Time to Abolish Cdn Human Rights Commission, They Hate Debate

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Time to Abolish Cdn Human Rights Commission, They Hate Debate,

That is a scary thought as well the gateway to a revolution.

Revolution by who? I will guess by people like me. I'm not that revolutionary I think. It didn't take a revolution to install Human Rights Commissions across the country, so why would it take one to abolish them? HRCs were installed through legislation, which most don't consider revolutionary actions.

HRCs should not be used to prevent free speech. For jobs and housing they have a role and do a decent job in BC as they stay within firm boundaries and few complain about them in the province. If you read some cases in BC, which are on the web, some of the cases are very sad.

The fed HRC in Ottawa preaches tolerance but they don't practice it, so they have nullified their existence. Hoisted on their own petard. And on video!!!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
To be fair, not wanting to appear with Ezra Levant is not the same as being against debate in general.

It is wise for anyone with any self respect to steer clear of that guy, since he clearly has none himself.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Why isn't CHRC applied to organized religion? At least they can pay some taxes to help the government's bottom line

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Why isn't CHRC applied to organized religion? At least they can pay some taxes to help the government's bottom line

Freedom of religion is one of the "Fundamental Freedoms" in the charter.

Well, having lost Section 13, the HRC's have decided to trash the country by ruining professional standards,,,,,,

Sun News : Another day, another reason to end human rights commissions

Another example of why you should never look to Ezra Levant for information on anything.

While the decision is certainly controversial, this whole article is pretty much one big lie by omission. He is misrepresenting the situation by leaving out all information on the actual substance of the complaint and making it seem like the tests he had to pass were exactly the same as all other foreign trained engineers.

Simons: Alberta Human Rights tribunal finds APEGA’s treatment of foreign-trained engineers discriminatory

Last edited:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Freedom of religion is one of the "Fundamental Freedoms" in the charter.

Paying of taxes by churches does not infringe on the rights of freedom of religion. everybody has freedoms under the Charter yet we pay taxes.

Organized religions send the majority of donations or tithes out of this country where other countries benefit and our government or us is left holding the bag.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Paying of taxes by churches does not infringe on the rights of freedom of religion. everybody has freedoms under the Charter yet we pay taxes.

Organized religions send the majority of donations or tithes out of this country where other countries benefit and our government or us is left holding the bag.

The tax code has nothing to do with the human rights commission, so I was ignoring that part.

Churches have been taken before human rights commissions in Canada for various things, but as I said, since the charter protects religious freedom, there are limited things directly related to religious practices that would be dealt with in that forum.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The tax code has nothing to do with the human rights commission, so I was ignoring that part.

Churches have been taken before human rights commissions in Canada for various things, but as I said, since the charter protects religious freedom, there are limited things directly related to religious practices that would be dealt with in that forum.
In most religions women do not have the same rights as men so it does

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Now there you go muddying the water for poor Ruff's narrow viewed bias with the fact that the National Post and Levant are in agreement.......

I don't quite follow you. Are you surprised that the National Post also has right leaning opinion editors?

If you actually read my post though, you will see that my point about Levant's article was not about if I thought he was right or not, but that he completely misrepresents the situation by leaving out pretty much every important detail of the case.

In most religions women do not have the same rights as men so it does

What does what?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

October 30, 2010

Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal To Be Dissolved

Star Phoenix;
The provincial government plans to introduce human rights legislation that will dissolve the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal in favour of having a court hear the complaints.
Justice Minister Don Morgan said the change, among other reforms to the Human Rights Code, is being undertaken at the suggestion of Judge David Arnot, chief commissioner of the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission. The commission is the body that receives human rights complaints and occasionally refers a matter to a tribunal for a hearing.
"There seemed to be a lot of support for going forward with it so we felt it was an appropriate piece of legislation to bring at this time," said Morgan, whose Sask. Party government signalled its intent in the throne speech to move forward with changes, which were first discussed in the spring.
"It will allow for a more streamlined process, more mediation and more expedited handling of files. But the most significant thing is it will no longer be the human rights tribunal. The complaints, when they're referred on, will go directly to the Court of Queen's Bench," Morgan said.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The people of this forum should be happy that Levant took on the HRC, Whether you like his politics or not is irrelevant to the fact that someone with hurt feelings can drag you before this kangaroo court and at the very least make you pay a sizable sum for stating your opinion. Up until Levant fought back this kangaroo court was hard at work destroying peoples lives and reputations.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
The people of this forum should be happy that Levant took on the HRC, Whether you like his politics or not is irrelevant to the fact that someone with hurt feelings can drag you before this kangaroo court and at the very least make you pay a sizable sum for stating your opinion. Up until Levant fought back this kangaroo court was hard at work destroying peoples lives and reputations.

My problem with Levant has nothing to do with his politics. It is his tactics.

Do you really think he achieved anything by doing that interview? What changed because of it?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Do you really think he achieved anything by doing that interview? What changed because of it?
And what do you think you achieve with your bob and weave arguments and deflections?
I doubt that you convince anyone that's not a born leftist.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

WHAT interview??

Levant was hauled before the Alberta HRC because he printed the Mohammed cartoons in Alberta Report.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
And what do you think you achieve with your bob and weave arguments and deflections?
I doubt that you convince anyone that's not a born leftist.

What do you think I am avoiding? What have I changed in my argument since the first post in this thread?

WHAT interview??

Levant was hauled before the Alberta HRC because he printed the Mohammed cartoons in Alberta Report.

Lol, umm, the very first post in this thread.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Oh yeah....missed that. I jumped in late on the thread....and I can't view the interview.

But it is really quite simple. It is valuable because Levant is working to expose the anti-free speech agenda of a kangaroo court that denies the accused not only their right to speak as they please, but their right to face their accuser, to be considered innocent until proven guilty, etc etc etc.

These people do not want to live in a free society.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Oh yeah....missed that. I jumped in late on the thread....and I can't view the interview.

But it is really quite simple. It is valuable because Levant is working to expose the anti-free speech agenda of a kangaroo court that denies the accused not only their right to speak as they please, but their right to face their accuser, to be considered innocent until proven guilty, etc etc etc.

These people do not want to live in a free society.

If anything I would say he hurts this side of the argument. Sure, he can rile certain people up, but his constant lies by omission, misrepresentations, and alarmist statements make anyone who actually knows anything about the subject think he side is weak since he has to resort to that stuff.

Intelligent people can disagree, but he does not conduct himself as someone trying to make an intelligent argument.

The fact is that the human rights tribunals and commissions have very difficult issues to deal with. You seem to think everything is black and white, but most of the time the issues brought before them involve situations where people's rights come into conflict. It is very difficult to sort out these issues where one person acting within their rights infringes on another persons ability to act within their rights.