Canada
Re: RE: Turning Point On the War?

EagleSmack said:
Just in case the link does not work.

3/2, ISF support 3/25 in ‘New Market’
Submitted by: 2nd Marine Division
Story Identification #: 20056994539
Story by Lance Cpl. Lucian Friel

HADITHA, Iraq (June 9, 2005) -- As night fell on the city of Haditha, Marines with Company K, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, and Iraqi Security Forces headed into the northern part of the city to begin Operation New Market.

Co. K traveled from their area of operation, Al Qa’im, about a hundred miles north to support 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment’s efforts to root out insurgent activity in their area.

Operation New Market utilized offensive maneuvering to clear the city of Haditha, which included Company K clearing northern Haditha and setting up a blocking position to allow Marines with 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines, to clear the southern part of the city.

Two platoons with the company and a group of soldiers with the Reconnaissance Company, 7th Iraqi Division contributed to the mission’s success.

3rd Platoon was a part of the company’s main effort and for Lance Cpl Luis A. Cruz, a team leader with 3rd Squad, this would be only the second time he worked with the ISF.

“It’s a good thing to have them with us, because it lets the Iraqi people know that Americans are not trying to take over their country,” the Rochester, N.Y., native said. “I think it was a good experience for us, because they know things about Iraq that we don’t, and they can communicate easier with the locals.”

The ISF soldiers also appreciated the time they spend with the Marines and felt that it will better prepare them for assuming control of their country.

“I’ve worked with the Marines for about six months. I watch them and learn from them. These are good operations we do in Western Iraq, and I think they are helping my country become a better place for my people,” explained Gunnery Sgt. Aeshor Beghidan, 36, an Iraqi Security Forces platoon sergeant.

The Iraqi Recon Co. and the Marines worked together to clear the city, conducting cordon and knock operations and house to house searches, throughout the north.

During these cordon and knocks, Marines and the Iraqis received warm welcomes from the Iraqi citizens.

“The people were mostly real welcoming and hospitable, offering us food and drinks. They all allowed us to search their homes with no hesitation, which made our job easier,” Cruz, a 2002 Wilson Magnet High School graduate, explained.

The Marines and ISF cleared city block after city block, but the true reward for their efforts were found in the fields that they searched along with homes.

“We found about three good-sized weapons caches in fields that surrounded the city. We found over three hundred high-explosive mortar rounds, an RPK (machine gun), a rocket propelled grenade launcher and rounds, rocket boosters and a large amount of ammunition,” said Lance Cpl. Michael M. Miller, 21, a combat engineer with 3rd Platoon, Company B, 4th Combat Engineers Battalion, who found two of the caches using a mine detecting device.

Miller, a Harrisonburg, Va., native describes finding weapons caches as “an awesome feeling.”

“When we find things like that, we have just saved peoples lives. The insurgents can’t use these weapons anymore because we found them and blew them up. It makes me really happy and giddy inside,” explained the 2001 Fluvanna County High School graduate.

All in all, the Marines of Company K and the ISF felt that this mission was successful. They killed 12 insurgents, detained 30 suspected insurgents, found weapons caches and helped their fellow Marines accomplish their mission in a different area of operation.

“I think my team did a good job out here, and it was a good experience working with the Iraqi Recon soldiers. I look forward to continuing to work with them to stabilize their country,” Cruz explained.

This shit is submitted by the army.Give me real news. Do you really think they are going to tell you how bad it is. Get serious.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Please... no need to swear.

The stuff you post is submitted by anti US websites. I would like for you to submit some unbiased reports, yet you have not.

But the point I was really trying to make here is that the US troops are not hunkered down in fortified positions. Unless you believe that this Operation New Market never happened.

And by the way... it was submitted by the Marines, not the army. ::wink::

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Turning Point On the

I've heard of Fallujah, Eaglesmack. I also know that collective punishment is illegal. Fallujah was one large war crime made up of many smaller ones.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Army, Marines, Navy. Any difference with the war machine?

You said I am sumbitting news from Anti-US sources. They are US based sources. Writers are as Americans like you who got the truth in their heads. I do't like to sumbit from Al-Jazeera since you might consider it biased.

