The Trigger Of World War III?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
All males gone? Uhuh. I'm a bit too old to be gallyvantin around shooting dingbat NKoreans or Martians. Staying right here. :)
iffn' ya can shoot ya gotta go... wasn't it 15 to 60 in Britian? scary actually... and they didn't actually send all the men because they needed certain skill sets left behind to run the munitions plants etc.... you can run a plant, so you can stay

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
iffn' ya can shoot ya gotta go... wasn't it 15 to 60 in Britian? scary actually... and they didn't actually send all the men because they needed certain skill sets left behind to run the munitions plants etc.... you can run a plant, so you can stay
I'm a HD mechanic. Someone has ta keep the factory machines running. :D Guess I could shoot at people with empty rounds, though.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm a HD mechanic. Someone has ta keep the factory machines running. :D Guess I could shoot at people with empty rounds, though.
I don't know what a HD mechanic is but it sounds good and very necessary to the war effort. There have to be some advantages to aging for us!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
While I agree that we shouldn't ignore the lessons history teaches us, we also need to be careful in drawing too many parallels with past events as well. The alliances aren't as firm as they were prior to WW I (or II for that matter) and that was a big part in what happened. I don't doubt that tensions could flare up and even that hostilities could break out but too many people are mindful of what escalations could bring... and that includes leaders/politicians.

I disagree, the ironclad alliance of debt is stronger now than it was before either the first or second world wars. These indebted nations are obliged to conduct war by their literal masters. Remember that the modern economy is war by other means. The guilty wealthy of the west very much need this war or they perish in the courts. They don't give a damn how many innocent die and never did.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I disagree, the ironclad alliance of debt is stronger now than it was before either the first or second world wars. These indebted nations are obliged to conduct war by their literal masters. Remember that the modern economy is war by other means. The guilty wealthy of the west very much need this war or they perish in the courts. They don't give a damn how many innocent die and never did.

How can they perish in the courts of which, according to you, they are the masters?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Things are changing Trigger. Courts aren't hard to grow or convene are they?
OK, so let me see if I follow. The bankers are the absolute masters of the governments, but the courts, which are created and operated by the governments, somehow avoid the mastery of their overlords.

That about it?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
OK, so let me see if I follow. The bankers are the absolute masters of the governments, but the courts, which are created and operated by the governments, somehow avoid the mastery of their overlords.

That about it?

You missed the first step in state creation, the people, you have no faith in the people maybe, can't blame you as they've been effectively absented from the system for decades, it dosn't take much to jam together a court though, some chairs some pencils and big coils of hemp rope will get things started. They could use Nuremberg for a template while they tried the supreme court justices first. I don't think that would be a precedent.