Time To Fire Don Cherry Off CBC

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Unless I mean so much to you, of course.

You do. As I've told you more times than I care to count, I'm here for entertainment purposes and you are one of the most entertaining people here. Now, would you mind if we stuck to discussing Don Cherry. That is what this thread is about.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You do. As I've told you more times than I care to count, I'm here for entertainment purposes and you are one of the most entertaining people here.
Well then I am flattered, thank you. Who knew you were a masochist.

You're the content of my signature, because I get a kick out of advertising your ignorance. Just so you know.

Now, would you mind if we stuck to discussing Don Cherry. That is what this thread is about.
Sure, and it is.

I wonder what would happen if Cherry came out one night and **** on aboriginal players.
How is that about Cherry? I guess you used his name, and in your little world with all your logical inconsistencies, you might think it's about Cherry.

Like I said, you're predictable and transparent.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You're the content of my signature, because I get a kick out of advertising your ignorance. Just so you know.

I knew that was what you were trying to do.

Sure, and it is. Let me know when you want to actually talk about Cherry, and not just troll.

I asked a question about Don Cherry. It isn't trolling simply because the question makes some people uncomfortable. (please note - when I say "some people", I really mean "hypocrites"). Regardless, it's a very valid question since Don's soap box is funded by the taxpayers.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I saw a player get a penalty for hitting another player in the head. The referee used the motion of tapping his head with his hand. I've never seen that before. Cherry is now irrelevant.

Shoulder pads are like armour now, they should be made softer, which will make the game even safer.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I saw a player get a penalty for hitting another player in the head. The referee used the motion of tapping his head with his hand. I've never seen that before. Cherry is now irrelevant.

Shoulder pads are like armour now, they should be made softer, which will make the game even safer.

they are being made softer

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Okay, they're being made. I'm sure I can buy them. But they are not mandated at the NHL or junior level. You provide no link to prove what you say is correct.

they explained the other day how they changed the existing ones some NHL players were wearing to make
them a softer surface, but still have the protection needed for the player wearing them.

I don't have any link, I remember watching them on tv

I don't know how many were changed, but they are doing it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Shoulder pads are irrelevant. Force equals mass times acceleration. Players are bigger and faster.

BTW, I'm still wondering what would have happened if Cherry talked about aboriginal players the way he talked about french players.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Shoulder pads are irrelevant. Force equals mass times acceleration. Players are bigger and faster.

So are cars and yet the airbag systems that they incorporate have had a tremendous impact on reducing the fatalities and the extent of injuries suffered in a collision.

BTW, I'm still wondering what would have happened if Cherry talked about aboriginal players the way he talked about french players.

Probably the same thing, although it is highly unlikely that will ever happen... The FN players in the NHL aren't a big bunch of whiney grandmothers that are afraid of breaking a nail or ruining their manicure.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You are?

You already posted a partial made up idea, why don't you finish that thought.

We could use the laugh.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

I was wondering when you were going to take one of your anti-aboriginal racist shots.

You're in the wrong thread by the way. Dump has other threads for this sort of rhetoric.

Welcome back Cannuck.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So are cars and yet the airbag systems that they incorporate have had a tremendous impact on reducing the fatalities and the extent of injuries suffered in a collision.

Yes, by reducing the rate of decelleration. Unless shoulderpads are made out of foam 2 feet thick they will accomplish nothing.

I was wondering when you were going to take one of your anti-aboriginal racist shots.

Not quite sure why you would see the question as anti-aboriginal. I guess some people just have an agenda.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Ya, that about sums you up.

Yes it does. Unlike some others I have been quite clear that I have one. Of course, in this particular instance, I wasn't referring to myself. The question was neither pro nor anti aboriginal and to see it that way shows a clear agenda on RCS part.

Then there was the tired old "racist" slur that people like to throw out when there is no valid point to be made....that was pretty amusing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes it does. Unlike some others I have been quite clear that I have one. Of course, in this particular instance, I wasn't referring to myself. The question was neither pro nor anti aboriginal and to see it that way shows a clear agenda on RCS part.
Ya, you seem to throw the 'you have an agenda' crap out, ad nauseuim. Yet I have yet to see you explain what anyones agenda is.

Then there was the tired old "racist" slur that people like to throw out when there is no valid point to be made..
That's only because you are. One of the many reasons why you're a hypocrite.

..that was pretty amusing.
Not likely anywhere near as amusing as watching you dodge, back peddle, and otherwise be a general hypocrite.