Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMafia
Unfortunate, but 'Yes' is the correct answer.

PS Putin is not Jewish, the Netherlands and friends would be as close as it comes to finding 'real' Jewish Royals such as the ones in Russia that were recently exterminated just because of that.

See a pattern yet?

Yes.............we see the pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You repeatedly demonstrate your insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you repeatedly demonstrate your irrational hatred of Jews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pattern is very clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad that LIE-berals will not compel you to get the mental health treatment you so badly NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Did you work for a government, too pigs?
Everyday the government took a portion of my pay , sometimes as much as 50% . So yes I spent my life working for government , fortunately they left me enough to be comfortable. What happened to you ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Everyday the government took a portion of my pay , sometimes as much as 50% . So yes I spent my life working for government , fortunately they left me enough to be comfortable. What happened to you ?
Still working for the government as a manufacturer.

That's "MANU" and "FACTURE" something you've never tried in Lotus Land.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The old guard weighing in is it helping or hurting the Trudeau brand?

Sheila Copps Stands By Controversial Twitter Statements About Jody Wilson-Raybould

Former deputy prime minister Sheila Copps is not backing down from comments she online made about Jody Wilson-Raybould that generated controversy over the weekend.
Copps isn't generally a big Twitter user: until last Monday, she had only tweeted three times since the beginning of the year. But in the last week, she's sent off dozens of tweets about former justice minister Wilson Raybould's testimony about the SNC-Lavalin affair.
The most widely-circulated tweets had Copps facing criticism of racism and of sexist language, charges she disputes as "cheap shots."
Copps says that when she wrote of the prime minister's feminist credentials that "Trudeau has not said b**** to anyone. Even though it may apply," she was not suggesting that the word apply to either Wilson-Raybould or former Treasury Board president Jane Philpott.
"I was pointing out the fact that Trudeau always uses very gentlemanly language, but perhaps be could be a little tougher," she told HuffPost Canada in a phone interview on Sunday. She feels the prime minister was betrayed by Wilson-Raybould, and she thinks betrayal should be met with strong words.
"Perhaps if I had a larger Twitter feed, I should have said, perhaps a noun will apply, but not that one," she said.
"I would never call anyone a b****. I've been called a b**** too many times myself," she added.
Another tweet that sparked controversy tapped into the argument made by Trudeau and his former top aide that they urged Wilson-Raybould to consider the 9,000 jobs they say were at stake in the SNC-Lavalin case.
Copps theorized that Wilson-Raybould would have reacted differently if the 9,000 jobs had been held by Indigenous people.
"I don't see anything racist about that at all," Copps said. "I believe that."
"Had the potential cost in jobs been Vancouver-based, or in her community, she would have looked at it differently. Your background informs your experience, and that's pretty logical in politics."
She doesn't agree that that position implies that Wilson-Raybould was working for Indigenous communities more than the general public: "No, no. I never said that," she said, before politely excusing herself to deal with an octopus she was pressure-cooking.
"Anybody who knows me knows I'm not a racist," she says. "There is a higher test for women, for minorities, for Indigenous people. For sure. Sadly, it's not fair."
When asked if her comment about Wilson-Raybould perpetuated that double standard, Copps said no, that she simply commenting on the former minister's background informing her choices.
"I went to my first powwow when I was eight years old, and I've spent my life working for Indigenous empowerment. Anybody who says otherwise just doesn't know what they're talking about."
Some critics also took issue with Copps' use of the phrase "the aboriginal agenda" on the grounds that it made Indigenous issues sound menacing. Copps says she's baffled by that, because to her the phrase has only positive connotations. It's not a phrase she'll stop using, she says: "An Indigenous agenda is a positive thing. That's part of reconciliation.
Copps believes her record on Indigenous issues while she was heritage minister speaks for itself. And she says she's received hundreds of messages of support from people who agree with what she's said.
But she added that she's unlikely to turn to Twitter in the future.
"It's not really a good place to have a dialogue. It sets itself up as kind of [a place to have] a dialogue, but really it's just like people bashing each other over the head."

