Tracking the freedom fighters.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Do you have any keys left on your keyboard after that?

What people who I don't know and could possibly never know did in the 7th century or in the 19th century means squat to me. I most definately lack the ancestral guilt gene. Do I feel bad that so many people all over the world have suffered so much for so long? Sure I do,it was terrible but I haven't personally raped, pillaged or plundered anyone, and I certainly haven't taken indian scalps. I'm sorry but I'm not going to go through life wearing a "I'm sorry I'm white" t-shirt.

Anyways, I think you missed the point of my post, I was simply saying that when it comes to the religious schism in Islam, what we do or dont do will never matter because the extremists on each side will always find a reason to hate each other and blow each other up.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
DurkaDurka said:
When you use "we" are you refering to North Americans as a whole? or is this just another example of your Engrish.

As a whole of course.Cause none of us, french or english, were very nice to the natives indians, that is one of the worst genocide if not the worst ever did on peoples, and we are the guilty ones, along with the spanish,never forget this guys, ever.

Ok i admit, i am not the best to write in english, but at least , at least see the effort.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Tracking the freedom fighters.

thomaska said:
Do you have any keys left on your keyboard after that?

What people who I don't know and could possibly never know did in the 7th century or in the 19th century means squat to me. I most definately lack the ancestral guilt gene. Do I feel bad that so many people all over the world have suffered so much for so long? Sure I do,it was terrible but I haven't personally raped, pillaged or plundered anyone, and I certainly haven't taken indian scalps. I'm sorry but I'm not going to go through life wearing a "I'm sorry I'm white" t-shirt.

Anyways, I think you missed the point of my post, I was simply saying that when it comes to the religious schism in Islam, what we do or dont do will never matter because the extremists on each side will always find a reason to hate each other and blow each other up.

That I totally agree with you there, i think there is too much of ignorance from us of their culture, and same for them, if not worst.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
aeon said:
Ok i admit, i am not the best to write in english, but at least , at least see the effort.

The only thing I have ever commended you on is your effort to write in English, it's alot better than most posters' French, you have nothing to feel bad about.

And I'm not wearing a "sorry I'm white" t-shirt either.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:
zoofer said:
Any one have the report where Freedom fighters stopped the busload of school children? The one where the Sunni kids were separated from the Shiite kids who were then murdered?

Strange that you don t care about the attrocity that your great friends ( the whole coalition of the ignorants) are doing in iraq, but you care about occupyer, where they illegally occupied land in iraq, damn you are just pathetic.

Why do you bother quoting people when your reply has nothing to with the topic or said quote? You just babble on with your regular "occupiers, empires, murderers, genocide etc. "

That is their M.O Durka.

Be nice... they are having a bad day... Zarqawi was killed last night.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
I think zoofer has made an excellent point here. There are people, even on these forums, we champion the "freedom fighters", even when they murder their own people for no reason. Oh well, must be nice to live in a bubble.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What was sad was the "bubble" almost burst in the form of ammonium nitrate.

I am glad the Canadian Police and Intelligence was on top of it.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Tracking the freedom fighters.

EagleSmack said:
What was sad was the "bubble" almost burst in the form of ammonium nitrate.

I am glad the Canadian Police and Intelligence was on top of it.

I doubt many people here see Al-qaeda, terrorist bombers and the likes of them as freedom fighters. Perhaps they see those who fight an honour fight as such. I think there are few here who support these guys. But the people many of us do support are those innocents being killed every day because of this conflic the americans poor planned out and lied to get into with international support. Thats what many of us have a bitch with.

I've not really gone into depth about what I felt about the Canadian terrorists here. But to make it short as I am going to bed, they were moronic fools who were could not knock off a drug store. They didn't follow any of the rules of a terrorist orginization and well, if the RCMP or CISIS hadn't known about them it would have been extremely sad. Come on there was 17 of them in a group.... How can you hide that and keep it a secrect. If the leader was smart he would have had small cells which didn't know of each other. Had these guys trained in remote area's and not farmers fields and so on, there's actually a long list of mistakes these guys made. The police didn't catch them, they pretty much should have turned themselves in as being morons.

