Tories take backseat to NDP and Wildrose in Alberta

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I am not paying extra money for something manufactured in China.I will take a trip to the states for somethng made in China,or go to on line shopping,I will pay extra money for something manufactured in Canada or the states.I know this statement may not be sustainable,and i may soon forget or be reminded of this commitment,but I will at least try.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I don't care who's running the Government, Alberta is the best Province in Canada, and always will be. PERIOD!!

The NDP doesn't want to be a one term government and will not make to many drastic changes.. they are also aware that Alberta is Canada's economic engine.. we are not just a resourced based Province, we are also a main tourist destination.
your funny!how about agriculture?
Interesting enough I did an information assessment of the limited placement of value of agriculture,it was an interesting passage of understanding,funny you exampled tourism rather then agriculture.My assessment was round about 30 years of agriculture in this wonderful Province.
the whole dismissal of food production as being important was a systamatic and purposeful plan,and even more bizarre was the agriculture sector would vote for the same people who purposefully dismissed and rearranged the importance of food production.
The attitudes of rearrangement of decison making of food producers influenced other areas of attitude, I did a history compiling of REA and the changing opportunites,what type of structure,support,etc was involved in the "restructuring",upon completion I could clearly identify the players of the agriculture sector.
thanks for the reminder everything I gleaned is true.I know alot about attitudes and decsion makers,sometimes too much.Food production is a big deal in the world market,it too is changing,hail to the small farm.

sometimes I think Boomer is flirting with my emotions.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
There is no converting. Its desulphurising and that's it. Trying to pipe bitumen with the sulpher and paraffin (pre-upgrading) ain't gonna happen with out refined product used as a solvent.

Where are you getting your information ? Everything I was told about the facility said bitumen in one end, light crude out the other.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
To pipe bitumen as you mentioned requires solvents.

I realize that, but it's my understanding that this one was unique in that it quuite advanced as far as upgraders go. It was to take the bitumen a further step up the refining ladder in that it would produce synthetic crude oil, a product similar to light crude.

"It (Suncor) began re-evaluating the prospects last year for the complex plant, designed to "upgrade" bitumen from several oil sands projects into refinery-ready light crude."

Read full article here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/27/suncor-oilsands-upgrader-idUSL2N0CJ27C20130327

There might be some confusion in the term "upgrader" as there are different types of upgraders that produce different products. In it's simpler form an upgrader removes some components of the bitumen after which it is combine with light solvents to reduce its viscosity and allow it to be transported via pipeline. The product is diluted bitumen or "dilbit" and must be treated after transport to make it suitable for most refineries to process.. More sophisticated upgrading operations produce synthetic crude oil, a refinery ready product very similar to light crude. Synthetic crude can also be used to dilute bitumen producing a pipeline ready product called synbit, which again must go through a separation process before traditional refining.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Speaking of lost jobs, Ezra seems to really enjoy broadcasting from his mother's basement.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
who is that guy?I was entertained for 1 minute 57 seconds of him,don't know much about him,he just pops up when opportunity presents itself,like a puppet.what is he famous for and who pays him?