Thin Skin

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was addressing both of you, Jay. :p

If he is indeed "trolling" (I hate that word — it sounds weird, lol), then he should indeed cease at once. However, can you not see how you could be, in fact, inciting him to do so further by exhibiting such a reaction? This entire page, so far, is devoid of any posts of substance so far. I think the closest thing we have to substance on this page, is a quote of a substance post from the previous page. :lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Thin Skin

darkbeaver said:
I wonder how thick Anne Coulters skin is, I would enjoy testing it with a fork.

A simple kitchen fork would never get through all that make-up. Never.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
FiveParadox said:
I was addressing both of you, Jay.

My post is 40 min after his...you were waiting for me?

FiveParadox said:
This entire page, so far, is devoid of any posts of substance so far. I think the closest thing we have to substance on this page, is a quote of a substance post from the previous page. :lol:

I disagree, and you could help place some direction to this thread by answering he implied question of whether or not we are to accept the entire class of Muslim students are just extremists.....I mean I didn't like some of the teachers I had, but a group effort throwing your teacher out the window because he said something you didn't like about the Koran? Doesn't this seem like an odd situation to you? It's screwed up on so many levels that I dont know where to begin with it.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
1. The link that you posted, Jay, is obviously anti-Muslim in nature, and therefore I would not be surprised that the article makes no mention of how many students in this class were involved in the effort to "punish" the professor — but I would doubt that the entire student body in that room was extremist.

2. Yes, this does seem an odd situation. However, so do certain things from other faiths, too. For example, the death threats delivered to Judge George Greer, in relation to the Terri Schiavo case, in the name of Christianity — or the bombing of a gay night club by Eric Rudolph. Yet, for some reason, I have found no evidence of them being criticised by the mainstream population. Perhaps Christians are just "extremists-in-hiding," too.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think either one of you read the article.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think you read the article or you would have seen it for what it was.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.israelnetdaily.com/redir.php?headline=3527

"Dry out sex organs
of Jews, asks prayer
Muslim leader: 'Praise Allah bird flu' just beginning of plagues to hit Israel

JERUSALEM : The bird-flu virus found in Israel last week was sent by Allah to punish the Jews for being "the worst of humanity" and is the beginning of the outbreak of other diseases meant to destroy the Jewish state within the next twenty years, a Gaza preacher said at mosque services this weekend.

Sheikh Abu Muhammed, an imam at the popular Al-Tadwa mosque in Beit Lahia north of Gaza City, went on to ask Muslims at his Friday night sermon to pray for the sexual organs of Jews to "dry out" so they cannot reproduce, a Palestinian in attendance at the mosque services told WorldNetDaily.

"Praise Allah the bird flu has hit the Jews. It came because of their sins against the Palestinians; because they are the most cruel enemy of humanity; because they are themselves the enemy of humanity; because they don't believe in Allah; because they falsify the book of Allah; because they cheated the prophet Muhammed; and because they cheated Allah and even their own prophet, Moses," Sheikh Muhammed was quoted as saying.

"This bird flu will be the beginning of diseases which will hit the nonbelievers. Please Allah keep hitting the enemy with more diseases. This is no doubt the beginning of the end of the Israelis. Like [late Hamas spiritual leader] Sheikh Yassin said, 2025 will be the end of Jews. This [bird flu] is the sign," said Sheikh Muhammed, according to congregants.

Yassin, who was assassinated by Israel in March, 2004, told followers he used Quranic verse to divine Israel would be destroyed by the year 2025.

In his mosque speech, Sheikh Muhammed reportedly went on to explain Allah decided to "hit the Israelis with birds," since birds are mentioned in the Quran as a tool used to defeat infidels.

He asked for congregants to "pray for Allah to dry out the sexual organs of the Jews with a disease so they won't be able to reproduce anymore."

Muhammed made his comments in spite of predictions the virus found in Israel may surface through migrating fowl in the nearby Palestinian territories.

Bird flu was immediately suspected here last week after more than 1,000 birds were found dead in southern Israel. The Agriculture Ministry said yesterday it was almost certain H5N1, the deadly strain of the virus, was responsible.

