Trudeau - An Open Thread To Praise or Tear a New One

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Tuesday there was a blockade of sorts at Sutton Pass. Seems a few people on the wet coast are trying to keep the virus out of their communities. They are actively telling tourists to leave and new ones not to come in. Too bad trudOWE didn't do this when word of the pandemic first came out.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Liquor store closures reported in Manitoba

And reduced hours of operation for liquor stores in Ontari-owe as well!

If it comes to the point that closing liquor stores totally is required

then we are all screwed anyway!

It is my opinion that the March Break and then the two week shut down of schools in Ontari-owe

along with the other closures of sports and restaurants and such will buy us time!

I suspect that there is be REPEATING Eruptions of Wuhan VIrus - quite possibly for up to 18 months!

The latest news is that for each identified Wuhan carrier - there are 5 - 10 infected and not knowing it!

Social distancing is GOING TO BE NECESSARY for probably 18 months!

Stupid LIE-berals are just beginning to wake up to the scope and scale of the MESS we are in!

One had only to watch the evening news in Toronto earlier this week as the last airline flights brought Cdns home!

Some passengers naturally hugged and kissed family members !

While other passengers and families RAGED at the careless contact that MADE a MOCKERY of "social distancing"!

There is ever reason to think that Wuhan Virus will be like SARS - until LIE-berals get VERY SERIOUS abut quarantines!

At least SARS produced symptoms serious enough to show quickly - before a carrier could infect to many others!

Wuhan Virus is much more sneaky and will be harder for idiot LIE-berals to deal with!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Tuesday there was a blockade of sorts at Sutton Pass. Seems a few people on the wet coast are trying to keep the virus out of their communities. They are actively telling tourists to leave and new ones not to come in. Too bad trudOWE didn't do this when word of the pandemic first came out.

Here is a cautionary tale to illustrate how wildly careless and stupid Our idiot Boy Justin and his loser LIE-berals have been about containing Wuhan Virus and it proves they should have been MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE about closing the borders and limiting air travel!

An older couple I know of decided to celebrate their upcoming retirement with a FANCY family ski trip - Mom. Dad. And the 3 kids all in mid to late 20`s - booked a trip to a VERY FANCY ski area in Colorado - making the arrangements in late autumn 2019 and of course they paid in advance for the best deals!

And when departure date February 26, 2020 rolled around - the Wuhan Virus was RAGING across the planet - yet Our idiot LIE-berals had merely RECOMMENDED against travelling - but stopped short of an out right BAN! So that meant NO REFUND for the family if they chose to stay safely home!

The family discussed what to do and chose to take the trip anyway! Was it ego that they figured they were entitled and thus immune? Or was it frugality and the prospect of a major fiscal hit from lost deposits if they did not go? Who knows - the fact is they went - and had a wonderful two weeks!

The family of 5 came back to Canada in mid March and apparently considered themselves to be TO ENTITLED not to bother with voluntary self quarantine! The 3 sons went back to work and the parents went about their new retired person routines! Mom went off grocery shopping to replenish the fridge and Dad went to visit his elderly Mother at the old folks home! By coincidence Dad also had an aged aunt at the same home and a nice little family reunion was enjoyed by all!

Subsequently - Dad woke up one morning and decided he felt “funny” and ended up at his doctors office and was tested and declared positive for Wuhan Virus! And that launched the BIG SCRAMBLE as the movements and contacts of the family were traced!

The test results revealed that Dad, Mom and 2 of 3 sons also were carrying Wuhan Virus and were immediately put into quarantine! Tests of the aged at the old folks home are coming back negative at this time fortunately! However - our already over loaded health care system is now monitoring the old folks home as a probable site for a possible serious outbreak in the near future!

In addition our health care system is now chasing down contacts at the places where the 2 sons work! All of this testing and all of this expense and all of this PANIC - because we KNOW old folks are terrified of stuff like this because they are so vulnerable - could have been avoided if Our idiot Boy had been more careful about CLOSING THE DAMNED BORDERS to casual travellers!

Even worse is the amount of panic introduced to various work places by the two infected sons! And of course if anybody at one of the work places should subsequently prove infected- it will touch off a whole new round of quarantining and costly testing and ALL of it could have been avoided if Our idiot Boy was more aggressive about closing the borders!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you feel safe with him as leader?

I guess, much as I'm not particularly happy, he's the best we have right now...……..maybe he won't do too much damage- Trump doesn't appear to be doing too much better at the moment!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I guess, much as I'm not particularly happy, he's the best we have right now...……..maybe he won't do too much damage- Trump doesn't appear to be doing too much better at the moment!
Nobody is doing good right now. Meanwhile, New Jerseys' Democrat governor is emptying the state's jails and prisons in an effort to "slow down the spread of the virus". The reasoning and logic behind the move escapes me. Wouldn't those who were incarcerated essentially be quarantined already? It's like tossing gasoline on a fire to slow down the rate of combustion.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nobody is doing good right now. Meanwhile, New Jerseys' Democrat governor is emptying the state's jails and prisons in an effort to "slow down the spread of the virus". The reasoning and logic behind the move escapes me. Wouldn't those who were incarcerated essentially be quarantined already? It's like tossing gasoline on a fire to slow down the rate of combustion.
That happened days ago in SK.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

Cuomo, Newsom and Rob Ford are doing a good job.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Trying to control infection inside the prisons and jails.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The gulf islands are trying to isolate themselves by telling tourists to stay away.

I am all for erecting a barrier at Hope, closing down the Trans-Canada and Coquihalla to all but essential traffic and another one at Cache Creek to stop visitors coming from the East. Considering that multiple people on the Left Coast still think they are invincible and continue to gather in groups, the last thing we need is them coming up here. Just Stay Home.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Any US citizens that work here should be given a document stating they have a valid reason to cross the border, ts.

"Have to drive through Canada to get to Alaska,' Last time I checked, Alaska has lots of airports, I suggest Alaskans use them.

There's one other viable solution, stick a flag with a tracking device attached on the vehicle & if it stops for ANYTHING except gas they go to jail.