Tory MP derides jobless as 'no-good bastards'

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
A single person needs to make at least 14/hr to secure and sustain the Canadian standard of living . More if your a single parent...Don't believe me ..Create an average Canadian budget and do the math ..Without credit ..

If you loose your job due to unexpected layoff,firing ,illness or any other unforseeable,unpredictable event it can be like falling off a cliff .......

Bad credit ,banckruptcy?

Once you fall through the cracks it is hard to re-establish yourself...Gotta get 1st and last months rent, eat, get transportation, find someone to watch your kids ..Survive..

Many reasons for unemployment and homelessness..

Biggest problem is many government programs and organizations ment to assist these people in their greatest time of need are mostly useless .Most are only good at number games.
Most of the money is recycled back into themselves to keep their own jobs secure..Just to Keep the doors open ..Not enough goes to the people in need..

Having said that ...How many re-sume writing places do we need?..Re- training for what jobs ?..Button pushing..Garbage picking 101 .?...

What purpose do Temp agancies really serve .For the unemployed labourer..How much do temp agency "slave labour" pay? ..Is that really a sustainable standard of living for Canadians?

Bg Biz and Gov. organizations always seem to benefit unfairly off the backs of slave drone Labourers .

Labourers /consumers / the general public/unfortunate always seem to pull the short sticks .It's always Bg Biz /Gov cutting and holding the straws.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Has anyone taken a look at the pensions that MPs have granted themselves. There is no industry in the country, or the world, except perhaps Wall Street Banking where a short stay will produce life long security.

"Those no-good bastards sitting on the sidewalk in Halifax that can't get work.".. take a look in the mirror you fat lazy slob, pigging out at the public trough.

They no longer even have the courage to vote on their own pensions. They have delegated this to a commission, completely appointed and beholden to their parliamentary masters, to wash their hands of it.

It would be at least a small saving grace if they were actually doing a good job. But the country is in a mess. Look at what the mindless ideology of Free Trade and Economic Liberalism has brought us. Millions are turfed on to dust bin of the new economy as productive economy atrophies. Our stewards are incompetent as well as besotted with greed.

Compare their renumeration and pensions to the soldiers who put themselves in harm's way to defend our freedom. They earn a fraction in benefits of what Parliament has awarded itself. Yet the MPs have not fraction of their courage and integrity.

Keddy is one of the biggest welfare bums in the country. I'd give those down and outers a toonie and bit of sympathy.. Keddy just makes me want to throw up.

Fat, lazy, drunk and stupid.. and rich from pilfering.. is no way to go through life, Gerald, you big LOSER.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron in Regina

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Has anyone taken a look at the pensions that MPs have granted themselves. There is no industry in the country, or the world, except perhaps Wall Street Banking where a short stay will produce life long security.

"Those no-good bastards sitting on the sidewalk in Halifax that can't get work.".. take a look in the mirror you fat lazy slob, pigging out at the public trough.

They no longer even have the courage to vote on their own pensions. They have delegated this to a commission, completely appointed and beholden to their parliamentary masters, to wash their hands of it.

It would be at least a small saving grace if they were actually doing a good job. But the country is in a mess. Look at what the mindless ideology of Free Trade and Economic Liberalism has brought us. Millions are turfed on to dust bin of the new economy as productive economy atrophies. Our stewards are incompetent as well as besotted with greed.

Compare their renumeration and pensions to the soldiers who put themselves in harm's way to defend our freedom. They earn a fraction in benefits of what Parliament has awarded itself. Yet the MPs have not fraction of their courage and integrity.

Here Hear ColdStream - Great post

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the link, Avro.

I also agree with that editorial by The Honourable Monte Solberg P.C.; even at the organisation that I work for, we have several dozens of potential candidates turn down employment offers because the rates of pay aren’t high enough, or because the retail industry isn’t something that interests them.

But then at the same time, they mention during their interviews that they’ve been unemployed for sometimes as many as six months, and they don’t understand why they haven’t gotten a job. I can tell you why — the jobs are there, but some people seem to think that they’re above some types of work or others. Let me tell you, if you’re unemployed, take whatever the Hell you can get. Just because you’re a part-time sales associate for a few months while you look for other work doesn’t make retail your career — it makes you realistic.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Monte is a dickhead as well as most former reformers, I just happen to think he has somewhat of a point here.

Gee I wonder if Monte is enjoying his pension, you know, the one he opted out of then quitely opted in when no one was looking.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Monte is a dickhead as well as most former reformers, I just happen to think he has somewhat of a point here.

Gee I wonder if Monte is enjoying his pension, you know, the one he opted out of then quitely opted in when no one was looking.

Jess lak the restofem.

That trough is a good game. Wish I was yunger..........and cud spel

Add runfer offic

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Monte is a dickhead as well as most former reformers, ....

You've obviously never talked to the man. He was my MP for a few years and I had the pleasure of sitting and chatting with him, in his Medicine Hat office, on numerous occasions. I hoped that he would run for the Conservative leadership. I probably would have voted for them the last time had he been the leader. The good ones never stick around Ottawa. They can only stomach it for so long.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How is that.

You know nothing about the man and his personal beliefs and you criticize him because of Conservative party decisions. I can only assume you are either dishonest or so incredibly naive that you believe politicians can always oppose any party policy they choose. The people in his Medicine Hat constituency, like most people, were upset at the pension issue but they continued to provide massive support to Monte, giving him as much as 80% of the vote in one election.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You know nothing about the man and his personal beliefs and you criticize him because of Conservative party decisions. I can only assume you are either dishonest or so incredibly naive that you believe politicians can always oppose any party policy they choose. The people in his Medicine Hat constituency, like most people, were upset at the pension issue but they continued to provide massive support to Monte, giving him as much as 80% of the vote in one election.

Not hard to believe, ideology rules.

Gee, I wonder what the voting history is in Medicine Hat.:roll:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Gee, I wonder what the voting history is in Medicine Hat.:roll:

For the most part, they have elected what can be referred to as Red Tories. Medicine Hat tends to be somewhat left in its thinking. For example, it owned it's own natural gas and other utilities and utility bills were highly subsidized. It was only when the infrastructure needed significant upgrades did the city reluctantly, and with considerable backlash, sell off some of the utilities.

You really have no idea what you are talking about...not that that's surprising given the amount of silly political rhetoric you tend to spout.