Trudeau on climate change: ‘Indigenous peoples have known for thousands of years how

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I just found great humor in... I think he was talking about Canada's indigenous were eco-friendly.... as opposed to eco-unfriendly United States indigenous.
lol.

Indigenous peoples were also much better at killing themselves which could also be good for the environment.
huh? Not nearly as adept as Europeans with their firesticks and biological warfare were at killing indigenous folks.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Trudeau speeches are like a high school kid who is making a speech to get a subject grade.

So phoney, it doesn't sound adult at all!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Trudeau speeches are like a high school kid who is making a speech to get a subject grade.

So phoney, it doesn't sound adult at all!!
Kinda like your rants, eh!

History = His Story. To the victor goes the history. 90% of it is BS.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
For one reason, there were no native villages or groups numbering several hundreds on our prairies. The conclusions i arrive at are mostly based in the stories of my people, who are natives, or did you not know that you arrogant dork? I am just not one to BS about natives or whites.

You sure about that Skuki/ I know there were villages with at least two thousand on the coast. At least in the winter. Summers they tended to spread out to hunt and fish and take slaves. ANd all the other fun things in life.

Kinda like your rants, eh!

History = His Story. To the victor goes the history. 90% of it is BS.

Not to be confused with herstory. Which is often more accurate.

The Press Gallery on Power Play tonight expressed concern that Trudeau is being ambiguous in promising to meet a higher level of reductions in greenhouse gases emissions and while he tells his plans on how to achieve his goals, he has not actually set a goal in terms of numbers. First of all he should be setting a realistic goal of what to aim for.
They also pointed out that the last three goals Canada has set have not been reached.
It all sounds like a lot of dithering. While the intentions are good, is anything really being accomplished?

SFA is being accomplished. But hey, the rich and famous and a lot of bureaucraps get to jet to exotic destinations every year to complain about our carbon footprint. Good thing all their private jets are solar powered.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
You sure about that Skuki/ I know there were villages with at least two thousand on the coast. At least in the winter. Summers they tended to spread out to hunt and fish and take slaves. ANd all the other fun things in life.

The prairie natives could not feed themselves in those numbers in either winter or summer. They had no clams to dig and needed to follow the game as they did not grow food. They were very good at foraging but not farmers. Those in the north were also not in large groups for the same reason.
Don't forget the natives here ate long pig.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
For one reason, there were no native villages or groups numbering several hundreds on our prairies. The conclusions i arrive at are mostly based in the stories of my people, who are natives, or did you not know that you arrogant dork? I am just not one to BS about natives or whites.

I notice you did not attempt to answer my question, and that tells me that you probably can't. I am sad to read that you consider yourself aboriginal as you seem completely ignorant of your own history to the point of actually insulting your ancestors or did you just make up that part of your post because you thought claiming to be aboriginal would impress anyone who read it?.

BTW did you think I actually did not research my post? Unlike you when I attempt to make a point I research it first. Try googling buffalo jump and attempt to become better acquainted with your own culture. For your information the aboriginal population of the prairies has been estimated at about 30,000 prior to the arrival of Europeans and aboriginal groups generally banded together in groups of about 80 to 250.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trudeau on climate change: ‘Indigenous peoples have known for thousands of years how to care for our planet’

Trudeau on climate change: ‘Indigenous peoples have known for thousands of years how to care for our planet’ | National Post

Really? Killing the entire neighbors tribe including the babies, took care of the planet? Chasing several hundred Buffalo over a cliff and eating perhaps 10 took care of the planet? My people are just other humans, it appears you did not know that.
C'mon Trudeau, it appears that the title has gone to your head, geez, I am embarrassed!
and christians killing several million buffaloe to defeat the sioux is intelligent?
woman and baby killing white custard folks are so full of it
super full of it even

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
lol.

huh? Not nearly as adept as Europeans with their firesticks and biological warfare were at killing indigenous folks.