As for swearing, I wasn't. It is a figure of speech if you know what that means.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: Turning Point On the

Reverend Blair said:
I've heard of Fallujah, Eaglesmack. I also know that collective punishment is illegal. Fallujah was one large war crime made up of many smaller ones.

He does not consider Fallujah a collective punishment. The important thing for them is to get the terrorists out no matter how many innocent civilians die.

WAR CRIMES......

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

moghrabi said:
Army, Marines, Navy. Any difference with the war machine?

You said I am sumbitting news from Anti-US sources. They are US based sources. Writers are as Americans like you who got the truth in their heads. I do't like to sumbit from Al-Jazeera since you might consider it biased.

As for swearing, I wasn't. It is a figure of speech if you know what that means.

I always thought "shit" was a swear and not a figure of speech.

I will rephrase my anti-US to anti-Bush, anti-war... which are just as biased. I have looked at the links you posted, many of them because I want to see the source. The sources you post are one sided and therefore biased to your views. When I read your hyperlinks I also scan the other articles and it is a whole slew of articles that state one side of the story. That is not a credible news source.

There is a BIG difference between the Marines and the others.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I know the difference between Marines and others. To me they are all part of a killing machine.

If you think my posts are one-sided, please direct me to more balanced sites. I bet I will find them biased to your views.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

moghrabi said:
I know the difference between Marines and others. To me they are all part of a killing machine.

If you think my posts are one-sided, please direct me to more balanced sites. I bet I will find them biased to your views.

You know what. I may take you up on that. However, websites are created by folks to get their message across. If you are an anti-war person, you surely aren't going to post an article about how good the troops are doing or any successes over there. Like some folks here they will turn a blind eye and say...

"That is rubbish.... I like this article better."

I would say the closest you can get to unbiased media is, sadly enough, main stream media. However you might say that it is biased towards your views and I might say it is biased towards mine.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I read both sides of the issue. The News in Arabic, English, German whathaveyou. The only bright news comes from the Marines spokesperson, or from bush's puppets in the White House.

Please take me up on that and provide solid proof that your war on terror is winning and your war in Iraq is a NOBLE war.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Turning Point On the

annabattler said:
I marched against this "pre-emptive" invasion...to no avail.
However, the United States is now committed to stay the course in Iraq,at least under this president.
To withdraw would mean losing even more "international face",something the United States can ill afford right now.
The Iraqi situation will remain a quagmire,with more variables than a genetic string.

MILLIONS marched against this invasion world wide. But the US don't listen to no one. They toss it off as "right to express themselves". (cute!!)

Not sure how much more international face the US can lose now. Seems it has bottomed out .

The US has NO ONE to blame but themselves. Currently it is not only the "resistance" (as per US spin) fighting the "occupier" ......it is the average Iraqi. The dynamics there are changing very quickly......and many think the potential of a civil war is rising.

Oh.....and turbulence is rising in Afganistan too.

(kinda too bad that the MJ trial is the primary concern via the US media. - interesting set of priorities )

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Americans have different priorities than the rest of the world. Just about few minutes ago i heard on the radio that millions of Americans prefer to start work early so they can be home by 3 pm only to watch the jerry Springer show. Funny. Maybe not.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

moghrabi said:
Americans have different priorities than the rest of the world. Just about few minutes ago i heard on the radio that millions of Americans prefer to start work early so they can be home by 3 pm only to watch the jerry Springer show. Funny. Maybe not.

different priorities???? absolutely true.

so does their media. ( who can forget the "runaway bride" series???:)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
So, you guys are saying here the world shares the same priorities with the exception of Americans?

to fully answer that one......One must itemize the priorities of each country........and then look for common denominators.

for the impoverished nations......barebones basic survival is the main priority. So what does that have in common with a nation that is acting like it is impoverished for more power??---yet has all the material goods, creature comforts money can buy??

Which nation considers the military might as the first option to do a regime change in a far off land??? While most all other nations (except those coerced/manipulated by bush) resisted this idea .....and preferred more peaceful means to deal with the situation. One cannot say that the US is aligned with the rest of the world......as its priorities are money, power and control.