Trans Mountain ‘pipeline is going to get built’: Trudeau dismisses B.C.’s bitumen ban

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So BC ends up in the Supreme Court with at least an even chance to win while at the same time nullifying Alberta's tantrum legislation.

That sounds like something a lawyer would do.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Horgan did what he had to do politically.

He will pursue it to the Supreme Court because he has to.

The feds will oppose it there because they have to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hemer-HOID offers his most CLUELESS comment yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy is trying his level best to STACK THE DECK IN FAVOUR of Horgan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITHOUT making it to GROSSLY OBVIOUS that he is doing so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idiot Boy has TOLD US....................................

he WANTS Canada to be fossil fuel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a first step, Our idiot Boy intends to BLOCK export of Alberta oil to the outside world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He would shut off shipments of oil to the Yankees IF HE DARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
The irony is that the Federal Gov't has always had sole and 'exclusive' responsibility over interprovincial pipelines....and all the rest of this BS over the last few years was just obfuscating smoke and mirrors to hamstring Western Canada to the entire Nations loss...& never had to happen if the Federal Gov't just stepped up to the plate and said, "Sorry Boys, but this matter of inter-provincial transportation is a Federal call, and this is real and happening today!" years before us taxpayers ended up owning a pipeline.

Was Alberta really paranoid in trying to defend itself? The rest of that same play of oilsands lays under Saskatchewan. It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Ron in Regina asks if Alberta was paranoid to defend itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron has asked a DUMB QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ron.....................................................

why dont you update us on the status of the Kinder Morgan pipeline??????????????????????

Is it still a SEMI COMPLETED and EMPTY sewer pipe???????????????????????

What is the status of the terminal where the pipeline oil is to be loaded onto ships??????????????????????

Are there EVEN FOUNDATIONS in the ground at this time?????????????????????

What is the status of the "Consultations" that LIE-beral hug a thug judges have ordered to be taken with native groups?????????????

Have LIE-beral negotiators SETTLED ANYTHING YET?????????????????????

Or have they been TOO BUSY coaching native radicals on the BEST WAY TO SCREW the new govt that will very probably be TAKING OVER after the October election???????????????????

And what of the HUNDREDS of building permits that Kinder Morgan pipeline requires to be completed.............................

with LIE-berals TOTALLY STALLED OUT and not bothering to get ANY paperwork completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because LIE-berals TOLD US THE TRUTH when they said they wanted to kill the Cdn oil patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take a CHANGE OF GOVT AND will require at least a YEAR before anything new gets built on Kinder Morgan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And considering the number of native LOONS out there who make Cliffy look almost sane.......................................

there may be substantial RIOTING and protesting before another bit of pipe gets installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may even be SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE any work resumes on Kinder Morgan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tanker ruling in favour of Alberta DOES NOT signal the end of the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is nothing but a MINOR SKIRMISH in a much bigger struggle for logic and common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alberta HAS A LONG ROAD to travel before it can begin ANY new oil exports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Pay attention. We already won. Horgan can't stop oil shipments.

READ MY POST - seen above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detailing HOW FAR AWAY we still are from actually getting oil moving anyplace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An OPTOMIST KNOWS it will be a year at least before ANY new work is done on Kinder Morgan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it may be as much as a decade BEFORE all the protestors are cleared away and all sections get completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is the UGLY REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horgan lost ONE BATTLE............................................

In a LONG WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The irony is that the Federal Gov't has always had sole and 'exclusive' responsibility over interprovincial pipelines....and all the rest of this BS over the last few years was just obfuscating smoke and mirrors to hamstring Western Canada to the entire Nations loss...& never had to happen if the Federal Gov't just stepped up to the plate and said, "Sorry Boys, but this matter of inter-provincial transportation is a Federal call, and this is real and happening today!" years before us taxpayers ended up owning a pipeline.
Was Alberta really paranoid in trying to defend itself? The rest of that same play of oilsands lays under Saskatchewan. It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Alotta reports out there that the majority of the Oilsands is under Sask. stretching from the Alta. border to Mafeking Man. They found silica based bitumen just outside of Hudson Bay Sask. The problem is that there is up to 60m of overburden that current SAGGD and Carbon injection cannot recover much more than 60% of the Oil.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Not in this case no legal grounds for BC to not with stand

