Thoughts on male modesty?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
all genitalia shall be placed in the bag and flushed
done!
;)
...or we could do like Kurt Vonnegut did in one of his novels and make everyone take birth control pills that made you numb from the waste on down

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Lesbian

Then stop the exploitation of the male form to sell movie tickets.

Why were you calling Corduroy a lesbian?

And pardon my lack of imagination, but how do you get lesbian from donut bumper?

Lesbian

Then stop the exploitation of the male form to sell movie tickets.

You mean like the topless men playing volleyball on the beach in the film Top Gun?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Damn you are naive.

Why were you calling Corduroy a lesbian?

And pardon my lack of imagination, but how do you get lesbian from donut bumper?

You mean like the topless men playing volleyball on the beach in the film Top Gun?

There you go. Do women want to see Tom Cruise play volleyball wearing a track suit?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Because we live in a patriarchal society with a history of seeing women not as people but as the property of men. We've moved passed a lot of that socially and legally, but in general society sees female bodies and female sexuality as a public concern, not a personal one. Men, other women, the workplace, schools and religion all claim ownership of the female body and police it.

I hope to live long enough to see morality policing done away with completely.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We often talk about modesty as it applies to women, that they should dress modestly, act modestly, etc.

But how does it apply to men? For example, is it (or should it be) acceptable for a man to walk around downtown shirtless and dresed like Tarzan? What about the man who drinks to excess? Etc.

When we talk about modesty, why do we always seem to apply it to women only?

Which "we" is this? You and the voices?

Yet we give no second thought to men playing volleyball shirtless at the beach, or drinking till they pass out on the floor, walking around town dressed like Tarzan, etc.

If a woman sleeps around, she's a ****. If a man does the same, he's a stud. The examples go on.

So, should we hold boys and men to a certain standard of modesty in their behaviour at least equal to that to which we hold girls and women?
Well, ain't it enough if we criminalize sex like you want to?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm inclined to be pessimistic, but we've come a long in just living memory.

yes, we have. We're coming around to understanding that marijuana is not going to cause babies to be baked in the oven or people to become maniacs raping and pilaging.
I'm always modest...in my own rakishly handsome and charming way! ;)
and that's all that matters...you keep being your rakishly handsome and charming self and leave the rest to our imaginations (its sometimes better that way )
Umm.... the plumbers crack comes to mind.

some call it plumbers crack others call it bum cleavage ...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I'm inclined to be pessimistic, but we've come a long in just living memory.

you don't get out much eh?

...some call it plumbers crack others call it bum cleavage ...
better then the australian term "front bum"
;)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
yes, we have. We're coming around to understanding that marijuana is not going to cause babies to be baked in the oven or people to become maniacs raping and pilaging.

Oddly, raping and pillaging seems to occur without the aid of marijuana. I wonder if there's another cause. It's probably patriarchy again, damnit.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You're kidding, right? Folks who are stoned can't get off the couch. Only thing they're a danger to is a bag of Doritos.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Most guys are modest. Heck most wear underwear they purchased during the Carter administration. Not gonna be caught dead in public with those on.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

and that's all that matters...you keep being your rakishly handsome and charming self and leave the rest to our imaginations (its sometimes better that way )

some call it plumbers crack others call it bum cleavage ...

Oh yes, I forgot about the plumbers.