Thank god these 17 weren't real terrorists! Thank god these morons didn't get lucky! and thank god we have cops who had caught them too just incase.

Anyhow back to my point, this wasn't a real test on CSIS or the RCMP so don't fool yourselfs that CSIS and the RCMP can fully protect us too.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I read today in the Globe and Mail that when CSIS first tripped over these idiots they hauled some of them in for interviews, hoping to scare them straight......and it didn't work.

How stupid do you have to be?

Now, just for a change, how necessary was the despicable (in my view) anti-terror legislation in this action?

Certainly these guys could be charged for conspiracy to commit murder or, my personal choice for those born in Canada, treason.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
The thing is Finder, the innocents were being killed before the U.S. even invaded. Sunni against Shia has been going on for decades. Saddam used chemical weapons on the kurds. In Afghanistan, the Taliban publically executed women. No, we're not to blame. Our involvment has just brought these atrocities to the forefront of the media.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
The price of 'nice' for Canada
By Jonah Goldberg
Jun 9, 2006

A few years ago I wrote a cover story for National Review with the subtle and nuanced title, "Bomb Canada: The Case for War." It caused quite a stir up there. My argument at the time was that Canada needed to be slapped out of its delusions and forced to stand up for itself in ways other than the Potemkin courage it shows in "standing up" to the United States.

Had I thought of it at the time, maybe I should have had American bombers stand down and suggested instead that Islamic terrorists plot to behead the Canadian prime minister and blow up a few important buildings.

Canada is arguably the most deluded industrialized nation in the world. Because elite Canadians think the U.S. is the font of the world's problems, they think being different than the U.S. and sucking up to the United Nations will buy them grace on the cheap. They claim to be "a nation of peacekeepers," but they rank 50th among U.N. peacekeeper nations in the number of troops sent. They've bravely contributed to the war in Afghanistan, where 2,300 troops still serve, but refused to join the effort in Iraq, believing that jihadists would honor such fine distinctions. That was awfully nice of them. Too bad nice has nothing to do with it.

The presence of a profoundly evil, homegrown terror cell in Canada has understandably provoked a lot of soul-searching to our north. As one Canadian editorial put it: "We are Canada, peacekeepers to the world, everybody's nice guy. Who would want to harm us, and why?" Or as Audrey Macklin, a University of Toronto law professor, confessed to the L.A. Times, Canadians "picture themselves as being thought of as nicer than the United States." Why on earth would terrorists want to hurt a "nice" country? Well, for starters, nice isn't all it's cracked up to be. The frog who carried the scorpion on his back in Aesop's fable was nice. It didn't make the scorpion's sting any less poisonous.

Indeed, there's good reason to believe that niceness is part of the problem, not the solution. Many Canadians (and Americans and Europeans) cling to a deep-seated belief that more multiculturalism, more interfaith dialogue, more "understanding," more Western apologies, more acceptance of Sharia, more "niceness" will fix the problem.

As the American Enterprise Institute's Reuel Marc Gerecht and the French intellectual Olivier Roy have suggested, multiculturalism in many ways breeds Islamic radicalism among deracinated "born-again" Muslims in the West. It foments the climate of grievance and honors the quest for radical authenticity. Indeed, jihadism imports any number of Marxist and anti-colonial bugaboos into its worldview and then spits them back out at the West. "This militant evolution is happening, in situ, on our territory. It partakes henceforth of the internal history of the West," Roy observed. The 9/11 hijackers were Westernized, educated and cosmopolitan. Nearly all of the alleged Canadian plotters were raised in Canada and attended Canadian public schools. They were indeed homegrown.

