Trudeau Was a Disaster for Canada

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau did the most important thing for Canada which is he brought back Canadian identity to all Canadians.
I knew I was a Canadian before Turdoh came to power, I never lost that identity.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Cliffy

We are all DPs here, Dude. There was a culture here for 10 thousand years until European invasion. Since then all we have had is mindless consumer capitalism. unless, of course, you think a rape and pillage mentality is culture

Well said Cliffy though we can't forget to live in the present ,that all there is .

I knew I was a Canadian before Turdoh came to power, I never lost that identity.[/FONT]
I felt being a Canadian when I become a Citizen in 1967 .Following year , a tragedy struck.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Liberalman

What is that Canadian identity you are talking about ; please explain .All that he brought me is a big dislike of liberals and a destruction of prosperity to the western Canadians .
Explain ....what is the Canadian identity , how do you recognize it and how did he bring it .
Have you ever bin outside of Canada ?
Waiting for your reply .

That is the toronto version of the Canadian identity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Truth About Trudeau by Bob Plamondon

If you hate Pierre, read it. It will help you define and defend your feelings.

If you think he was the greatest PM ever, read it. It will give you great pause........

Wonderful book.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I knew I was a Canadian before Turdoh came to power, I never lost that identity.[/FONT]

..............And I didn't feel all that ****ing multicultural after he left.

Cliffy

Well said Cliffy though we can't forget to live in the present ,that all there is .

I felt being a Canadian when I become a Citizen in 1967 .Following year , a tragedy struck.

You learned to type ? A tragedy for us also.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Gerry must admit I saw David's name too and said credibility Zero.
Why do so many people line their argument with people Like David
Frum or worse the Fraser Institute.
Trudeau the worst? Give me a break Trudeau is a guy personally I
didn't care for although he didn't create a disaster. Mulroney was the
worst and Harper will soon compete for the title of Worst PM.
It almost seems like the Tories come once in a generation like the locust
they destroy human advancement then everyone else spends their
time cleaning up after them. This time like the pine beetle the Tories
have hung around and we need a big electorate cold shoulder to get rid
of them, they are pests

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
all Canadian PMs since nineteen and seventy-four have been exactly the same, bank (BIS) slaves. If you can see a difference, you're a very special person and should be in a cage at the circus.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
On September 27th, I debated Lawrence Martin at the Museum of Civilization in Ottawa on the resolution that Pierre Trudeau was Canada’s most disastrous prime minister.Trudeau’s fault.

What is the point of the above? Is it supposed to lend weight to the argument that followed? All it did for me was make me disinclined to spend my time on the voluminous text it was advertising. Personally I would say Lyin' Brian Mulrooner was the biggest loser PM of my lifetime, but opinions are like certain body parts - everybody has one.

Gerry must admit I saw David's name too and said credibility Zero. Why do so many people line their argument with people Like David Frum or worse the Fraser Institute. Trudeau the worst? Give me a break Trudeau is a guy personally I
didn't care for although he didn't create a disaster. Mulroney was the worst and Harper will soon compete for the title of Worst PM. It almost seems like the Tories come once in a generation like the locust they destroy human advancement then everyone else spends their time cleaning up after them. This time like the pine beetle the Tories have hung around and we need a big electorate cold shoulder to get rid of them, they are pests

I agree with you 100%. It is said of the Tories that when in power they inevitably circle their wagons and fire inwards. They keep forgetting that Canada is and always has been small "l" liberal. Periodically the reigning liberals (of whatever name) piss enough of us off at the same time that we dump them. The Tories then magically assume that means we want to change the way we have always been, so they piss us off and we toss them out for another lengthy time in the political wilderness. Give Mr. Harper too much more time and he will have arranged for us all to have shares in Exxon and honorary American citizenship. The US is no longer free and we are. No thanks, Mr. Harper.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Gerry must admit I saw David's name too and said credibility Zero.
Why do so many people line their argument with people Like David
Frum or worse the Fraser Institute.

How about because they are most often right.

What is the point of the above? Is it supposed to lend weight to the argument that followed? All it did for me was make me disinclined to spend my time on the voluminous text it was advertising. Personally I would say Lyin' Brian Mulrooner was the biggest loser PM of my lifetime, but opinions are like certain body parts - everybody has one.

I agree with you 100%. It is said of the Tories that when in power they inevitably circle their wagons and fire inwards. They keep forgetting that Canada is and always has been small "l" liberal. Periodically the reigning liberals (of whatever name) piss enough of us off at the same time that we dump them. The Tories then magically assume that means we want to change the way we have always been, so they piss us off and we toss them out for another lengthy time in the political wilderness. Give Mr. Harper too much more time and he will have arranged for us all to have shares in Exxon and honorary American citizenship. The US is no longer free and we are. No thanks, Mr. Harper.

Having shares in Exxon would be good for your retirement fund unless like most on the far left you intend to sponge off the taxpayer for the rest of your life.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Having shares in Exxon would be good for your retirement fund unless like most on the far left you intend to sponge off the taxpayer for the rest of your life.

The joke is generally on those lefties that plan on sponging off society for retirement.... State sponsored payments generally don't increase with inflation and the Feds/Prov always raise taxes to fund the 'freebies' that are expected.

Ironic

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013

Far left? Coming from the mouths of babes, LOL.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Far left? Coming from the mouths of babes, LOL.

Perhaps when you reach puberty you will understand. It is difficult to explain to youngsters that have grown up with left leaning governments where center really is. Harper (our current PM) is about center in the grand scheme of things.
Now run along back to your sandbox while the adults have a conversation.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
David Frum started offf as a speechwriter for Dubya, didn't he? Then he got turned off by the whole Neo-con / Tea Party GOP meltdowna dn spoke out against that, so he was reviled in some Republican circles, though (mostly because he turned out to be right) maintained street cred as a conservative.

That said, debates don't detmerine history. Pundits--not just Frum, but all of them--tend to be so consumed by the now that I find they have a poor understanding of history. Trudeau was a man of his place and time--his Jesuit teachings, Quebec in the 30's and 40's. Not easily amenable to our political and moral standards of today.

As a politician he was certainly a success, because he repeatedly won elections and rose to lead his party. I was just a little kid in his final days, so I don't really know about this NEP stuff and Quebec separation. I remember his picture in the classroom. :lol:

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
As a politician he [Trudeau] was certainly a success, because he repeatedly won elections and rose to lead his party. I was just a little kid in his final days, so I don't really know about this NEP stuff and Quebec separation. I remember his picture in the classroom. :lol:

Typical was the election where his platform was, 'If you elect me I'll quit,' and he won. Like all successful PM's he lasted so long that everybody wanted to boot him out. Then Joe Who came in and lasted just long enough to look stupid. Then we got really dumb and elected Lyin' Brian. He was a disaster. His government was known in Ottawa circles as the 5% government because federal contract bids needed to add an extra 5% for a PC donation.