Trudeau Cabinet Lacks Diversity

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
... And he spent a number of years in politics in addition to deep experience as an economist.

Big difference between that and a part-time drama teacher with back-up as a snowboard instructor

Is it right to put down any occupation? If you can make money teaching snow board and you are good at it go for it. Is it any worse than teaching yoga or tight rope walking?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Fact is, he is dangerously inexperienced and has no real exposure to real life or even a senior portfolio in gvt, not to mention that he did spend a lot of time bilking charities for $20k or $30k a pop to speak when he was supposed to actually be in Parliament doing a job.

The true believers are already making excuses for him and he hasn't held that office for more than a few weeks.... That in and of itself has got to be some kind of record

He doesn't need any excuses. Charging money to speak to various groups is completely legal. His paid speaking engagements were in the evenings or weekends. The people paying money new what they were buying. They must have liked what they got if they came back for more.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Fact is, he is dangerously inexperienced and has no real exposure to real life or even a senior portfolio in gvt, not to mention that he did spend a lot of time bilking charities for $20k or $30k a pop to speak when he was supposed to actually be in Parliament doing a job.

The true believers are already making excuses for him and he hasn't held that office for more than a few weeks.... That in and of itself has got to be some kind of record

I hear you C.M. but he was democratically elected so there's a procedure we have to wait out. I feel a lot of intrepidation, as to his competence but maybe he's good at delegating and has lot of experts at his beck and call. I'd be more impressed if he'd spent a year pulling boards off a green chain.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Well you could have said that Justin Trudeau also taught English and French as well as math. I don't know what the hell Dwama means.......are you trying to imply that Justin Trudeau is gay????or something? For God's sake grow up...

Not really worth posting to my friend #jaun.
They're flailing around like fish on the dock.
Really it's to be expected.
After 9 years of repression and suppression
they can't understand freedom.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I hear you C.M. but he was democratically elected so there's a procedure we have to wait out. I feel a lot of intrepidation, as to his competence but maybe he's good at delegating and has lot of experts at his beck and call. I'd be more impressed if he'd spent a year pulling boards off a green chain.

What incompetent things has he done? When he first became leader he initially ran the party pretty shoddily. Since then he quite adeptly navigated the Conservative campaign juggernaut and the NDP's huge surge of popularity. His sudden majority victory was impressive. From third party and third in the polls to majority government. Now he's been PM for a week and have there been any real examples of incompetence?

Don't get me wrong. I don't like Trudeau for ideological reasons. But that's not what we're talking about here is it? You people seem to have a petty distaste for him.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
The cabinet is diverse. They are all dissimilar to each other. However, the cabinet is not a true representation of Canada. However, to do so, would be next to impossible. To truly achieve it, you would need to have proportional representation from each province, each ethnic group, each age group. So in short, the only issue here is Trudeau being an idiot trying to make himself look more full of sunshine and lollypops. 4 more years of that!

I agree, but to make a massive deal about having 3 more women in Cabinet than Stephen Harper did when you have twice as many women to choose from lends itself to people criticizing your pious attitude that you're so much more diverse than the last guy when you're clearly not.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree, but to make a massive deal about having 3 more women in Cabinet than Stephen Harper did when you have twice as many women to choose from lends itself to people criticizing your pious attitude that you're so much more diverse than the last guy when you're clearly not.

Why do they have more women to choose from? Hint: maybe it's because they are more diverse.

Though I'm just poking holes in your logic. I don't think the Liberals are that diverse. They have never really been a party of diversity.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You people seem to have a petty distaste for him.

Speaking for myself absolutely none as a person. Within about 48 hours of that picture of the dead boy on the beach, Justin promised to bring in 25,000 refugees by New Years (and of course he got the votes from the bleeding hearts) That is mainly how he won, in my estimation. Who in his/her right mind would make such a promise on short notice. If it happens it's going to have very little to do with Justin's efforts.

Last edited:

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
Why do they have more women to choose from? Hint: maybe it's because they are more diverse.

Though I'm just poking holes in your logic. I don't think the Liberals are that diverse. They have never really been a party of diversity.

If both Libs and Cons had 50% of the vote, 70% of women would have voted Liberal, and 70% of men would have voted Conservative. This does not make the Liberal supporters more diverse than the Conservative supporters. Now, since women are less likely to get into politics than men, you can see why the Liberals attract more women candidates.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If both Libs and Cons had 50% of the vote, 70% of women would have voted Liberal, and 70% of men would have voted Conservative. This does not make the Liberal supporters more diverse than the Conservative supporters. Now, since women are less likely to get into politics than men, you can see why the Liberals attract more women candidates.

Can't quite follow your reasoning. For one thing I'm sure many wives vote the same as their husband. I think the senior's vote may be weighted more toward the Conservatives as the Liberals represent a little more risk...........................in my estimation. A lot of it is also hit and miss............had the election been held on the day before or the day after the results may have been a lot different.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Within about 48 hours of that picture of the dead boy on the beach, Justin promised to bring in 25,000 refugees by New Years (and of course he got the votes from the bleeding hearts) That is mainly how he won, in my estimation.

Really? You think that's how he won?

Yeah, I'm not following this logic either.

Can't quite follow your reasoning. For one thing I'm sure many wives vote the same as their husband.

Have you checked a calendar lately? ;)

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fc4b0c87bc6fa768b37b312ab2c66cfc&oe=56F5997C

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Will he be fixing the diversity problem in his cabinet or is he going to stick with all the old white people.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You said it was mainly how he won. You're backtracking now? That's fine. Just admit it.

What am I back tracking on? It well could have been mainly how he won! I think you are "splitting hairs". :) What should I be admitting?