Just a few weeks before the alleged Canadian terror plot was revealed, a sociology professor penned an essay in a Canadian newspaper boasting how well "multiculturalism works in Canada." Canadians are blissfully immune to the backlash against multiculturalism in Europe and the U.S. caused by jihadi terror, argued Augie Fleras, and this has created a climate of progress and social peace. Fleras might want to revisit that.

But if Europe and the U.S. are any guide, it's doubtful Fleras and his confreres will have any epiphanies about the failures of multiculturalism. The Danish cartoon controversy was a perfect example of appeasement. A host of Western leaders indulged jihadist outbursts and threats to behead cartoonists and journalists by denouncing, in Bill Clinton's words, "these totally outrageous cartoons against Islam." Sen. John Kerry joined in the moral equivalence: "These and other inflammatory images deserve our scorn, just as the violence against embassies and military installations are an unacceptable and intolerable form of protest." And French President Jacques Chirac tut-tutted that "anything liable to offend the beliefs of others, particularly religious beliefs, must be avoided."

In Canada, the retreat into denial was instantaneous. At the news conference announcing the arrests, officials said the alleged plotters came from "a variety of backgrounds" and the "broad strata" of Canadian society because "some are students, some are employed, some are unemployed." They might as well have said the accused plotters were diverse because they all liked different ice cream. The relevant fact was that they were all Muslim and nearly all attended a single radical mosque. But it would be rude to mention that.

In a meeting with Muslim leaders the day after the news conference, Toronto's chief of police reportedly boasted that the government never mentioned the alleged terrorists' religion. Well, isn't that sweet. I'm sure the next time Islamists set out to chop off lawmakers' heads or murder the staff of the Canadian Broadcasting Co., they'll keep in mind how nice you were about all this.

Jonah Goldberg is editor-at-large of National Review Online.
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/jonahgoldberg/2006/06/09/200702.html

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
There were 1400 Iraqis killed by sectarian terrorist violence in the last month.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Here are four news stories from the last week:

'Warmongers' have a point: It's a war
June 11, 2006
BY MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn11.html
Here are four news stories from the last week:

Baghdad: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi found himself on the receiving end of 500 pounds of U.S. ordnance.

London: Scotland Yard arrested a cell of East End Muslims allegedly plotting a sarin attack in Britain.

Toronto: The Mounties busted a cell of Ontario Muslims planning a bombing three times more powerful than Oklahoma City.

Mogadishu: An al-Qaida affiliate, the "Joint Islamic Courts," took control of the Somali capital, displacing "U.S.-backed warlords."

The world divides into those who think the above are all part of the same story and those who figure they're strictly local items of no wider significance deriving from various regional factors:

In Baghdad and London, fury at Bush-Blair neocon-Zionist-Halliburton warmongering;

In Toronto, fury at Canadian multiculti-liberal-pantywaist warmongering -- no, wait, that can't be right. It must be frustration among certain, ah, ethno-cultural communities at insufficiently lavish levels of massive government social programs, to judge from the surreal conversation on NPR's "Morning Edition" between Renee Montagne and the city's mayor;

And in Mogadishu, well, that's just one bunch of crazy Africans killing another bunch of crazy Africans -- who the hell can figure that out? If Bono holds a celebrity fund-raising gala, we'll all be glad to chip in 20 bucks.

If you choose to believe that, as Tip bin Neill might have put it, "all jihad is local," so be it. You can listen to NPR discussions on whether Canada's jihadist health- care programs are inadequately funded, and I'm sure you'll be very happy. But out in the real world it seems the true globalization success story of the 1990s was the export of ideology from a relatively obscure part of the planet to the heart of every Western city.

Take the subject of, say, decapitation. There's a lot of it about in the Muslim world. These Somali Islamists, in the course of their seizure of Mogadishu, captured troops from the warlords' side and beheaded them. Zarqawi made beheading his signature act, cutting the throats of the American hostage Nick Berg and the British hostage Ken Bigley and then releasing the footage as boffo snuff videos over the Internet.