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Judge weighs in after Gerald Butts' testimony at justice committee

A very good point about Butts saying they wanted the AG to hire a 'second opinion", that she says was problematic and says much about the situation for sure.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
According to one member of this forum It's the JOOS at it again!

Hey Celina Caesar-Chavannes! Don't let that Mackdaddy Justin Trudeau talk to you any kinda way!

Arana Nation
Published on Mar 11, 2019

Former Trudeau porch monkey turned brave independent hero Celina Caesar-Chavannes alleged Justin the tackey headed Mackdaddy son of satan quasi Zionist Trudeau yelled at her for refusing to run in the 2019 Federal election. Arana Nation stands with Chavannes and advises her to NOT allow this Montreal slim pimp to talk to her any kinda way! #JustinTrudeau #Cdnpoli #Lavscam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=farXyxNdaKo&t=485s

If you can't tell the difference between Zionists (Apartheid racists who interfere in EVERYBODY'S governments) and "Joos" ( many of whom, as we have seen, also hate Apartheid Zionists ), it's only because you choose to do so.
;)
Racism much?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
futher:
SNC's purchase of the Candu business, announced late Wednesday, was hailed by investors Thursday, with shares rising $2.33 – or 4 per cent – to $58.88. SNC's share price has been climbing all week after The Globe and Mail reported the company was close to finalizing the long-pending AECL deal.

Analysts applauded the Montreal-based engineering firm for acquiring the nuclear assets at a nominal price while leaving the federal government with the liabilities. They expect a disciplined, long-term growth strategy that will have little impact on SNC's bottom line initially.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glo...t-candu-profits-not-guaranteed/article589523/

Guess who got the liabilities?
:)
Also as I posted before, Quebec pension owns a very big chunk of SMC lavolin.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The issue that the SNC Lavalin situation exposes is a major problem in jurisprudence throughout the West, That is, it holds corporations rather than individuals responsible for criminal acts.

Lavalin did not commit a crime. Its Chief Executive and Senior Directors allegedly committed those crimes expecting that any consequences would accrue only to the company and not to themselves. Hence any repercussions would be imposed on an entity without a soul or, a will or, sentience or, a conscience. It is something that could be written off as a business expense.

This was a major instigator of the financial collapse of 2008. In that crisis all the consequences for the greed and criminallity of the chief executives and traders of the investment banks and the gobal insurers was shucked off by their corporate legal armour. These parasites remained unpunished, in fact, indemnified and rewarded by government largesse and bailouts.

In the Lavalin case the law is indicting an organization thereby holding completely innocent employees culpable for the crimes of its executives. The exectives of the corporation are in essence using them as human shields. Clearing up this artifice of justice would hold the promise of placing real deterrants in the judicial system and prosecuting real criminals rather than their surrogates.

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The issue that the SNC Lavalin situation exposes is a major problem in jurisprudence throughout the West, That is, it holds corporations rather than individuals responsible for criminal acts.

Lavalin did not commit a crime. Its Chief Executive and Senior Directors allegedly committed those crimes expecting that any consequences would accrue only to the company and not to themselves. Hence any repercussions would be imposed on an entity without a soul or, a will or, sentience or, a conscience. It is something that could be written off as a business expense.

This was a major instigator of the financial collapse of 2008. In that crisis all the consequences for the greed and criminallity of the chief executives and traders of the investment banks and the gobal insurers was shucked off by their corporate legal armour. These parasites remained unpunished, in fact, indemnified and rewarded by government largesse and bailouts.

