Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Couldn’t get rid of Brennan soon enough, the bloody communist.

“John Brennan is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. His honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him. Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation. If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."
~ Admiral William McRaven, ret., USN. who oversaw the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

Go ahead Trump, cut off his security clearance too. And the next one. And the next one. Before you know it, when you finally have that $92 million military parade to your own ego that you’ve been planning, you’ll find yourself telling the same lies for low turnout that you told about your inauguration.
To those who’ve questioned the allegiance of the military if it ever came down to them being forced to choose between a corrupt Commander in Chief and We the People, I believe this indicates our answer. Their oath is NOT to any one man or woman. It’s to all of us. They see what’s happening too.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why doesn’t this admiral just surrender his clearance if he abhors Trump so much. The admiral is just a popinjay.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

“John Brennan is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. His honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him. Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation. If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."
~ Admiral William McRaven, ret., USN. who oversaw the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

Go ahead Trump, cut off his security clearance too. And the next one. And the next one. Before you know it, when you finally have that $92 million military parade to your own ego that you’ve been planning, you’ll find yourself telling the same lies for low turnout that you told about your inauguration.
To those who’ve questioned the allegiance of the military if it ever came down to them being forced to choose between a corrupt Commander in Chief and We the People, I believe this indicates our answer. Their oath is NOT to any one man or woman. It’s to all of us. They see what’s happening too.

Trump's missile parade has been cancelled for this year.

I sure hope that the US Navy puts on a jim-cracker, eye-popping funeral procession for John McCain when he passes, though.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Cliffy supporting the US Military.

*snicker*

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Trump gears up to strip more clearances from officials tied to Russia investigation

Inside the West Wing, Trump is eager to move against others on the security clearance review list and could act soon, according to the White House officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.
Trump believes he has emerged looking strong and decisive in his escalating feud with Brennan, the aides said, adding that he shows a visceral disdain for the former CIA director when he sees him on TV.
But other aides would prefer a more thorough process or that he drop the matter altogether, and they are scrambling to review the list of people Trump says he would like to strip of clearances. These officials said Trump did not focus on his power to remove clearances until this summer.
Still, as the Russia probe tightens around Trump — Mueller is pressing his legal team over a potential interview with him — the president remains impulsive and unpredictable, aides said.
“The process is essentially meaningless,” one White House aide said. “If Trump wants to do it, he’ll just do it.”
Trump has frequently overruled, contradicted or ignored his aides, and that internal discord was on display again in the move against Brennan.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced the action Wednesday by reading a statement in Trump’s name, citing Brennan’s “erratic conduct” and “wild outbursts” on television and allegedly erroneous statements he had made.

White House officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.
Someone else (to the bolded) that needs clearances revoked :lol:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think John Kennedy, Republican Senator from Louisiana and Sen. Rand Paul have both deemed Brennan to be a butthead and a political hack. He was using his Security Clearance as a pulpit to rant against Trump. So Trump was just saying find your own lectern and don't ask me to provide credentials for your incessant rages.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is there any headline from DC you haven't gobbled up since your first stock paid a dividend?
Look for a rise in the ladder and a big raise in pay. I guess now e all have seen first hand why hollywierd has such shitty scripts lately. Creative writing is now at the CIA level and CIA wannabees are writing the movie scripts. (insert typewriter sounds)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It's common practice for executive level people to retain their clearances.