Tories release first attack ad against Mulcair

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
We've been through this so many times Flossy.... There's only one poll that counts, and Harper gets to determine when it gets taken.

Sheesh!

That's true, but you said Mulcair has damaged himself. What can you point out that would show evidence that on balance he has harmed himself, or even his party?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I always find it funny when the CPC attack ads come out. The Cons get labeled the bad guys, the poor opposition gets hugged.

But it's the exact opposite when the oppositions come out, the Cons get labeled the bad guys and the poor opposition gets hugged.

Oh wait...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Well obviously he hasn't damaged himself enough if the Conservatives perceive him as a threat, eh?

No harm in helping him along... Notice that the 'ads' are internet based? Pretty inexpensive and apparently effective if MSM has picked-up on already.

My guess is that all the CPC is doing is throwing a little gas on a fire that Mulcair started.

That's true, but you said Mulcair has damaged himself. What can you point out that would show evidence that on balance he has harmed himself, or even his party?

It's fair to say that the only tangible evidence will be observable at election time. Anything prior to this is basically speculation.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If you have nothing good to say about yourself, tear down the competition, right?
It's politics; look it up.

As MF pointed out, fiscal responsibility isn't a political ideology. Conservatives have not demonstrated that they are more fiscally responsible. Look at the mess G.W. Bush left Barrack Obama... over a trillion $US to bail out corporations and banks.... That's like setting the house on fire, just before transferring ownership and then criticizing the new owner for not being a responsible homeowner.
The bailouts were initiated under Bush but the Bamster didn't double-down he quadrupled-down. But, hey, what are facts to leftards? This is not to excuse Bush's action but to set the record straight.
Bailout Timeline: Another Day, Another Bailout | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

Last edited:

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Sigh.

1100 complaints worthy of investigation.

One out of every 13,300 votes.

And not all are robo-call complaints against the Conservatives.

Get over it.

Oh yeah, eight of the nine complaitants in the case to overturn riding results actually voted.........

Given the past record of this government I seriously doubt this is going to get an unbiased investigation, we need an imparcial inquiry that takes it out of Harper's control.

Even if it was just one voter, if it can be established that the federal Conservatives engaged in election fraud(again) then they should be held accountable. Posing as election officials to misdirect voters is illegal.

It's hypocritical to complain of Liberal corruption while your own party does the same or worse.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Given the past record of this government I seriously doubt this is going to get an unbiased investigation, we need an imparcial inquiry that takes it out of Harper's control.
Elections Canada reports to the House.

To whom does Elections Canada report?

Elections Canada comes under the responsibility of the Chief Electoral Officer, who reports directly to the House of Commons through the Speaker.
Elections Canada Online | FAQs on Elections Canada

Even if it was just one voter, if it can be established that the federal Conservatives engaged in election fraud(again) then they should be held accountable.
The in and out scandal? LMAO!!!

Posing as election officials to misdirect voters is illegal.
The first thing you've had right all day.

It's hypocritical to complain of Liberal corruption while your own party does the same or worse.
It's silly to accuse the CPC of a crime, when there is no evidence at this point.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Anybody who claims this is in any way consistent with a democratic system needs to move to Zimbabwe or Russia.

Robocall scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you read further down the article, it's apparent from call backs to "Pierre Poutines" burner phone that thousands of voters were affected in Guelph alone, it's complete BS to claim this was a limited or even remotely legal campaign. It's illegal for anyone to pose as a Canadian elections official and misdirect voters.

People who are defending this are excusing criminal behaviour.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Anybody who claims this is in any way consistent with a democratic system needs to move to Zimbabwe or Russia.
Anyone that doesn't believe in the fundamental principle of Innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law, is likely a political leader from old Russia or Zimbabwe.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Don't tell me that you don't have the mental capacity to think for yourself.

If you blindly obey everyone that calls you up, then you were already lost long before the robocall event.

Even if it was just one voter, if it can be established that the federal Conservatives engaged in election fraud(again) then they should be held accountable. Posing as election officials to misdirect voters is illegal.

I guess that we'll get a taste of what justice looks like after RackNine cleans Pat Martin's clock, won't we?.... But I'm guessing that if Pat is ruled against by the courts and ordered to compensate for damages, you'll be hollering about a travesty of justice, CPC controlled judicial outcomes and spy satellites that are reading your thoughts.

Your MO is all too predictable

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Something I have always found curious that is never commented on is the logical coclusion to Harper's obsession with "destroying" the Liberals.

If he were to be successful, it would be a death warrant for his own Party and the end of his political career since the population by a significant margin is centrist or leftist. He would never have more than 42 0r 43% of a two Party vote.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I always find it funny when the CPC attack ads come out. The Cons get labeled the bad guys, the poor opposition gets hugged.

But it's the exact opposite when the oppositions come out, the Cons get labeled the bad guys and the poor opposition gets hugged.

Oh wait...

No, I'm pretty consistent on that front. Attack ads on either side are just crass. I'd rather a politician tell me what he'll do if elected and let the other guy take care of himself. A politician who focuses more on the other guy tells me he has nothing to sell of himself. Which party has nothing to do with it for me anyway.