Transgender student files complaint against Christian university

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Has she had her pieces swapped? Legally changed sexes?

The person is a trouble maker and she should not get her way simply because she is transgendered.

Can he write his name in the snow? :)

Pee in the snow, I don't know.

Look Smack, I get what you're saying about this person being a trouble maker, but here's the thing. Most people like this are not a bunch of drama queens looking for attention, so they get their parts lobbed off to seek that attention. This is a real medical issue, just like it is when someone is born with both sex organs. I believe part of the reason these challenges happen is born out of the bigoted way such people are still treated.

Sadly, some Christian organizations haven't adopted the old adage "He who is without sin throw the first stone." And stand in judgment on behalf of God. How arrogant.

So I guess what I'm saying here is that I can understand someone challenging an organization like this. Religious groups often use their faith to justify treated people poorly, ignoring Christ's true message. I find that very bigoted and hypocritical when they're moving pedophile priests from one church to another or skulking around with gay prostitutes.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No, it all comes down to the fact that this is a PRIVATE CHRISTIAN school. If he doesn't like the rules, then he should go to a different school. Simple. The Christian school should not have to compromise it's mores or values to accommodate him. It is NOT a public institution, and he knew this when he originally applied to the school for acceptance. I can also guarantee that he had to sign a contract that included Christian rules of conduct etc, when he started there.

Do you think the fact that it is federally funded that should/could change the rules?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Do you think the fact that it is federally funded that should/could change the rules?

No, it is a CHRISTIAN school, not a public non denominational. It's like Trinity Western University In Langley BC. To go there you need to sign a contract basically stating that you will follow Christian mores and teachings and if you don't you're out on your a$$. I know of kids that got drunk and were turfed, at least one woman in the teaching program that got pregnant and was not married that got turfed. It's one of the reasons I never considered going to Trinity Western.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I wonder if he'd be accepted in the male or female dorm at an Islamic university or college. I mean, never mind all this distraction about a Christian school and such for now.

I wonder.

hmmm

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No, it is a CHRISTIAN school, not a public non denominational. It's like Trinity Western University In Langley BC. To go there you need to sign a contract basically stating that you will follow Christian mores and teachings and if you don't you're out on your a$$. I know of kids that got drunk and were turfed, at least one woman in the teaching program that got pregnant and was not married that got turfed. It's one of the reasons I never considered going to Trinity Western.

oh, so did this guy sign a contract with the christian university? Cause that should change things.

With regards seperation of Church and state, would that cover a Christian University also?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
oh, so did this guy sign a contract with the christian university? Cause that should change things.

With regards seperation of Church and state, would that cover a Christian University also?

A university is not "the state". I've already made it clear. This is not a Public University, it is a Private Christian University.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

No. Christian schools are private. The school may, however, receive government funds, and the government may condition those funds pretty much as it pleases.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
A university is not "the state". I've already made it clear. This is not a Public University, it is a Private Christian University.

It receives federal funding. This is why I asked.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The person was born male in a female body.

No, he wasn't. That's a contradiction. He was born female. You cannot be born male in a female body or vice versa. You are born either male or female.

He should have been a he,

He should have been female, as nature intended, but then, at some point in his life, he decided he didn't like being the gender that God gave him and decided to become female instead.

Stop all the PC twaddle, for Pete's sake.

It's a white school and its pupils are white who have no problems with its rules at all (except this person).

So? There's a Muslim Girls' School just a few hundred yards from where I am now (they had to build that because the Muslims have filled up all the area's supposed CofE and RC schools so they ended up getting a school of their own). Is that bigoted because all its pupils are burka-wearing darkies who don't let in non-Muslims and whites (even though burka-wearing darkies are allowed to attend the local supposedly Church of England school)?

Or is it only white, Christian schools you have a problem with?

Except I don't really need to that because your self-righteous ignorance shines through in the in the second last paragraph. A person who is born blind should suck it up because that is what god wants. If you get cancer you shouldn't get treatment god meant for you to have that.

Backward thinking.

What God wants God gets God help us all.

The only backward thinking that's gone on here is some girl who disrespected the gender that she was born with and then decided to become a man and THEN decided to attend a CHRISTIAN school and THEN threw a paddy when told he has to obey by that school's Christian principles.

That's the only backward thinking that's gone on in this case.

I will concede that this individual is pushing the envelope, but this is not a woman anymore. It is a man and the bigoted and backward thinking is that you can make someone something that they are not.

I don't care what he is. He broke the school rules by trying to get a man's dorm even though he was born a girl. What did he think was going to happen when he attended a CHRISTIAN school?

I wonder if he'd be accepted in the male or female dorm at an Islamic university or college. I mean, never mind all this distraction about a Christian school and such for now.

I wonder.

hmmm

There are Muslim colleges in Britain in which, during class, all the women have to sit at the back of the classroom. They aren't permitted to sit at the front. Only the men are allowed to sit there.

Of course, nothing is done about this - in a country which always bangs on about "equality" - because it's a MUSLIM school. As Muslims, they can do whatever they like and get away with it.

Had any Christian schools been following such a policy of gender segregation the local council would have been onto them right away demanded they stop it.

As usual, it's Christians, and Christians only, who get it in the neck in the PC west.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Pee in the snow, I don't know.

Look Smack, I get what you're saying about this person being a trouble maker, but here's the thing. Most people like this are not a bunch of drama queens looking for attention, so they get their parts lobbed off to seek that attention. This is a real medical issue, just like it is when someone is born with both sex organs. I believe part of the reason these challenges happen is born out of the bigoted way such people are still treated.

I understand all that I do. I've no problem with people living the way they want. However this is a Christian institution and there is no reason they need to bend to his will. Christians have a right to live how they want as well. They have a right to believe what they want.

Sadly, some Christian organizations haven't adopted the old adage "He who is without sin throw the first stone." And stand in judgment on behalf of God. How arrogant.

Some have... I do not believe this is the case here. It is a woman at a Christian University and she wants to live with the men. Screw that... she's a trouble maker.

I wonder.

hmmm

Not on your life and it would not even make the news if she tried.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It receives federal funding. This is why I asked.

The Federal Funding thing can be funny. Funny in the way that some Universities FLIPPED OUT when told that they must allow the US Military to have access to students and be allowed to recruit if they received federal funding. Boy you would think every constitutional amendment was violated when Bush brought that ruling down. I loved it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The Federal Funding thing can be funny. Funny in the way that some Universities FLIPPED OUT when told that they must allow the US Military to have access to students and be allowed to recruit if they received federal funding. Boy you would think every constitutional amendment was violated when Bush brought that ruling down. I loved it.

So receiving Federal funding gives Gov't access to creating the policies of the University receiving it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So receiving Federal funding gives Gov't access to creating the policies of the University receiving it.

Sometimes yes. I do not think that forcing the university to allow a woman to live in the mens dorm would be covered though.

AND often times policies aren't changed as in the courts declaring affirmative action discriminatory when admitting students. Universities still are allowed to choose a diverse student body.