Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
SNC-Lavalin CEO goes on media offence

TORONTO - The head of SNC-Lavalin says its role as a Canadian global champion will be undermined if the embattled engineering firm is barred from bidding on federal contracts and its local employees are forced to work for foreign competitors.
In an interview with The Canadian Press, Neil Bruce says the Montreal-based company, unlike the Trudeau government, has never cited the protection of 9,000 Canadian jobs as a reason it should be granted a remediation agreement to avoid a criminal trial.
However, he says there's a public interest for such an agreement because its well-qualified employees will be forced to work for U.S. or European competitors if it is barred from bidding on federal contracts for a decade.
SNC-Lavalin faces accusations it paid bribes to get government business in Libya — a criminal case that has triggered a political storm and cost Prime Minister Justin Trudeau two cabinet ministers and his most trusted adviser.
Bruce says about 75 per cent of the company's rivals have concluded deferred prosecution agreements in their host countries and are free to work in Canada.
Meanwhile, Bruce says he still doesn't know why a federal official and former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould were not open to granting a remediation agreement.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
NEWS FLASH!!!

... dee-de-dee-de-dee-dee-dit-dit ....

Another woman Liberal member of Caucus has quit!!

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/mp-celina-caesar-chavannes-quits-liberal-caucus/ar-BBV1voy

Let's see, now. That's three women members of caucus (two were Cabinet Ministers!) one Clerk of the Privy Council and la Grande Fromage of the PMO gone because of fake news!

"It's all a merry mix-up!"
says the Prime Minister walking away from the smouldering wreckage, dragging his dinged parachute behind him.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Oh vey! I would have though that if he goes all spiritual, it will be something to do with seagrams and the bronfmans.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Conservative MP, Candice Bergen calls Trudeau what he is.
A FAKE FEMINIST.

While yet another of his female MP's resigns in the wake of the SNC LAVALIN scandal.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hey , look over there .

STUPID TWIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdn judges have been TRYING to tell Cdn politicians how to run things for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at Doug Ford and the "Not withstanding clause" over Toronto Silly Hall council size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or look at our Supreme Court telling us that foreign trespassers and terrorists should have the same civil rights as Cdn citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or look at LIE-beral hug a thug judges deciding they will give criminals held in jail without bail- because they are really a MENACE AND NEEDED TO BE LOCKED UP....................................................

and instead judges gave them that WONDERFUL -THREE FOR ONE deal in which each day in jail counts as THREE DAYS once the sloppy, lazy, seek any excuse to hug a thug, legal system gets around to sentencing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Under that three for one deal some thugs are completely escaping any real sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And doing three for one time in a some local holding cell is MUCH EASIER than doing HARD TIME in Collins Bay Pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS proof- just look at the Toronto Sun expose of the gang banger in Toronto Don Jail enjoying his catered steak and Lobster tail meals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

A FAKE FEMINIST.

While yet another of his female MP's resigns in the wake of the SNC LAVALIN scandal.

Things appear to be getting interesting, I was wondering when the other shoe would drop.

Philpott says Trudeau hiding the truth on SNC-Lavalin story

Jane Philpott says there is much more to the SNC-Lavalin story, much more for Canadians to hear, but Justin Trudeau doesn’t want the truth to get out.

“I believe we actually owe it to Canadians as politicians to ensure that they have the truth. They need to have confidence in the very basic constitutional principle of the independence of the justice system,” Philpott told Wells.

SNC-Lavalin never mentioned 9,000 potential job losses, CEO says

“There would be a reduction with us but these are talented folks. They’ll get a job,” Bruce said.

“This thing that somehow they’re going to be unemployed is not true because they are highly qualified, highly experienced people.”

I think little spud should buckle up, the ride is about to get a bit bumpier.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
A FAKE FEMINIST.

