Trudeau’s promises to aboriginal people feared to be unachievable

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
No government could possibly keep the promises Trudeau made. It was all 'Unicorns and Rainbows', just like Harper said! How sad and naïve that people believed him!
Trudeau is pasley-walsey with Kathleen Wynn so the Six Nations Reserve had better watch out. The Ontario government has long been after the tobacco business which has made Six Nations so prosperous. It wouldn't surprise me if Wynn persuaded Trudeau to give the Province some clout there.
Six Nations pays federal tax on their tobacco products. Wynn would probably want a share for Ontario.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As long as he forgets his promise to rekindle the long gun registry I'm happy. Actually the more promises he breaks the better off we are.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I actually hope that Trudeau makes some ground with clearing longstanding treaties with Canadian Aboriginals. The sooner we get these cleared the better.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You do realize that BCC is a provincial jail and NOT a federal prison though, right?
You should read more and talk less. The report is by the federal govt and they should be supplying the inmates with the needed lawyers.

But a federal auditor general's report released in March remains harshly critical of corrections in Nunavut. "The Department of Justice has not met its key responsibilities for inmates within the correctional system," it concludes.
That assessment was echoed by an email from a senior Nunavut bureaucrat to Justice Minister Paul Okalik earlier this year. Deputy justice minister Elizabeth Sanderson wrote: "Nunavut is likely in significant breach of constitutional obligations towards remanded accused and inmates ... and faces a high risk of civil liability towards inmates, staff and members of the public."

As long as he forgets his promise to rekindle the long gun registry I'm happy. Actually the more promises he breaks the better off we are.
Then he can be one of the good old boys right?