In the Lavalin case the law is indicting an organization thereby holding completely innocent employees culpable for the crimes of its executives. The exectives of the corporation are in essence using them as human shields. Clearing up this artifice of justice would hold the promise of placing real deterrants in the judicial system and prosecuting real criminals rather than their surrogates.
As Ms Copps mused, the former AG would have been able to arrange a DPA if it was 9000 first nations jobs on the line.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your argument reminds me of the armed robber who was finally arrested after committing multiple thefts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the THIEF demands that the judge give him clemency because even though he robbed people.........

he did not take ALL their money.......................

he always left them enough for bus fare...............................

so they could get out of the bad neighborhood quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every post on this site made by LIE-berals is an ongoing attempt to DEFEND LIE-beral BIAS in favour of shameless HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
futher:
SNC's purchase of the Candu business, announced late Wednesday, was hailed by investors Thursday, with shares rising $2.33 – or 4 per cent – to $58.88. SNC's share price has been climbing all week after The Globe and Mail reported the company was close to finalizing the long-pending AECL deal.

Analysts applauded the Montreal-based engineering firm for acquiring the nuclear assets at a nominal price while leaving the federal government with the liabilities. They expect a disciplined, long-term growth strategy that will have little impact on SNC's bottom line initially.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glo...t-candu-profits-not-guaranteed/article589523/

Guess who got the liabilities?
:)
Also as I posted before, Quebec pension owns a very big chunk of SMC lavolin.

OH WHAT A FINE DELUSIONAL LIE-beral post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not add up the number of countries that ALREADY HAD nuclear reactors when Lavalin made the purchase in 2011??????

Why not mention that India built its first atomic bombs using fuel and knowledge from the CANDU REACTOR we sold them!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that there ARE NO NEW CUSTOMERS FOR CANDU????????????????????

Why not admit that there ARE NO third world countries left to sell Candu reactors to????????????????????

Certainly there are NO third world countries left that we can SAFELY sell Candu reactors to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that Other countries such as Britain and France now have MORE KNOWLEDGE and more modern nuclear product than Cdns do - thanks to those nuclear powered submarines they run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not ask exactly what Lavalin actually BOUGHT??????????????????????

Why not admit that LIE-beral govts of David Peterson and Dalton McGinty and NDP govt of Bob Rae were all DISGUSTED by the cost over runs and time over runs for repairing and refurbishing Ontari-owe nuclear reactors?????????????????

Why not admit that ONTARI-OWE LIE-beral govt has put the operation of Cdn nuclear reactors into the hands of PRIVATE SECTOR in hope of getting more reliable operations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that AECL TRIED AND FAILED - after WASTING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS - trying to build a new nuclear reactor for the production of medical isotopes to replace the ANTIQUE Chalk River reactor???????????????????????????

Why not admit that whining about Harper selling off a costly and inefficient Crown Corporation was BETTER FOR CDN taxpayers since Hog ability to hold us to ransom BECAME MORE LIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just admit that nuclear power operations in Canada HAVE ALWAYS enjoyed LIMITED EXPOSURE to legal liability in the event of an accident???????

Why not just admit that LIE-berals are FRANTIC to shift the blame for their Lavalin scandal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that LIE-berals are MORTIFIED that it was Harper sponsored legislation which caught them up in the Lavalin scandal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why not just admit that THERE IS MORE YET TO LEARN ABOUT LAVALIN????????????????????

After all the Quebec provincial Charbonneau Inquiry DID NOT HAVE THE MANDATE to pursue the matter fully- that is why when a witness told the court that MULTIPLE ENGINEERING FIRMS WERE INVOLVED IN ELECTION FRAUD...........NOTHING WAS DONE AS CHARBONNEAU WAS NOT AUTHORIZED to investigate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that a major reason LIE-berals are now in trouble is because they are PRETENDING there is nothing to left investigate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not admit that every time a LIE-beral shoots if his mouth about Lavalin..............he ends up shooting off more of his own toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Judge weighs in after Gerald Butts' testimony at justice committee

A very good point about Butts saying they wanted the AG to hire a 'second opinion", that she says was problematic and says much about the situation for sure.

