The 'squat' toilet comes to England

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The flush toilet was invented to keep sheeple constipated and dull minded. Squatting is the natural way to unload your bowels. It lets gravity do the work instead of your internal organs.

The hole in that squat toilet is way too small. I prefer an outhouse anyway. Much more sanitary than indoor toilets.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So can we all conclude that foreigners - non-British people - just can't do toilets?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So can we all conclude that foreigners - non-British people - just can't do toilets?
Sure, why not?

And their cuisine, women, political systems, architecture, poetry, music, navies, and beer are inferior to Little England's.

There's no point in trying to introduce a bit of sanity into a delusion as comprehensive and well-defended as yours.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
In my travels in Europe as far back as the 60's and as recently as '06 I've never had to use a "squat-toilet" so I think the headline of the article is a misnomer.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
In my travels in Europe as far back as the 60's and as recently as '06 I've never had to use a "squat-toilet" so I think the headline of the article is a misnomer.

The squat toilet isn't also known as the French toilet for nothing.

Béziers, southern France

Paris. Squat toilets are common in Parisian brasseries

Arles, on the banks of the Rhône, southern France