Even feminists feminists themselves can't a gree on a definition of feminism; we we can't even define what a feminist is, then how do we define a fake feminist in contract to that? The word essentially has whatever meaning a person wants to give it nowadays. It's essentially become a meaningless word.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A politician telling a judge how to rule wouldn't even show up on the radar in the United States. Those from there who actually know what they're talking about must wonder what all of the fuss is about in Canada.

The President of the United States is more corrupt than Caligula and Little Potato may be in over his head but he is hardly "Mr.Big".

I think your feelings are hurt. I think you are in love with Justin's socks.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Jane Philpott: ‘There’s much more to the story that needs to be told’

Q: Now there’s an Ethics Commissioner investigation. Michael Wernick seemed to have a lot of confidence in the Ethics Commissioner. Do you think that can capture everything that needs capturing?
A: My sense is that they will not have the appropriate tools to be able to get at all of this.
Q: What’s missing?
A: If nothing wrong took place, then why don’t we waive privilege on the whole issue and let those who have something to say on it speak their minds and share their stories?

Q: All of this has been raised in the context of something called the Shawcross doctrine. Part of the Shawcross doctrine holds that if an attorney general feels that she is the subject of inappropriate pressure, she should resign immediately. Is that your understanding of the doctrine, and what do you say to people, including Gerry Butts and others, who asked why she didn’t raise it at the time?
A: I would not consider myself an expert on the Shawcross doctrine. But I have heard people raise that concern. Here’s what I would have to say about that — and of course the former attorney general is the person who can best speak for why she didn’t resign at the time. I see it as her having her finger in the dike. She essentially singlehandedly was upholding the independence of the justice system on this criminal trial — supported of course by the fact that the Director of Public Prosecution was the first one who said they don’t qualify for a DPA, based on law that was put in place in our last budget bill. So that was where the decision was made. The former AG didn’t want to override that, and she had her finger in the dike and said no repeatedly. She may have felt that, if she were to resign, that that would put the independence of the justice system at risk.
There’s one answer to that. Another answer to that is, from the perspective of somebody who is under pressure and perhaps being harassed, it’s incredibly hard – if you talk to people who are harassed in any capacity, to maintain relationships and to find the right time to be able to speak up about the fact that you are being treated that way. So you know, I think if you look at examples of other types of bullying or harassment, it’s not necessarily as easy as people might think to speak to those who are inflicting it upon you.
Q: Mr. Butts said, essentially, ‘Come on, this doesn’t rise to the level of harassment, or bugging, or even sustained engagement. It’s 20 interactions over four months. It’s two phone calls and two meetings per month.’
A: The constitutional principle of the independence of the justice system is such that the attorney general of our country should not be subjected to political interference in any way. Whether there is one attempt to interfere or whether there are 20 attempts to interfere, that crosses ethical and constitutional lines...……..much more in link

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well Janie may have just ended any hope that she will run again as liberal in the coming election.

The goods news is that after her interview with MacLeans wherein she accused the little potato of cover-up there remains no barrier to her rising in the HOC and spilling her guts as she has quite effectively made herself a pariah in the eyes of the party faithful and thus has nothing to lose.

Enough sniping from the sidelines. No more interviews to news magazines. No more letters to constituents. If these women have something to say then the call shouldn't be 'Let Her Speak', it should be 'Stand Up and Speak'.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

It would befit you to provide some accreditation for this, Cliffy.

I will take issue with the comments regarding the SNC Lavalin affair. I don't doubt that Mr Scheer may very well have tried to accommodate the company's request for a DPA. The difference between Andrew and the little potato is that the former actually has a functioning brain. Mr Scheer would have ensured that the DPA clause was in long before it was needed. Having done so there would be no need for a frantic last minute dash to get it into a 300-page Omnibus bill which is exactly what the liberals did - and this after JT's continual attacks on Mr Harper for his use of the bill. Further, there would have been no need to intercede on behalf of the company thus putting the Rule of Law at peril.

I believe this is a perfect example of why so many of us felt that 'he's just not ready' slogan fit the liberal leader to a T.