Turkey to challenge Israel’s blockade of Gaza in international court

Gaza Blockade - Legality

• Total voters

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I really can't see how Turkey treats minorities or journalists has anything to do with their challenge of the legality of Israel's blockade. Unless of course one was afraid that the ICC would be ruling in Turkey's favor and one wanted to try and deflect attention to else where. Turkey's treatment of minorities or journalists belong in another thread.

Yes and No - What Turkeys treatment of Kurds etc does is it will be brought to the public view - And that is a good thing - It does not affect how the ICC will or will not rule on the legality of the Blockade -
On the Yes side - a country can also bring allegations of crimes against humanity to the attention of the ICC - Same with treatment of minorities - extra judicial killings for one.

So yes it belongs here - Not off topic and you know as well as i that threads stray -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I think it belongs right here.

Turkey has ostensible cut off the Kurds. In a far worse, and inhumane way, than Israel has restricted access to Gaza.

How is Turkey's hypocrisy not applicable?

Again, Turkey's human rights record has nothing to do with the court case. In regards to the legality of the Israeli blockade, it is another example of those with weak arguments going "look at that". It's no different than abfet or eao going "look what the u.s.(or Israel) has done" when discussing what Hamas or countless other terrorist groups have done.

Yes and No - What Turkeys treatment of Kurds etc does is it will be brought to the public view - And that is a good thing - It does not affect how the ICC will or will not rule on the legality of the Blockade -
On the Yes side - a country can also bring allegations of crimes against humanity to the attention of the ICC - Same with treatment of minorities - extra judicial killings for one.

So yes it belongs here - Not off topic and you know as well as i that threads stray -

So, your interest really isn't about the ICC court case at all. This thread is an excuse to trash Turkey. Why not be honest about that from the beginning? Do you have a problem with honesty?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Again, Turkey's human rights record has nothing to do with the court case. In regards to the legality of the Israeli blockade, it is another example of those with weak arguments going "look at that". It's no different than abfet or eao going "look what the u.s.(or Israel) has done" when discussing what Hamas or countless other terrorist groups have done.
I would otherwise agree, if we were talking about the ICC and not the ICJ. In which Turkey will be the Complainant.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

So, your interest really isn't about the ICC court case at all. This thread is an excuse to trash Turkey. Why not be honest about that from the beginning? Do you have a problem with honesty?

No - The thread was not to trash Turkey - Turkey trashes themselves by their actions - Supported by the new Islamic Govt -

Of course a countries actions are accountable - all actions -

I stated that all was inclusive - Not to the ICC - but to those that wish to discuss it - Of course manners would be appreciated during the discussion. Thank you

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No - The thread was not to trash Turkey - Turkey trashes themselves by their actions - Supported by the new Islamic Govt -

Of course a countries actions are accountable - all actions -

I stated that all was inclusive - Not to the ICC - but to those that wish to discuss it - Of course manners would be appreciated during the discussion. Thank you

This will, obviously, not be about the court case, nor was it ever going to be about the court case. It will, once again, be an opportunity for the "usual suspects" to bash Islam in general. No different than the threads by the other "usual suspects" to bash the Jews in general and Israel in particular.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This will, obviously, not be about the court case, nor was it ever going to be about the court case. It will, once again, be an opportunity for the "usual suspects" to bash Islam in general. No different than the threads by the other "usual suspects" to bash the Jews in general and Israel in particular.
Ya, you can go ahead and come up with an original label for the people you think bash Islam.

Thanx.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

No it is not that - It is not to bash Muslims- Turkey had a chance for peace with the Kurds - check it out - Turkey is also repressing free press - and other individuals that it considers unfriendly to the Govt - Turkey is a democracy that is still learning in many ways about rights - They have to settle with the Kurds legitimate complaints - If i was bashing Muslims I would have included the Armenian Genocide now wouldn't I.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
POINT ONE:

The cause is already lost, Turkey is wasting its time and energy.......in a stupid, Islamist effort to demonize the Jews and Israel, thus promoting Turkey in the Arab world.

no turkey is one of the most tolerate and advanced Muslim countries ever. over 20,000 Jews live in turkey and not generally hostile to jews.
rise of antisemitism in Turkey is only fueled by Israel and Zionism, not some innate hatred of Jews, sorry to bust your bubble.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No it is not that - It is not to bash Muslims- Turkey had a chance for peace with the Kurds - check it out - Turkey is also repressing free press - and other individuals that it considers unfriendly to the Govt - Turkey is a democracy that is still learning in many ways about rights - They have to settle with the Kurds legitimate complaints - If i was bashing Muslims I would have included the Armenian Genocide now wouldn't I.

Riiiiight... I guess we will see. We'll see how much this thread is about the actual court case.

no turkey is one of the most tolerate and advanced Muslim countries ever. over 20,000 Jews live in turkey and not generally hostile to jews.
rise of antisemitism in Turkey is only fueled by Israel and Zionism, not some innate hatred of Jews, sorry to bust your bubble.

Jezus you're stupid.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
no turkey is one of the most tolerate and advanced Muslim countries ever.
Thank you for admitting other Muslim countries are not tolerant or advanced.

Man, you really do make this easy. For that you get a thumbs up.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Did the Turkish Govt by supporting the flotilla with monies inflame the situation in Gaza -Israel.
So Jews are mistreated in turkey becasue of Israel - How often do Muslims get that treatment in Canada -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
you're an annoying ****ing retard.

Goober has already stated in another thread that this thread was set up for you and eao.....what do you do..... run straight in like a bull in a china shop. Once again making unsubstantiated comments. You, once again, have played right into their hands and you don't even have enough brains to realize it.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Goober has already stated in another thread that this thread was set up for you and eao.....what do you do..... run straight in like a bull in a china shop. Once again making unsubstantiated comments. You, once again, have played right into their hands and you don't even have enough brains to realize it.

nothing about what i said unsubstantiated, how about being more specific rather than running your uneducated mouth with personal attacks .

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What's there to say? Turkey is challenging the blockade in court. They have every right to do exactly that. Or do you feel that they don't have the right?

Of course they can appeal......they might as well appeal to the kids running the lemonade stand down the street, for all the good it will do them.......either way.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Of course they can appeal......they might as well appeal to the kids running the lemonade stand down the street, for all the good it will do them.......either way.

and it's more about winning global political points than anything else.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

No it was not a set up for those creatures.- But the rest of your post is accurate

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
nothing about what i said unsubstantiated, how about being more specific rather than running your uneducated mouth with personal attacks .

No dummy, you have not proven that you deserve any more than what I dish out to you. You have not substantiated ANY of your accusations or statements since you've been on this board. It's all bullshyte and baffle gab with you. You are more hindrance to those on the left and to the Palestinian cause than you are a help.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
No dummy, you have not proven that you deserve any more than what I dish out to you. You have not substantiated ANY of your accusations or statements since you've been on this board. It's all bullshyte and baffle gab with you. You are more hindrance to those on the left and to the Palestinian cause than you are a help.
i just told you to be more specific on what you think was unsubstantiated and you can't even do that, just continue with your nonsensical babble.