Toyota owners affected by this 2010 recall.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, legally. There are open areas where you can drive as fast as safety will permit. Which means if you don't have a accident, the police will not bother you. Drive like the wind. :smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Sporty883

Time Out
Feb 5, 2010
Edmonton Alberta
Oh well so much for taking my Lamborghini to Montana this year.
:lol:

ha ha. There is a guy here in Edmonton that has one. Personally I think it is a waste of money, and such a nice car on these ****ty prairie roads... and it is Italian made, so it is an acceptable import, it comes with prestige, same as being a harley owner.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
ha ha. There is a guy here in Edmonton that has one. Personally I think it is a waste of money, and such a nice car on these ****ty prairie roads... and it is Italian made, so it is an acceptable import, it comes with prestige, same as being a harley owner.

YOu must find that climate a little cool, but I suppose things could be a little shaky in the D.R. :smile:

Sporty883

Time Out
Feb 5, 2010
Edmonton Alberta
I see Toyota troubles continue. They have now recalled the Prius and their other hybrid models.
You know I would not buy foreign crap,, but they do have some right nice looking vehicles. So does Mazda,,, but would not buy one.
Friend of mine if the US parents just smashed up theirs toyota camry,,, told him it would make a good pic for a toyota commercial... lol!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
here in Edmonton,, it is not too cold right now, not like it was at Christmas.
As for DR.... shaky?????? Why? I do not understand your gibberish?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Actually the newer Corvairs were great little cars, especially the Spyder model.

I had a '67 Monza (that I would love to have now) The only problem I ever had was heat - or lack thereof. It was the early models that had the tuck-under rear axles ... and they never could shake the image. Thanks Ralphie!

Sporty883

Time Out
Feb 5, 2010
Edmonton Alberta
True; if you're going to buy crap, domestic crap is certainly cheaper, and falls apart more quickly, so you can park it on the front lawn.
Actually parts are cheaper, so easier to maintain, and if you cannot properly maintain a vehicle, or afford to, then you should not own one.
Hey take a pic of that car in your front lawn, and send it to Blue Collar,,,they do
a thing where they pic out the best 'redneck' yard. (or worse, depends what side of the track you come from,,lol).

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
True; if you're going to buy crap, domestic crap is certainly cheaper, and falls apart more quickly, so you can park it on the front lawn.

Yeah, park it on the front lawn alongside the other three or four domestic vehicles and the old fridge.;-):lol:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I had a '67 Monza (that I would love to have now) The only problem I ever had was heat - or lack thereof. It was the early models that had the tuck-under rear axles ... and they never could shake the image. Thanks Ralphie!
They are collector items now...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

You know, that swing axle was exactly the same as the Volkswagan bug had at the time and still had after the Corvair was history. Nader didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
You know, that swing axle was exactly the same as the Volkswagan bug had at the time and still had after the Corvair was history. Nader didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.
Thats right. It was unfortunate what his book did to a fun car.

An aside, a friend of mine put a monza engine into a VW bug, and man did that thing move!