TKO Target can't handle the Canadian market

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is why people like to call Target, Tarjay. We call it Tarjay in our house cause it's funny.

I wish Walmart would follow Target.as well.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I wish Walmart would follow Target.as well.

Why? Has it done anything to you? You want to see thousands out of a job? I'm really curious as to why you would want to see a business that employees thousands upon thousands of people leave and put those people out of work?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It blows me away when people rejoice about a business shutting down. How callous and ignorant. As a Canadian we are losing tax revenues when a large corporation shuts it's doors here. We lose jobs. This also decreases tax revenues and increases pressure on social programs until those people find new jobs. How can any of this be a "good thing"?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
leave and put those people out of work?
Somebody will be selling the same things, the dollar store is 10x cheaper than any monopoly chain, same warehouse serves them all. Online is free shopping as longs as you buy $50 or more and then it comes right to your door. What it does do is stop the hemorrhaging of funds from the local economy to single digits instead of the double ones that are the norm for the store again you are championing. Not a huge surprise given your track record.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Somebody will be selling the same things, the dollar store is 10x cheaper than any monopoly chain, same warehouse serves them all. Online is free shopping as longs as you buy $50 or more and then it comes right to your door. What it does do is stop the hemorrhaging of funds from the local economy to single digits instead of the double ones that are the norm for the store again you are championing. Not a huge surprise given your track record.

Considering you don't, and probably never have, contributed in any meaningful fashion to this country or it's economy I can understand how you could miss the point.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
For the Arctic's sake I hope you and your kind never spread that far. Be no need for shrinks if everyone was as sane as you, that's a lot more money than the guy fetching carts at Walmart makes. Any limits on what they can do to make sure they dont'y end up downsizing.

In your oxygen starved brain you might be missing the fact that if North America and the 400M that live here have to run 98% of the people just to feed and clothe themselves then it is a failed system. Just like it is a failed brain that thinks the only important part of society is the part that happens to hold down jobs when unemployment reaches the biggest numbers it ever does. Rather that give them the money so they can get out and do things (which helps the economy) they are pit on starvation ration and treated like even that is better than they deserve as they are unproductive in a society that measures worth only on what you can produce. Until a big *** war and then all hands on deck with the finst **** money can buy. (and pay back over and over in the next 100 years)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
. Rather that give them the money so they can get out and do things

Of course, why get a job when we can all just give the leaches like you money so you can "get out and do things".

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Why? Has it done anything to you? You want to see thousands out of a job? I'm really curious as to why you would want to see a business that employees thousands upon thousands of people leave and put those people out of work?

Oh, bull!

Target did their 7 billion dollar exercise and now they are gone. At the same time Zellers is gone as well. Zellers were part of the Hudson's Bay who were gobbled up by yet another carniverous American retailer. It will all settle down eventually.....Some of the stores will have different names but who cares.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh, bull!

Target did their 7 billion dollar exercise and now they are gone. At the same time Zellers is gone as well. Zellers were part of the Hudson's Bay who were gobbled up by yet another carniverous American retailer. It will all settle down eventually.....Some of the stores will have different names but who cares.

I see you didn't answer a single one of my questions concerning you wanting WALMART to leave Canada also.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
and what do the 2 have to do with each other?

Right hand one week, left hand the next week.

SO they can work for less at local stores.

For the Arctic's sake I hope you and your kind never spread that far. Be no need for shrinks if everyone was as sane as you, that's a lot more money than the guy fetching carts at Walmart makes. Any limits on what they can do to make sure they dont'y end up downsizing.

In your oxygen starved brain you might be missing the fact that if North America and the 400M that live here have to run 98% of the people just to feed and clothe themselves then it is a failed system. Just like it is a failed brain that thinks the only important part of society is the part that happens to hold down jobs when unemployment reaches the biggest numbers it ever does. Rather that give them the money so they can get out and do things (which helps the economy) they are pit on starvation ration and treated like even that is better than they deserve as they are unproductive in a society that measures worth only on what you can produce. Until a big *** war and then all hands on deck with the finst **** money can buy. (and pay back over and over in the next 100 years)

Where exactly is the money supposed to come from so the unemployed can "get out and do things"

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
From the employed. Pucker up baby.

Don't know about you but what with all the different levels of government raising taxes again this year I'm taxxed out. There is next to nothing left of the paycheque to help the economy nevermind more loot for freeloaders.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Right hand one week, left hand the next week.
SO they can work for less at local stores.

Where exactly is the money supposed to come from so the unemployed can "get out and do things"
Add another zero to the current bill and leave it for the next generation. Didn't this generation at least teach you that?
That is why in the good years that just finished we socked away a 'rain-day-fund', right, for the kids.

The $666T is kept in the usury drawer at the not Rothschild bank in not Belgium.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbEucjsNFU

. . .paycheque to help the economy nevermind more loot for freeloaders.
How nice of the elderly to donate their whole pension check and hold a hunger strike until dead in honor of that sacrifice for the kids.

$700B becomes $7T and 50M people it is $126,000 the $666T into 6.66B people also looks like easy math. Why do those numbers seem so familiar??

Wefare lady could be a millionaire.