This thread is dedicated to the lies, spin and BS thateachpartyuses(Goober's The OP)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney “no matter who he calls on we’re covered”

Before Romney issued his statement today, an open mic capture the press coordinating questions to ask Romney, with one saying “no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question”. I’ve transcribed it to the best of my ability but the audio is below for verification:

I’ve labeled one as the CBS News reporter as I believe it is Nancy Cordes who works for CBS News. If I’ve gotten that wrong I apologize and will correct.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: …pointing out that the Republicans… *unintelligible* …Obama….
CBS REPORTER: That’s the question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: *unintelligible*
CBS REPORTER: Yeah that’s the question. I would just say do you regret your question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Your question? Your statement?
CBS REPORTER: I mean your statement. Not even the tone, because then he can go off on…
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And then if he does, if we can just follow up and say ‘but this morning your answer is continuing to sound…’ – *becomes unintelligble*
CBS REPORTER: You can’t say that..
**Later**
CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

UPDATE: Newsbusters says the the CBS News reporter is Jan Crawford and she was discussing this with the NPR reporter Ari Shapiro

EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney “no matter who he calls on we’re covered” » The Right Scoop -

Video: CBS and NPR Reporter Plot to Insure Romney's Asked If He Regrets Obama Critique | NewsBusters.org

Have you stopped beating your wife?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Thanks to a new report by Media Matters, we now know that many Fox News contributors don't just play Romney campaign workers on TV, they actually do work for the Romney campaign.

John Bolton, Elaine Chao, and Pete Snyder are all Fox News contributors, while Walid Phares is a terror analyst. Bolton is a foreign policy advisor and campaign surrogate. Phares is a special advisor for foreign policy and National Security Advisory Team, and the co-chair of the Middle East and North Africa working group. Chao is national chair of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney, and Snyder is a surrogate. Plus, there's Karl Rove, co-founder of an anti-Obama super PAC and regular guest Jay Sekulow, who frequently appears on Fox to bash Obama, yet also serves as an advisor to Romney.

Read all the details at Media Matters.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Propaganda Alert: State Of California Asking Hollywood To Write Obamacare Into TV Show Plots…

I doubt the Hollywood moonbats will have a problem with this.
SACRAMENTO — The meeting came to order, the five members of the California Health Benefit Exchange seated onstage with dozens of consumer advocates and others looking on. On the agenda: what to name the online marketplace where millions of residents will be able to shop for medical coverage under President Obama’s health care law. [...]

Realizing that much of the battle will be in the public relations realm, the exchange has poured significant resources into a detailed marketing plan — developed not by state health bureaucrats but by the global marketing powerhouse Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, which has an initial $900,000 contract with the exchange. The Ogilvy plan includes ideas for reaching an uninsured population that speaks dozens of languages and is scattered through 11 media markets: advertising on coffee cup sleeves at community colleges to reach adult students, for example, and at professional soccer matches to reach young Hispanic men.

And Hollywood, an industry whose major players have been supportive of President Obama and his agenda, will be tapped. Plans are being discussed to pitch a reality television show about “the trials and tribulations of families living without medical coverage,” according to the Ogilvy plan. The exchange will also seek to have prime-time television shows, like “Modern Family,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and Univision telenovelas, weave the health care law into their plots.

“I’d like to see 10 of the major TV shows, or telenovelas, have people talking about ‘that health insurance thing,’ ”

Keep reading…
HT: Newsbusters

Propaganda Alert: State Of California Asking Hollywood To Write Obamacare Into TV Show Plots… | Weasel Zippers

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/15/h...ad-way-on-health-law.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
CNN Reporter Sends Obama Donation Request Form to Twitter Followers

This appears to be the height of journalistic malpractice.

On September 13, CNN political reporter Peter Hamby sent an Obama campaign donation request form to his Twitter followers:
The link goes to a donation page to join Obama at a fundraiser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Saturday, September 22:

If Hamby wanted to just report to his followers that Obama was heading to Milwaukee, he could have sent them a link to an Associated Press piece detailing such information without pushing them to a donation page:

President Barack Obama is planning to visit Wisconsin later this month — another sign of the state's battleground status.

An invitation says Obama will hold a fundraiser and roundtable discussion at the Milwaukee Theater on Sept. 22.

I guess that would have been too much like journalism for someone working for supposedly "the most trusted name in news."

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Media Bias: Shaping the News That Fits [an Extreme pro-Obama Agenda]

If you're curious why Barack Obama remains so popular even when American embassies around the Muslim world are burning, watch this.

small dead animals: Media Bias: Shaping the News That Fits [an Extreme pro-Obama Agenda]

Blaming Obama for the burning of Embassies is complete nonsense. The Media gave him a huge pass during the last election. In this one not as much compared to 2008- But Romney should go in for a Penis reduction as he is continuously stepping on his.

Western embassies on alert as Muslim protests continue over anti-Mohammad film | World | News | National Post

DUBAI — Western embassies across the Muslim world remained on high alert on Sunday and the United States urged vigilance after days of anti-American violence provoked by a video mocking the Prophet Mohammad.

Germany followed the U.S. lead and withdrew some staff from its embassy in Sudan, which was stormed on Friday.

Washington ordered non-essential staff and family members to leave its embassy there on Saturday. But the Khartoum government turned down a U.S. request to send Marines to bolster security after the mission was attacked.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
This sh!t is becoming ridiculous and democratically dangerous:

CBS: Obama Leads in Our D+13 Poll

Anyone following the presidential campaign through the prism of media polls is doing themselves a serious disservice. Virtually every one uses a polling sample that is so heavily-skewed towards Democrats that it distorts the actual state of the campaign. Of course, that is a feature, not a bug of the polls. The polls are specifically designed to drive a narrative that Obama is surging and Romney is struggling. Increasingly, though, the polls are having to go to ridiculous efforts to support this meme. Friday's CBS/New York Times poll, for example, uses a D+13 sample of registered voters. This is absurd.

In 2008, an historic election wave for Democrats, the electorate was D+7. In 2004, when George W. Bush won reelection, the electorate was evenly split. In other words, D+0. Repeat after me; the Democrat share of the electorate is not going to double this year. Given the well-noted enthusiasm edge for Republicans this year, the electorate is going to be far closer to the 2004 model than 2008. Any poll trying to replicate the 2008 is going to artificially inflate Obama's support.

more manipulation

CBS: Obama Leads in Our D+13 Poll

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Can You Top This? CBS/NYT Poll Weights Registered Voters Dems 35%, Republicans 22%

In a campaign season which is on track to go down as the worst ever for cooked polling, one from CBS News and the New York Times has outdone everyone to this point.

Clearly, they didn't like what a properly weighted result would have told them, which is that Mitt Romney is in a deadlock with Barack Obama if one uses Gallup's party affiliation numbers from before Democratic National Convention, or that he's up by five points if one opts for Rasmussen's affiliation numbers. In their latest poll, with registered voters, CBS/NYT not only oversampled Democrats, but they took the number of actual responses and further weighted them towards Dems, as seen after the jump.

Here is the CBS/NYT weighting exercise (found at the very end of the poll in the Scribd document; HT Mike Flynn at Breitbart):

more

Can You Top This? CBS/NYT Poll Weights Registered Voters Dems 35%, Republicans 22% | NewsBusters.org

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007