The top ten global warming 'skeptic' arguments answered

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Which is pretty much the online equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going la,la,la...because you're unwilling or unable to accept what's being said.

Global Warming and it's effects don't go away because a few people lack the courage and insight to accept the facts.

Oh spare us your whining and get off the soap box.

It is a SCAM! A money making, wealth distribution scam with the potential of a Trillion Plus dollar windfall.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Being committed to not believing something for political, religious or economic reasons shouldn't be confused with being factually right.

To understand something as complex as Global Warming we need to strip those things away and look at what the evidence indicates.

And the science behind Global Warming is clear, it's real, it's here and it's serious...already. And it's going to get catastrophic on a global scale as we proceed with no mitigation efforts.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Being committed to not believing something for political, religious or economic reasons shouldn't be confused with being factually right.

To understand something as complex as Global Warming we need to strip those things away and look at what the evidence indicates.

And the science behind Global Warming is clear, it's real, it's here and it's serious...already. And it's going to get catastrophic on a global scale as we proceed with no mitigation efforts.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Oh spare us your whining and get off the soap box.

It is a SCAM! A money making, wealth distribution scam with the potential of a Trillion Plus dollar windfall.

Funny, I feel exactly the same about your position, the difference is you've got corporations like Philip Morris, BP, ExxonMobil and people like the Koch Brothers, Fred Seitz and Fred Singer at your back and a well documented pattern of fraud.

And the science has hundreds of years of real world evidence backing it up, which do think is going to prevail?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Funny, I feel exactly the same about your position, the difference is you've got corporations like Philip Morris, BP, ExxonMobil and people like the Koch Brothers, Fred Seitz and Fred Singer at your back and a well documented pattern of fraud.

And the science has hundreds of years of real world evidence backing it up, which do think is going to prevail?
Why hasn't it warmed for 17 years?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Oh you have all the right names up there.

Keep guzzling the Kool-Aid CK!

Oh you forgot to add all of the other scientists that KNOW this is hog wash and a scam.

What an inconvenient truth that there is not a true consensus among the scientific community.

OUCH!

Both actually.

Oh you mad now!

You and another tard giving me reddies like a couple of tornadoes. I LOVE IT!

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Why hasn't it warmed for 17 years?

It has, but most of it is going into the oceans which have a thermal density 1,000 times that of the atmosphere, but we're still getting top ten global temperature averages set at a time when otherwise there would be cooling as with the recent decline in solar activity and the presence of strong La Nina conditions.

It's equivalent to about 400,000 Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs a day.

Show how the fundamental forcing produced by increasing the amount of a gas that absorbs outgoing EM radiation in real terms, not this denial rhetoric that is virtually empty of any real content.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It has, but most of it is going into the oceans which have a thermal density 1,000 times that of the atmosphere, but we're still getting top ten global temperature averages set at a time when otherwise there would be cooling as with the recent decline in solar activity and the presence of strong La Nina conditions.

It's equivalent to about 400,000 Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs a day.

Show how the fundamental forcing produced by increasing the amount of a gas that absorbs outgoing EM radiation in real terms, not this denial rhetoric that is virtually empty of any real content.
Right.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Global warming is unpaused and stuck on fast forward, new research shows

New research by Kevin Trenberth and John Fasullo of the National Center for Atmospheric Research investigates how the warming of the Earth's climate has behaved over the past 15 years compared with the previous few decades. They conclude that while the rate of increase of average global surface temperatures has slowed since 1998, melting of Arctic ice, rising sea levels, and warming oceans have continued apace.

The widespread mainstream media focus on the slowed global surface warming has led some climate scientists like Trenberth and Fasullo to investigate its causes and how much various factors have contributed to the so-called 'pause' or 'hiatus.' However, the authors note that while the increase in global temperatures has slowed, the oceans have taken up heat at a faster rate since the turn of the century. Over 90 percent of the overall extra heat goes into the oceans, with only about 2 percent heating the Earth's atmosphere. The myth of the 'pause' is based on ignoring 98 percent of global warming and focusing exclusively on the one bit that's slowed.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

see above, if you're not going to believe the evidence presented then why not go back to making negative downchecks from the shadows as you've been doing for most of my posts on this subject.

Obviously you're a committed Global Warming contrarian.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I believe in human experience and that things the gubmint is advocating, especially by statists, is usually wrong.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I believe in human experience and that things the gubmint is advocating, especially by statists, is usually wrong.

Wow, Will Rodgers is that really you!?

Folk wisdom is about as useful for understanding quantum mechanics as tits on a boar...

Anything that doesn't agree with the scam ... er I mean Global Warming "science" must be dishonest. Otherwise, the bubble would burst.

Guess you didn't really read the OP or if you did, didn't understand it.

It would be nice to have a rational discussion on this crucial topic, but as that's pretty much impossible with people who have their minds plugged- an amazing feat btw - I'll bid adieu.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Guess you didn't really read the OP or if you did, didn't understand it.

It would be nice to have a rational discussion on this crucial topic, but as that's pretty much impossible with people who have their minds plugged- an amazing feat btw - I'll bid adieu.

Door meet azz