TRUMP: Time Magazine MAN OF THE YEAR!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
it's just a two-bit magazine cover, and, considering the other idiots they've featured each year, who really cares.

The Trumpites

Not sure why people are so bent out of shape about it.

Nobody here is bent out of shape. The Trumpites thought people would get bent out of shape but that's only because they don't really understand what the title means

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If they are that shocked, HH, then they haven't been following Time all that long. The mag has never shied away from putting controversial news-makers on their front page.

Ayatullah Khomeini - 1979

Joseph Stalin - 1939 and 1942

Adolph Hitler - 1938

Bill Clinton - 1992 and 1998

Barrack Obama - 2008

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mowich wrote...

"I was simply pointing out that Time hasn't shied away from selecting other controversial people when choosing their person of the year."

Time chose Giuliani in 2001. They didn't have the guts to put Bin Laden's mug on the cover.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Mowich wrote...

"I was simply pointing out that Time hasn't shied away from selecting other controversial people when choosing their person of the year."

Time chose Giuliani in 2001. They didn't have the guts to put Bin Laden's mug on the cover.

"Though we spent hours debating the pros and cons of naming Osama bin Laden, it ultimately became easy to dismiss him," said managing editor Jim Kelly. "He is not a larger-than-life figure with broad historical sweep . . . he is smaller than life, a garden-variety terrorist whose evil plan succeeded beyond his highest hopes."

Osama bin Laden as Man of the Year : snopes.com

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mowich,

What a cop out! Charles Manson made the cover of Time back in the day...when we weren't all too sensitive and fragile to be able to digest reality.

And one could argue that if you switch the word 'terrorist' to 'politician' in the above statement, you'd be giving the same reason not to put Trump on the cover of Time Magazine

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
My bad...

I forgot Sonny Bono was a Republican, but HOT DANG there was a funny joke in there somewhere!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Mowich,

What a cop out! Charles Manson made the cover of Time back in the day...when we weren't all too sensitive and fragile to be able to digest reality.

And one could argue that if you switch the word 'terrorist' to 'politician' in the above statement, you'd be giving the same reason not to put Trump on the cover of Time Magazine

Charles Manson made the cover of Life magazine

He also made the cover of Rolling Stone. So far, I can find no evidence that he was ever named Time magazine's Person of the Year.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Now you know how Obama made the cover. Trump isn't in control of anything yet. Considering the 'old guard' is ruined their view of Trump is that he is probably worse than Hitler as he will win the battle for America and they are quite pissed about that. You cannot honor somebody when you are trying to destroy him at the same time. I'm thinking that the Times didn't pay any taxes in the last few decades. For them to punish Trump wouldn't that mean they should be paying taxes. Perhaps Trump should have the IRS pull their file.

(in part)
Under the twisted premise of losing the popular vote and "no taxation without representation", TIME's Mark Weston proclaims that the approximately 65 million Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton should pledge "we won’t pay taxes to the federal government... until democracy is restored."
Time Urges 65 Million Americans Who Voted For Hillary Not To Pay Taxes | Zero Hedge

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Dang...I apologize Mowich...

I could've sworn Manson made the cover of Time back in the day. Guess they just featured him in the magazine.

My bad!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Mowich,

Meh, who cares.