But it's not just guerrillas and insurgents who are hot for decapitation. The Saudis, who are famously "our friends," behead folks on a daily basis. Last year, the kingdom beheaded six Somalis for auto theft. They'd been convicted and served five-year sentences but at the end thereof the Saudi courts decided to upgrade their crime to a capital offense. Some two-thirds of those beheaded in Saudi Arabia are foreign nationals, which would be an unlikely criminal profile in any civilized state and suggests that the justice "system" is driven by the Saudis' contempt for non-Saudis as much as anything else.

Which brings us to Toronto. In court last week, it was alleged that the conspirators planned to storm the Canadian Parliament and behead the prime minister. On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous. As ridiculous as it must have seemed to Ken Bigley, a British contractor in Iraq with no illusions about the world: He'd spent most of his adult life grubbing around the seedier outposts of empire and thought he knew the way the native chappies did things. He never imagined the last sounds he'd ever hear were delirious cries of "Allahu Akhbar" and the man behind him reaching for his blade. And he never imagined that back in his native land his fellow British subjects -- young Muslim men -- would boast to the London Times about downloading the video of his execution and watching it on their cellphones.

Writing about the collapse of nations such as Somalia, the Atlantic Monthly's Robert D. Kaplan referred to the "citizens" of such "states" as "re-primitivized man." When lifelong Torontonians are hot for decapitation, when Yorkshiremen born and bred and into fish 'n' chips and cricket and lousy English pop music self-detonate on the London Tube, it would seem that the phenomenon of "re-primitivized man" has been successfully exported around the planet. It's reverse globalization: The pathologies of the remotest backwaters now have franchise outlets in every Western city. You don't have to be a loser Ontario welfare recipient like Steven Chand, the 25-year-old Muslim convert named in the thwarted prime ministerial beheading. Omar Sheikh, the man behind the beheading of the Wall Street Journal's Daniel Pearl, was an English "public" (i.e., private) schoolboy and graduate of the London School of Economics.

Five years after 9/11, some strategists say we can't win this thing "militarily," which is true in the sense that you can't send the Third Infantry Division to Brampton, Ontario. But nor is it something we can win through "law enforcement" -- by letting the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the FBI and MI5 and every gendarmerie on the planet deal with every little plot on the map as a self-contained criminal investigation. We need to throttle the ideology and roll up the networks. These fellows barely qualify as "fifth columnists": Their shingles hang on Main Street. And, even though the number of Ontarians prepared actively to participate in the beheading of the prime minister is undoubtedly minimal, the informal support of the jihad's aims by many Western Muslims and the quiescence of too many of the remainder and the ethnic squeamishness of the modern multicultural state provide a big comfort zone.

This week the jihad lost its top field general, but in Somalia it may have gained a nation -- a new state base after the loss of Afghanistan. And in Toronto and London the picture isn't so clear: The forensic and surveillance successes were almost instantly undercut by the usual multicultural dissembling of the authorities. If you think the idea of some kook beheading prime ministers on video is nutty, maybe you're looking at things back to front. What's nutty is that, half a decade on from Sept. 11, the Saudis are still allowed to bankroll schools and mosques and think tanks and fast-track imam chaplaincy programs in prisons and armed forces around the world. Oil isn't the principal Saudi export, ideology is; petroleum merely bankrolls it. In Britain, Canada, France, the Netherlands, Scandinavia and elsewhere, second- and third-generation Muslims recognize the vapidity of the modern multicultural state for what it is -- a nullity, a national non-identity -- and so, for their own identity, they look elsewhere. To carry on letting Islamism fill it is to invite the re-primitivization of the world.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I will be travelling for a few weeks Colpy. May not get near a keyboard for awhile. :wink:

Quit smiling Juan, Aeon Jersay and DB. :evil: