Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks: EIU

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All right! Bring back the Autopact! Bring back the Chevy Acadian!

Canada has grown by about 10 million since we last have protective tariffs for our auto industry. We would be making more cars than ever, here, if we penalized all of the cheap imports from low wage places like Detroit!
Yup there are 33,000,000 Canadians now and were 32,000,000 15 years ago .

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What makes me wonder is the large segment of the American population who are throwing their support behind the billionaire Trump because they are fed up with being ruled by Wall Street elites. bbbut .. , pardon?
Trump appeals to the right wing nut fukks and there's a shyt load of em. Kind of folks who'd listen to your anti-American talk for about ten seconds before slapping you right upside ye big pumpkin head. :)

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The third terror attack in the EU in 14 months and the EIU has the cheek to say that Britain should remain in it as leaving would present a huge risk to the globe.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But you should love Trump .
He has done in 6 short months what Democrats have been trying for 100 years .
The total demolishment of the Republican leadership .
Not to mention practically guaranteeing the election of Hillary Clinton, the worst of the women with a realistic shot at the Presidency in the last 20 years.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not sure any of the others could have beaten Clinton anyway. I was kind of leaning toward Rubio.
O'Malley or Rubio would have been my choice. But Hillary? Please.

Think about all the very good women who've been on the political scene in the last 20 years. Jeanne Kirkpatrick. Ann Richards. Christie Todd Whitman. Liddy Dole. Elizabeth Warren. Janet Yellin.

All of those, and Hillary Clinton is going to be our first female President?

Ah, well, as Heinlein said "Democracy doesn't guarantee good government. It guarantees representative government."