Maybe during those particular conflicts but even then their populations were bigger by that time.

Generally, tribal disputes show greater likelihood of death than modern warfare.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Maybe during those particular conflicts but even then their populations were bigger by that time.

Generally, tribal disputes show greater likelihood of death than modern warfare.
What are you talking about? You do realize it was the Dutch that introduced scalping and bounty hunting, right. The only thing we know about history is what the Europeans wrote. The oral history of the people was quite different.

But to Trudeau's point, when the first explorers came here there were vast forest (less than 5% of old growth remains) there were massive herds of buffalo, deer, elk,etc., salmon runs that numbered in the millions, Cabot wrote that his ships could not move through the waters because the cod were so thick. The Europeans raped paradise and put up a parking lot. Compared to the Europeans, the indigenous people lived in harmony with nature.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I notice you did not attempt to answer my question, and that tells me that you probably can't. I am sad to read that you consider yourself aboriginal as you seem completely ignorant of your own history to the point of actually insulting your ancestors or did you just make up that part of your post because you thought claiming to be aboriginal would impress anyone who read it?.

BTW did you think I actually did not research my post? Unlike you when I attempt to make a point I research it first. Try googling buffalo jump and attempt to become better acquainted with your own culture. For your information the aboriginal population of the prairies has been estimated at about 30,000 prior to the arrival of Europeans and aboriginal groups generally banded together in groups of about 80 to 250.

Research? Hahahahaha! Most of the groups of Cree did not have large gatherings other than social occasions. Nehiyawak people (which i am not from) had the largest summer gatherings.
Other than that i have no intention of attempting to school a know it all.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What are you talking about? You do realize it was the Dutch that introduced scalping and bounty hunting, right. The only thing we know about history is what the Europeans wrote. The oral history of the people was quite different.

But to Trudeau's point, when the first explorers came here there were vast forest (less than 5% of old growth remains) there were massive herds of buffalo, deer, elk,etc., salmon runs that numbered in the millions, Cabot wrote that his ships could not move through the waters because the cod were so thick. The Europeans raped paradise and put up a parking lot. Compared to the Europeans, the indigenous people lived in harmony with nature.

As long you don't count the North American megafauna extinction caused by indigenous people of course.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
>shit trudeau says

anyway, so that propagandic crying indian dood was all fork-tongued medicine. ironic init?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
This guy is such a total lightweight.

With this statement, he's managed to discard the entire scientific progression of human society by way of technology and science.. from the times of primitive hunter gatherers... where famine and disease caused regular die offs.. and for an economy that could support only small fraction of what a modern scientific agriculture can support (a major emitter of carbons). He's a true believer in the myth of the noble savage.

He is presenting himself to world as world as doddering, sentimental fool. Quite inconsequential, in fact.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

erm huh?

This guy is such a total lightweight.
And you are not? hahaha

With this statement, he's managed to discard the entire scientific progression of human society by way of technology and science.. from the times of primitive hunter gatherers... where famine and disease caused regular die offs.. and for an economy that could support only small fraction of what a modern scientific agriculture can support (a major emitter of carbons). He's a true believer in the myth of the noble savage.
gee whiz And in spite of being so inept at staying alive, the savages managed to increase the population of the planet, develop increasingly better tools, etc. for hundreds of thousands of years. Now we have a sweet, peaceful planet with pure air, water, and land and as the human population grows relatively unchecked, other species die off. It is some utopia to behold, alright.

I am presenting myself to world as world as doddering fool. Quite inconsequential, in fact.
There, I fixed your self-profiling assessment for you. =) You are welcome.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It seems to me that most historians, or wannabe historians, white or otherwise, tend to interpret history to fit their own ideology!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I've seen more dead cars and deceased snowmobiles scattered around Res houses all across the country than in junkyards. The only thing that hides them are the massive billboards put up all over Res lands to earn some "workless" income. Guardians of the environment? ... Yeah. Right.