Veterinary and state health officials proceeded with the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of turkeys and chickens in quarantined farms in attempts to halt the spread of the suspected virus. Israel is set to receive from Holland four million units of vaccine to treat birds in the event officials are not able to contain the virus.

In neighboring Egypt, officials yesterday confirmed a woman who died Friday had bird flu, making her likely the first human death from the disease in that country. Egyptian officials also reported last night a second possible case of a human contracting the virus, but have not released further details.

The H5N1 strain of bird flu has killed or forced the slaughter of tens of millions of chickens and ducks across Asia since 2003, and recently spread to Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Some experts fear H5N1 could evolve into a virus that can be transmitted between people and become a global pandemic, but others caution there is little evidence that can happen.

At least 98 people have died from the bird flu throughout the world, two-thirds of them in Indonesia and Vietnam, according to figures released by the World Health Organization. "

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Perhaps extremism is becoming le flavour du jour. Maybe that's what Jay is trying to say? Possibly? Could it be on the rise all over the world? I'm not sure, but I think it is, there are several instnaces of it (you can goodle at your own lesure) and several causes for violent reactions. This isn't an isolated incident, and I don't really care how biased the article it, it doesn't change the fact the several students threw their teacher out the window or whatever they did. I forget now, exactly.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
....difficulty in distinguishing between legitimate criticism and opportunist provocation remains mysteriously unaddressed. Yet ours is an age in which religious ideology is deemed to be in need of unilateral protection, regardless of the cost to others. Formerly liberal commentators are currently all too eager to ignore double standards as they strive to exempt religion from the customary obligation to discuss and test ideas. Curiously, those who are gorged on absolute conviction appear to have supernaturally thin skin and seem to bruise remarkably easily.

Thesis

Without the freedom to laugh at oneself and one’s own ideas, and without the freedom to accept criticism with a self-deprecating smile, what is the alternative? Rage? Indignation? An urgent desire to silence any criticism? And isn’t that just egotism and arrogant posturing? Perhaps the endless uptight puritans that bark at any whiff of “offence” should show a little humility and get over themselves.

Conclution

Perhaps emboldened by the prospect of the Religious Hatred Bill, or perhaps fearing they were losing the religious arms race, Christian groups protested against the BBC’s decision to broadcast Jerry Springer: the Opera. Protestors burned their TV licenses and declared some fictional right not to have their religion “insulted.” Reverend John Ross of Inverness spoke with unintended irony of the BBC’s “utter intolerance” of his faith. But, whatever the show’s aesthetic shortcomings, the BBC wasn’t forcing anyone to watch the programme in question, while the reverend was all too happy to try to force the BBC not to broadcast it at all, for anyone.

Anti-Muslim rhetoric? Or an article not read or blind readers? Decreeing through omission?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The Koran says, 'Death to apostates'

National Post
Published: Friday, March 31, 2006
Re: Muslim Medievalism, Richard Cohen, Muslim Silence, March 29.

Richard Cohen, rightly, finds it inconceivable that anyone in the 21th century would contemplate killing someone for abandoning his religious faith. He further finds it incomprehensible the fact that virtually nobody of the "huge swath of the [Islamic] world" would protest against such barbarity.

What Mr. Cohen apparently ignores are the facts that it is Allah's eternal will and Muhammad's decree that all apostates be killed, albeit only those from Islam to other faiths, not the other way round: "If they desert you, seize them and put them to death wherever you find them" (Koran 4:89). "Kill [behead] him who changes his religion" (Hadith). The Koran contains the will of the All-Merciful God and has been deposited on tablets in Heaven, guarded by angels, even before the creation of the universe! A document like that is not easily overturned by some state parliament or under pressures from foreign governments.

Allah, in addition, will punish every apostate from Islam with eternal hellfire (Koran 2:217). What is simply killing an apostate compared with his everlasting torture!

As long as we remain imbued by our politically correct dogmas, such as that Islam is a religion of peace, and is tolerant and compatible with life in a democracy, we will be bewildered and remain without understanding. Every Muslim is first and above all a Muslim, who accepts the dogmas of his faith, before he is Algerian, a democrat, a believer in human rights or tolerant towards others. The prospects are grim.

H. Klatt, Professor Emeritus, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/....html?id=993ae29c-ad1f-4fcb-857f-10a85ef643a0