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet ANOTHER REASON for LIE-beral SOUR GRAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford gets to use the not withstanding clause AS IT WAS DESIGNED BY LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But federal LIE-berals FORGOT to add a clause for THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of Maroons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
On Global BC this morning, a recent poll showed that 59% of lower mainland residents support the line; 60% of Islanders also support it and 63% of us in the Interior are firmly onside. Horgan can weep and gnash his teeth but he is on the wrong side of this and will pay dearly for selling out to the wrong-headed greenies in order to hold on to his job by his toenails.

globalnews.ca/news/5400702/bc-trans-mountain-pipeline-poll-support/

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
On Global BC this morning, a recent poll showed that 59% of lower mainland residents support the line; 60% of Islanders also support it and 63% of us in the Interior are firmly onside. Horgan can weep and gnash his teeth but he is on the wrong side of this and will pay dearly for selling out to the wrong-headed greenies in order to hold on to his job by his toenails.

globalnews.ca/news/5400702/bc-trans-mountain-pipeline-poll-support/

I'm sure glad to see someone with some common sense posting, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you did more of it - maybe if we get enough of it we can drown out the background noise made by all the idiots on here!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Trudeau Poised to Advance Pipeline to Quell Oil Industry Furor

I read or heard in the news that pipe is being shipped and pipe yards are being stocked with pipe ready for the announcement :)

It would sure be nice to see the end of the bullshit surrounding this matter generated by our simple minded Premier and his ilk...…………..but of course that would be hoping for too much. These guys should be charged with heresy! (Oops maybe that's the wrong word, but the penalty is about right)

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Trudeau Poised to Advance Pipeline to Quell Oil Industry Furor

I read or heard in the news that pipe is being shipped and pipe yards are being stocked with pipe ready for the announcement :)

While I admire the optimism, I certainly don't share in it. I still contend as I have since May of last year when Trudeau announced he was buying the pipeline, that his strategy has been and continues to be stall and obfuscate the process in order to appease both sides of the debate until after the election. The very article you cited above alludes to this...

Tuesday’s approval won’t end the legal challenges either. Another judicial review is expected on the latest permit, which will likely be decided on early next year. The government of British Columbia -- which opposes the pipeline -- is seeking a separate ruling from the Supreme Court on whether it can restrict oil shipments through the province.
There is also work to be done in gaining support from indigenous groups, which the Trudeau government is attempting to do in part by making them stakeholders.

“There is a lot of work ahead of us,” Hal Kvisle, chairman of ARC Resources Ltd., said in an interview on BNN Bloomberg. “The environmental groups will not let this go down easily,” said Kvisle, who is also the former chief executive officer of TransCanada Corp., now known as TC Energy.

I suspect that even if today's announcement is a clean approval with no further strings attached by Trudeau, it will be a year or 2 at the earliest before a single shovel hits the ground....best case scenario.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I suspect that even if today's announcement is a clean approval with no further strings attached by Trudeau, it will be a year or 2 at the earliest before a single shovel hits the ground....best case scenario.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I heard words to that effect on the news this morning. They should begin digging on Monday.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
While I admire the optimism, I certainly don't share in it. I still contend as I have since May of last year when Trudeau announced he was buying the pipeline, that his strategy has been and continues to be stall and obfuscate the process in order to appease both sides of the debate until after the election. The very article you cited above alludes to this...

Tuesday’s approval won’t end the legal challenges either. Another judicial review is expected on the latest permit, which will likely be decided on early next year. The government of British Columbia -- which opposes the pipeline -- is seeking a separate ruling from the Supreme Court on whether it can restrict oil shipments through the province.
There is also work to be done in gaining support from indigenous groups, which the Trudeau government is attempting to do in part by making them stakeholders.

“There is a lot of work ahead of us,” Hal Kvisle, chairman of ARC Resources Ltd., said in an interview on BNN Bloomberg. “The environmental groups will not let this go down easily,” said Kvisle, who is also the former chief executive officer of TransCanada Corp., now known as TC Energy.

TRUE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals ..........................................

are going to STALL and prevaricate till the cows come home....................................

and then DIE OF OLD AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as LIE-berals are in power.................................................

THE ONLY THING a pipeline will carry is LIE-beral Bullsh+T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What good is LIE-beral approval of a pipeline if the tanker ban remains in place???????????????????????

What good is pipeline approval if LIE-berals REFUSE to prevent protestors from blocking construction???????????????????

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
What good is LIE-beral approval of a pipeline if the tanker ban remains in place???????????????????????

What good is pipeline approval if LIE-berals REFUSE to prevent protestors from blocking construction???????????????????

You know...people would likely be more inclined to take you seriously if you just stop with the insane font and abuse of punctuation. I don't really give a shit about your point of view if you're going to be an obnoxious moron about making it.