Another of many very good points (starts about 9 minutes in) states that this isn't about the role of the Attorney General but about the role of the PMO, & that this 'Justice Committee' is run by a Liberal majority under the thumb of the PMO's office (which is the office under examination) so no independence and very partisan so unable to make unbiased decisions, and that Mr. Butts's evidence was problematic at best around the rule of law. That the legal strategy of the PMO's office to continually harass JW/R was very flawed, and an outside unbiased investigative group with the ability to call witness's by subpoena & under oath to conduct this investigation under the rule of law. That it doesn't make sense that Butts had the ability to speak freely about everything & anything but that Wilson/Raybould was partially gagged. She summed up Butt's testimony and the actions of the Office of the PM as not credible.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Another of many very good points (starts about 9 minutes in) states that this isn't about the role of the Attorney General but about the role of the PMO, & that this 'Justice Committee' is run by a Liberal majority under the thumb of the PMO's office (which is the office under examination) so no independence and very partisan so unable to make unbiased decisions, and that Mr. Butts's evidence was problematic at best around the rule of law. That the legal strategy of the PMO's office to continually harass JW/R was very flawed, and an outside unbiased investigative group with the ability to call witness's by subpoena & under oath to conduct this investigation under the rule of law. That it doesn't make sense that Butts had the ability to speak freely about everything & anything but that Wilson/Raybould was partially gagged. She summed up Butt's testimony and the actions of the Office of the PM as not credible.
Frankly, Ron they can end the hearing any time now. I don't care to hear another witness's version of the 'truth'. Isn't going to happen. A full public inquiry is the only way we might get to the real truth behind all the innuendo and accusations. Even then, I doubt we will ever really know what happened.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

“The OECD Working Group on Bribery is concerned by recent allegations of interference in the prosecution of SNC-Lavalin that are subject to proceedings in the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights,” said the OECD in a statement.

“As a Party to the Anti-Bribery Convention, Canada is fully committed to complying with the Convention, which requires prosecutorial independence in foreign bribery cases pursuant to Article 5. In addition, political factors such as a country’s national economic interest and the identity of the alleged perpetrators must not influence foreign bribery investigations and prosecutions.”

The statement continued, noting OECD anti-bribery officials “will closely monitor Canada’s updates, and has also sent a letter to the Canadian authorities confirming its concerns and next steps in this matter.” The warning from the organization puts Trudeau and his Liberals on notice that the world is watching their handling of the matter.

Trudeau, however, has so far insisted none of the discussions he and top officials have admitted to having with Wilson-Raybould between September and December 2018 were “inappropriate,” and maintained they were entirely focused on protecting jobs he says could be at risk. However, neither he nor his officials have provided any evidence of that.

Members of the House of Commons justice committee, which is holding meetings with witnesses involved in the matter, have asked repeatedly for evidence that job losses would result if SNC-Lavalin did not get a deal to help it escape criminal trial.

In SNC-Lavalin’s case, conviction of the corruption and fraud charges it faces would result in a 10-year ban on bidding for government contracts.
Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick did note, however, that officials believed the “tanking” share prices of SNC-Lavalin after it announced it had not been invited to negotiate such a deal constituted “new facts” that warranted officials continuing to pressure Wilson-Raybould to re-examine her decision not to intervene. (On average at least once a week for four months???)

As part of his testimony, Wernick pushed back at claims that the government cannot consider the “national economic interest” in deciding whether to pursue a deferred prosecution agreement. The legislation creating such deals as a legal option in Canada states that prosecutors cannot consider that when deciding whether to offer a deal.

The OECD statement, though, specifically highlighted the provision banning consideration of the national economic interest in flagging its concerns about the SNC-Lavalin affair.

Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion launched an investigation last month but his office has declined to confirm whether that remains ongoing.

The House of Commons justice committee has also been holding meetings with witnesses involved in the allegations, including Wilson-Raybould, Wernick, and Gerald Butts, former principal secretary to Trudeau. Liberal members of the committee have so far blocked an attempt by opposition members to invite Wilson-Raybould back to the committee to answer questions raised by the testimony by Butts as well as Wernick, who testified for the second time last week in response to her testimony in the previous week.

(From the Copy&Paste Interwebs Lawyer & Climatologist)

Last edited: