Albeit, Harper made some serious mistakes during his terms as Prime Minister, but he was still way better than the present demented child king.

I'm sure that the Liberal Party machine has convinced themselves that Jody Wilson-Raybould isn't a team player because she wasn't happy to be a trained seal and therefore is now a non-person.

That's the same Liberal Party that I've known over my lifetime.

You are correct, sir. By the way, Sunny Ways is just a label, Justin is a little dictator and my guess is that she was approached, she resisted, and he waited to get even in the guise of a cabinet shuffle. Except, the Prime Minister has painted himself into a corner here. And if she testifies to that, he will be done like a dogs dinner.

I can see the headline now:

LIBERALS CAUGHT IN SCANDAL WITH ANOTHER CORRUPT QUEBEC CORPORATION!
When will they ever learn?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nope, it is exactly what we need.
Part of Harper's lack of appeal was that he was a Western politician. They (Ontario and Quebec) like their Prime Ministers to be old stock Quebec. Heavy on the kissing ass. Albeit, Harper made some serious mistakes during his terms as Prime Minister, but he was still way better than the present demented child king.
You are correct, sir. By the way, Sunny Ways is just a label, Justin is a little dictator and my guess is that she was approached, she resisted, and he waited to get even in the guise of a cabinet shuffle. Except, the Prime Minister has painted himself into a corner here. And if she testifies to that, he will be done like a dogs dinner.
I can see the headline now:
LIBERALS CAUGHT IN SCANDAL WITH ANOTHER CORRUPT QUEBEC CORPORATION!
When will they ever learn?

Her silence speaks volumes. If the Liberal Caucus had just shut the feck up, this whole thing would have blown away but they can't shake off their long legacy of party discipline over everything else, like "truth" or "what is right" or "integrity". Why bother running for the Liberal Party, anyway? The PMO tell you what to think, say, vote, believe.

"... when they are 50 yards from Parliament Hill, they are no longer honourable members – they are just nobodies, Mr. Speaker.”

Trudeau the Elder

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
That Wilson-Raybauld waited until she was demoted to Veteran's Affairs to resign raises questions in my mind as to why she didn't do so when she was AG. If she felt that she was in anyway being pressured to intervene in the SNC Lavalin court case, her duty was to come forward immediately. That she didn't brings into question her integrity. The last thing we need in a new leader is lack of such.
As I understand it, she was consulting on the legal situation, and the two events are not time related to each other. Her father was in that time though, was making remarks.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
That's O.k. though, because global warming tax, no oil transportation, trees release more carbon than we thought, so pay up double, solar minimum, highest personal debt on planet, real estate collapse, money laundering heaven, no more borders, Canada is a post national country ...etc...
;)
Haha..hah...h...ah...ummmm....

George Sora$$, the Nazi ZIONIST punkin, who helped put the real jews on trains for Hitler, and who makes Billions destroying countries, and currencies, (while we take in the refugees Israel throws out and doesn't want ), is laughing at YOU....Well, us.
:)

EXCLUSIVE: Trudeau illegally hides dealings with George Soros

I want to know what role George Soros plays in deciding immigration policy for the Canadian government.

According to an Angus Reid poll, 80 per cent of Canadians want immigration to be kept where it is, or even reduced. Only 6 per cent of Canadians want immigration increased.

But Trudeau and his immigration minister, Ahmed Hussen, have announced that they plan to jack numbers up to more than a million in the next three years — almost half of whom will be refugees or other drains on our social services...

...That’s not a conspiracy theory or a speculation. It’s what happened, as we've reported before:

In September 2016, the Trudeau government partnered with Soros' Open Society Foundations to increase the number of "refugees" entering Canada.
https://www.therebel.media/exclusiv...-ezra-levant-rebel-media-canada-news-politics

Jean-Nicolas Beuze, the UNHCR representative in Ottawa, called on Canada to open its door to more African migrants from Israel.​
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-refugee-israel-deportees-1.4602236

Canada’s offer to resettle asylum seekers from Israel still on table despite freeze on UN deal
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...to-resettle-many-of-israels-african-refugees/

Read "BLACK AFRICAN JEWS".

They Didn't Want Ethiopian Jews in Israel, Either
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-they-didn-t-want-ethiopian-jews-in-israel-either-1.5785804

Well, that's apartheid racism in full bloom right there and Canada will pay for all of it and more. Just like the holocaust Jews did.
:)
So, who is the joke on again?

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Who is on Team Wilson-Raybould?

Trudeau moves to shore up Liberal caucus support as SNC-Lavalin controversy continues

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has moved to shore up support in his Liberal caucus as the aftershocks of Jody Wilson-Raybould's resignation from cabinet rocked both Parliament Hill and members of his own party.

Multiple caucus sources told CBC News that Trudeau convened an extraordinary caucus meeting by telephone Tuesday evening to reassure them that nothing untoward had taken place in his office's interactions with Wilson-Raybould over the SNC-Lavalin case when she was justice minister.
But unlike the party's normal caucus meetings, this was a one-way call — with Trudeau doing the talking. Caucus members were not able to ask Trudeau questions. MPs were told to follow up with the PMO or regional offices.
MPs on the call that spoke to CBC News on condition their names not be used said they believed Trudeau when he told them neither he nor the PMO had pressed Wilson-Raybould.
Multiple MPs also told CBC News that while there was a consensus in caucus that Wilson-Raybould should no longer sit at the cabinet table, there was no justifiable reason to remove the MP for Vancouver-Granville from the Liberal caucus.
The unusual call to Liberal MPs came as Trudeau's government scrambled to deal with the aftershocks of Wilson-Raybould's abrupt resignation Tuesday as Veterans Affairs minister.
Her resignation came only days after a Globe and Mail report, quoting anonymous sources, said members of the Prime Minister's Office tried to get Wilson-Raybould to help Quebec construction giant SNC-Lavalin avoid criminal prosecution on bribery and fraud charges through a Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA).
The SNC-Lavalin case is before a court in Montreal, charged with fraud and corruption in connection with payments of nearly $48 million to public officials in Libya under Moammar Gadhafi's government and allegations it defrauded Libyan organizations of an estimated $130 million. Its preliminary hearing is scheduled to resume Friday.
To date, the director of public prosecutions has refused to allow the company to avoid a trial by negotiating a DPA or remediation agreement.

'I do wish her well'

© Sean Kilpatrick/Canadian Press Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has insisted that neither he nor any of his staff 'directed' Wilson-Raybould to intervene in the SNC-Lavalin case.
During the political firestorm that followed the report, Wilson-Raybould refused to comment on the case, saying she was still bound by solicitor-client privilege.
MaryAnn Mihychuk, who served with Wilson-Raybould in cabinet until January 2017, said neither Trudeau nor his staff ever pressured her when she was minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
"I made a lot of change and I really pushed the envelope ... I never had a call from the prime minister or the Prime Minister's Office to push me in a certain direction."
Some Liberal MPs suggested anonymously in media reports that Wilson-Raybould was difficult to deal with and didn't have friends in caucus. Mihychuk said that's not the case.
"I feel she's a good friend and she is an amazing leader so I do wish her well."
Mihychuk said Wilson-Raybould also worked closely with fellow cabinet minister Jane Philpott, who has supported Wilson-Raybould on social media in the wake of her resignation.
"Jane and Jody were a team right from the start. They were working immediately on assisted dying for Canada, which has been a really terrific program, helping a lot of people. But it was complicated, so they spent a lot of time together."

Last edited: