Thomas Mulcair, being "Thomas Mulcair"....

Mulcair 1 thread

• Total voters

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re: Stéphane Dion criticizes Thomas Mulcair for East-West strategy

The oil sands are not the sole contributor to the economy. Sorry, but you're wrong.

The reource industry is what I was referring to. I thought I was clear - my mistake.
Brings in copious amounts of revenues for Govts - workers and companies

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

The reource industry is what I was referring to. I thought I was clear - my mistake.
Brings in copious amounts of revenues for Govts - workers and companies

Okay, so what's the problem?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

The oil sands are not the sole contributor to the economy. Sorry, but you're wrong.

Oil sands- Are they improving by lowering GG per barrel- lower eco footprint - using less water- less energy per barrel?
Yes - No - Maybe-
What do you consider to be responsible development?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

oil sands- are they improving by lowering gg per barrel- lower eco footprint - using less water- less energy per barrel?
Yes - no - maybe-
what do you consider to be responsible development?
jive.... ;)

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Oil sands- Are they improving by lowering GG per barrel- lower eco footprint - using less water- less energy per barrel?
Yes - No - Maybe-
What do you consider to be responsible development?

I think that steady and responsible production can provide balanced economic growth by allowing manufacturing in all parts of the country (not just Ontario) to grow in tandem with natural resources. At the same time, it can minimize GHG production levels and allow us to meet the emissions targets that we actually set for ourselves by 2020.

And then bjs for everyone!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I think that steady and responsible production can provide balanced economic growth by allowing manufacturing in all parts of the country (not just Ontario) to grow in tandem with natural resources. At the same time, it can minimize GHG production levels and allow us to meet the emissions targets that we actually set for ourselves by 2020.

And then blow jobs for everyone!

My opinion- Would not matter who was in - they will not attain those numbers by 2020.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

My opinion- Would not matter who was in - they will not attain those numbers by 2020.

Not if they blow their wad on shipping out crude, no they won't.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

And then bjs for everyone!
You can't do that without infrastructure. It's only been two years since highway one has been completly twinned from west ON border to BC border. This **** takes time and MONEY.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

You can't do that without infrastructure. It's only been two years since highway one has been completly twinned from west ON border to BC border. This **** takes time and MONEY.

Pick any bone-headed conservative agenda item, click cancel and use that money.

In the meantime, we'll be just fine, even if we're not the #1 ECONOMY IN THE UNIVERSE!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Liberals started it with Jack's support. WTF is Mulcair's problem?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Not if they blow their wad on shipping out crude, no they won't.

Clark in BC is changing the law on carbon numbers - why - to build 3 LNG terminals - industry has applied for 6 - and they will be built - why - revenues- jobs - same with AB - SASK oil sands- money.

The US when they fully develop the Bakken oil fields will become an exporter of oil. That should be in about 15-17 years.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Clark in BC is changing the law on carbon numbers - why - to build 3 LNG terminals - industry has applied for 6 - and they will be built - why - revenues- jobs - same with AB - SASK oil sands- money.

The US when they fully develop the Bakken oil fields will become an exporter of oil. That should be in about 15-17 years.

Easy.. Don't bust an oil vessel over it. What's the rush?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Easy.. Don't bust an oil vessel over it. What's the rush?
It's all about energy and freight corridors with manufacturing hubs and raw good processing for value added export. We're going big. Pack a lunch and enjoy the ride.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Not sure what this has to do with the rate of production, but I wouldn't base my realism on propaganda from ethical oil. They're getting back door money from TransCanada.

Call the oil what ever you want to - Eastern Canada imports oil- we have it here - Why are we importing? Is it because it will raise our carbon footprint?

Name one major country in the world that would not do it? And why they would not.